AuthorMessage
Knight-Hood

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:51 pm

Superman wrote:
Knight-Hood wrote:
Ok I've been thinking about this problem again and I think I have an interesting solution, the only problem is I am not sure it legal. Here is what I am thinking?

I think a badge would solve the problem of striking fear in the general public while still causing apprehension in the criminals.

Your thoughts?

Knight-Hood

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=12&u=17751376

Badges! We don’t need no stinking badges! L.O.L. Sorry had to get that out of my system. But if you need a worldwide recognized emblem for good guys might I suggest a Superman S emblem? I’m not being egotistical here by any means. But The S emblem and what it stands for is already known worldwide. Like I said in a different post it would save a lot of explanation. Why reinvent the wheel when 1 is so readily available. If there is some other more well known worldwide hero emblem use it. But I have yet to see one. If you need to make 1 you are welcome to the hero links emblem.

Superman

Yep, I thought about that very thing too. Perhaps the classic Superman S shaped badge only spray painted with chrome paint to make it look more like an official badge at a distance. I really think this could work guys. Once again look at the image of real life superheroes at the top of the page. Now picture Motor Mouth, Geist or Zero from the NYI wearing the silver superman logo badges on their lapels. It instantly changes their look from bad guy to good guy.

Knight-Hood
Back to top Go down
Amphiptere

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:26 pm

Oooh when I get one, I wanna wear it on my belt!
Back to top Go down
Rook

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:40 pm

You know...I'd wear that...
Back to top Go down
Midnight100

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:31 pm

Stuff like this is why I don't intend to keep my current look forever. I love the dark, but I need color.

And the badge idea is brilliant, I agree completely. I just don't like the Superman Symbol, I'm more of a Batman kind of guy. lol
Back to top Go down
Silent Defender

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:16 am

A quick Google search resulted me three options:

The Superman shaped badge is a design by Artisteroi; the blue, white and red belongs to AtomicHeroWear. Finally the round one is from The Real Life Superhero Project, I do not know who designed it.

These designs or some variation can be useful for those RLSH wishing to incorporate an emblem on their outfits.
Back to top Go down
Knight-Hood

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:20 am

Glad to see I got everyone's wheels turning on this. I tried Googling Silver Superman Logo Badge and didn't have much luck. I did see a belt buckle though that would be perfect if you could convert it to a badge.

Well any type of badge you wish to design and make would work as long as it resembles a policeman's badge at a distance so that people get the idea that you are on the side of law and order.

Knight-Hood
Back to top Go down
Amphiptere

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:31 pm

Sounds good to me!
Back to top Go down
Stephen Hannaway

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:22 pm

How do we issue them?
Back to top Go down
Knight-Hood

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:52 pm

Well it's only a suggestion on my part to those anti-heroes who dress in dark and ominous costumes as a way to create a better first impression so that they don't end up arrested like the Beast did.

RLSH's like Superhero as an example will have no need for them as the uniform itself implies that he is on the side of law and order.

Nor will it apply to those of us who use the covert method of being a rlsh like myself and the Rook as we go out in plain clothes and only wear the mask in an emergency.

Also exempt would be those who are already so famous in their communities that both the public and the law already know who they are and what they are up to on sight, like Master Legend, Urban Avenger and Phoenix Jones.

I posted this idea to try and help those who wear their dark themed costumes in full view on patrol so it can help circumvent any potential trouble.

Naturally it will be up to each individual as to whether he chooses to take my advice. If so he will need to create his own rlsh badge and wear it proudly.

Knight-Hood
Back to top Go down
Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:51 pm

Not sure about badges but jack of hero gear makes custom patches. I’m sure he would appreciate the business. If everyone ordered them at once there might be a break on the price as half the hassle is setting up a machine for stuff like that.

I’m sure that with all the talent within our merry little band of misfit toys we could decide on a design all could live with. Something he would only issue to bonafide members of the RLSH community.

That way we would have standardization and security and exclusivity all in 1 bundle tied with a bow. If we went to individually designed badges any schmuck could make1, which would make them meaningless.

I have also been considering some casting projects and could then mail badges out to whoever sent in a SASE and helped defray expenses as I have limited funds. Or anyone else the community trusts.

I fully intend to run off some sort of Superman emblem badges for my guys as a present and once I have it set up making a few more isn’t that big a deal.

Might even mark them with a serial number to foil counterfeiting and keep a easily accessible database of badge holders on watchtower or hero links.

Any of these ideas strike a cord with the group?

Superman
Back to top Go down
Legacy

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:19 pm

I do like the idea, I would don a badge so as to not be confused.

blasted terrorists and masked mayhemers!
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:58 pm

Silent Defender wrote:
A quick Google search resulted me three options:

I have this one, never painted it but I have it lying around somewhere.

as for ninjalante RLSH, I always tell them not to rob liquor stores.

Seriously.

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:38 pm

Following up on this subject I got in touch with Jack from hero gear to see if he wanted to make the badges. Well I got my reply from Jack and he suggested we talk to Artisteroi as he has a badge design http://www.shapeways.com/model/178149/improved-rlsh-badge.html set up. Plus a dollar from every sale goes to his local pet shelter. I’ve looked at his design and there is room for a registration/serial number so we could prevent unauthorized forgeries. We would number them and only send them out to RLSH's. He could then send me e-mails as to who has what badge for the database I’d be maintaining to help prevent those forgeries and misrepresentations. We need a design just for us because if anyone can add a badge soon bad guys would have them too. Then folks still couldn't tell the good guys from the badguys and the badges would be useless. Can someone contact him as I don’t have his address to see if he wants on board. If he doesn’t my offer to make numbered George Reeves Style S emblems at cost is still on the table.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Knight-Hood

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:37 pm

I have his email address. I'll send it to you in a PM.

Knight-Hood
Back to top Go down
Amphiptere

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:00 pm

Can't wait for these badges! cheers
Back to top Go down
Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:49 pm

Ebony Fox wrote:
Can't wait for these badges! cheers

Me again,

Well I heard from Artisteroi and he orders the badges he makes from an on line 3 D prototyping service and has them direct shipped. So he wouldn’t be able to add in any registration / serial number. He says he is planning on getting his own 3 D machine somewhere down the line and could participate then.

As the whole point of this project is to tell the good guys from the bad guys I think that numbering and tracking standardized badges is essential to the project whatever design we use.

Now what I have in mind is to hand cast badges using standard crafting decoupage techniques and number and paint them in my workshop. I would use the classic George Reeves Superman S emblem from the classic show of the 50’s.

I have an accurate copy of it I obtained from the Superman Museum in Metropolis Illinois. I have already done several 1 to 1 sized ones in the red and yellow felt used on his suit in the series and they are accurate right down to the stitch count.

If any of you know Super Hero ask him because as I recall I sent him 1 in the mail as a present. I can easily scale the design down to badge size.

Now here is where the rubber hits the road. Like I said before obviously all the badges have to be numbered and look alike to be effective.

Do you want to wait on Artisteroi getting his 3 D machine and go from there?

Have me make what I have in mind in my workshop? My wife has been on me to do non computer projects to diversify my activities. L.O.L.

Or decide on some other design as a group and go from there?

Whichever of the 3 ways you decide to go my offer of hosting a site to track the numbers (which I think is an essential part of it) is still on the table. No prima donna B.S. from me.

If you decide to use my design I’d like to have an idea of how many badges you may need to start. That way I can buy materials in bulk and save a few bucks. Remember, as I’d expect to be reimbursed for expenses it’s actually your money I’d be saving.

So I’ll be leaving it up to the group as a whole to decide from here.

Superman jocolor
Back to top Go down
Knight-Hood

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:00 pm

Hmm...Well I'd hate to see you go to a lot of expense only to find that no one orders any of them. I Googled around to see if I could find a Superman badge already made but the closest I could find was a silver belt buckle that would be perfect if it had been a badge. (Ypu might have better luck in this regard) If we could find one people could just order, they could have the serial number engraved at any jewelers and send you the number for your data bank.

Of course the orginal idea is simply to be wearing a badge to let people know what side of the law you are on? The idea is new and there is no way to reach all rlsh's who need them for a lot of them never come here.

I never like to point out a problem unless I have some kind of possible solution, but few know me in the community and even fewer will read this post. So realistically there is no point in spending any of your hard earned money on this project until we see if any one is even interested in the idea.

Still In certainly want you to know that I appreciate your willingness to step up to the plate and make this a reality. I just don't want you to make a bunch of badges that no one orders.

So let's leave it up in the air for a time and see what the community thinks of the idea and whether it is worthwhile to pursue any further.

Knight-Hood
Back to top Go down
RLSHsupporter

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:45 pm

Someone should make a video about it, it's the fastest way to reach the RLSHS all over ad spread your message across. I'll help by forwarding it.
Back to top Go down
Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:58 pm

Well it is my intention to do some resin casting and make some badges for my core group here as a kind of reward for all the good work they have done so far. Like any unsolicited present those will come out of my pocket.

When I do my badges I intend to break them down into 3 sections. H for heroes S for support staff and F for fans. So all badges will start with the identifying letter followed by a 7digit number. I know that in the H and S sections I wont need that big a number but I have hopes for the F section.

All that adding in RLSH’s orders will do is increase how much I get in raw materials. I have a reason for wanting a custom numbered design especially as it applies to this project. The bad guys could, just as easily order any S emblem, or any other emblem you can order on line.

As the concept of wearing a S emblem badge got out to the public as a way of telling good guys from bad guys I’d be willing to bet that bad guys would get 1 and wear it too. After all they are bad guys and bad guys do bad things. On his or her bad guy scale counter fitting a badge to get over would be a no brainer. They could also whip out an engraver and put a number on it too.

Deciding on and making a design of our own choosing (in my case a scaled George Reeves S) will give you a badge not easily duplicated due to its handmade nature. Numbering them will make it even harder. Posting a picture of the badge on line, accessible by anyone with an Internet connection, complete with the 3 numbered lists of who owns1, will make it a royal pain in the ass for bad guys and make it next to impossible to forge it.

Giving bad guys a pain in their rump they can’t get rid of really puts me in my happy place as a RLSH. So weather anyone else wants 1 or not I’m making some badges for me and mine. If anyone in here wants1 now would be the time to step up and say so. Prices for the 1’s I make at cost for RLSH’s will be at cost and finalized before they go out.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:42 pm

Hi all me again,

It occurs to me, that some of the younger members may have no idea of what the George Reeves S emblem looks like. Or what our final badge will look like. Here is a link to a drawing of the design I intend to use.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=167ce7e78bc60c28&id=167CE7E78BC60C28%21502&sff=1

We will have H for hero S for support F for fans and R for heroes who retire and turn in their badge to be reissued to the next group coming up. Other than the letter designation and what number it is the emblems will look alike.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:55 pm

Any word on if they caught the ninja robber?

Im currently working on redoing my own "Badge" that I have worn off and on again over the years

While Superman does inspire hope and all that Batman wasnt always vangence or revenge He inspired to me that anything is possible and that there is always a way (If that isnt true then how the heck did he and Robin get out of all the villianous traps they were caught in over the years?)
Back to top Go down
Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:28 pm

Couple of reasons we went with the S emblem Polarman.

1 from a distance it looks badge shaped a Bat emblem doesn’t and that was 1 of the original requirements.

2 presently Batman is considered all dark and brooding Superman isn’t. As the idea in part is to scream good guy without scaring regular citizens the S works better.

Don’t want to rain on your parade but 1 of the reasons he always got out of scrapes was if he was killed the folks writing Batman stories would be out of work. Something crime fighting RLSH’s should take into consideration as they will be working in the real world and not have any writers looking out for them.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:24 pm

ok I work better with the old Adam Wesat Batman My Emblem that I sometimes wear is The Star Trek Triangel turned upside down with a big "P" in the middle
Back to top Go down
Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:00 pm

Well Polarman if that’s what you want but we can sign you up for a S badge when I get them made as obviously you qualify.

Superman
Back to top Go down
omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:08 pm

While going through some of the older posts and threads, I came across this one. It sparked a conversation surrounding the concept of a RLSH logo and patch. What made this so moving was that it was a subtle shift to RLSH cohesion; something the community has been hungry… no, no… STARVED for, since it growth.

I remember when there were deeper conversations and brainstorming sessions as to how an organized association would function. It would need to support the coming and goings of fringe members, Public & Community relationships, and guidance.

It would need to be loose enough so that members can still own their freedom, but controlled enough so that accountability and responsibility could not be disregarded. It would need to inspire and create hope.

I think this is something that should be revisited on a continuous basis in this community, even if it gets so far as to merely being a fun conversation. It would be powerful.

Some of the greatest creations have come from fun conversations.

-Omen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   

Back to top Go down

Ninja Robber in South Florida
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next