Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Knight-Hood

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:18 pm

Gentlemen,

We have a robber in South Florida hitting gas stations and convenience stores at an alarming rate with a handgun. He's held the gun to the heads of customers and smashed cash registers to retrieve it's contents. He is becoming famous because of his mask and image and it is reflecting in the comments of those responding to the articles.

Some have called him a recession Robin Hood and others state he should be shot on sight. Some are calling him a RLSV and placing him in the same space as the Colorado Joker, James Holmes.

The most recent videos show him wearing a full black ninja garb with white gloves.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1813711621001/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/29/ninja-robber-wanted-for-dozens-hold-ups.florida_n_1838915.html

I bring this up not only to put all rlsh's in South Florida on alert but also to point out that once again we have a villain who is dressed a lot like many of our rlsh members.

So once again if you are one of those rlsh's who dresses in all black, maybe even ninja garb yourself, be aware that the public and police are once again on high alert for that image.

Knight-Hood
Back to top Go down
Knight-Hood

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:25 pm

Hmm...I messed up the second link. Here it is again.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/29/ninja-robber-wanted-for-dozens-holdups-florida_n_1838915.html

Hope I got it right that time.

Knight-Hood
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:31 pm

I hope they get that guy and kick his ice
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:34 pm

which is why I dont use the ninja look
Back to top Go down
Rook

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:46 pm

Aw, geez...looks like a balaclava. My preference of masks (on the rare occasion that I wear one).

-Rook
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:57 pm

Hmmm... It's Gun Ninja...

Why is it Miami gets all the cool supervillains and all we have up north are typical thugs?

You get ninjas and zombies and tanks... Here we just have Soetoro laying siege to the magic kingdom, and that bastard NATHANDOR.
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:02 pm

Wait, we just had a "Joker" sighting over in Melbourne, that makes 2 in the immediate area. But this one had shock pink hair.
Back to top Go down
Knight-Hood

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:20 pm

Polarman and Rook; Yes indeed this is the point I wanted to make. The Ninja Robber dressed in his all black ninja garb and James Holmes in his all black swat team look bears a strong if not indentical look to a great many in the rlsh community.

We need to reevaluate the whole anti-hero (Batman) image, which seems preferred ten to one over the hero (Superman) look, because in real life Batman would be arrested on sight.

Yes I know it seems a tad hypocritical of an observation coming from a man in a modified ski mask, but as you know I do not wear the mask on my patrols. I go out in disguise and only don the mask in an extreme emergency and those have been blessedly rare.

Take a look at heroes shown at the top of the page. Only Zetaman, Crimson Fist, Superhero, Civitron and Dark Guardian are dressed in colorful costumes. The rest look very menacing.

If you are one of those who patrol in full costume take a look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself if you were to see someone like this, what your first thought would be? Hero or villain?

I have brought this up twice before. Once after James Holmes arrest and again after the Beast's arrest and while none disagreed with me, we still are seeing 25 anti-heroes to every one dressed as an obvious superhero. In fact the trend seems to be growing.

Now we have a ninja dressed robber who the police will probably shoot on sight if he is seen. How many of you out there could be mistaken by the police as a copy cat?

If you can't answer that "not me" then you need to rethink what image you are promoting.

I am not criticizing you but only trying to make you think because I do care what happens to you and the future of the movement.

Leviathan; Yeah I know, it's the same in St. Pete. Not a supervillian in sight.

Knight-Hood
Back to top Go down
Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:46 pm

Why is it that folks seem to think it has to be1 or the other when it can be both. As a case in point my design for The Force.

It seems to have a fair intimidation factor on the criminal element while being easily recognized as a superhero suit by decent folks.

Now in the interests of accuracy a lot of the intimidation factor may be due to the demeanor of the guy in the suit and his effectiveness against the criminal elements he has encountered.

I’ve seen him in action and how he approaches criminals is way different than how he approaches regular citizens.

Guys crooks don’t have a dress code and if you are effective they will fear you no matter what you are wearing.

Now while not as completely kid friendly as a Superman suit this 1 adheres close enough to the recognized arch type to be seen as hero rather than villain.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Silent Defender

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:38 am

The costume of the thief is so ... cheap ...

I agree with what the baclavas. The only way a guy with a baklava not scare me, if this is complemented by a police uniform.
(In Mexico the police is more frightening than the thieves, but that's another topic ...)
The baclavas has an intrinsic intimidation factor, so are the choice of both law enforcement and criminals. Some RLSH complemented with googles to make them closer to citizens.
I will prefer to use a lucha libre mask rather than a baklava, but is each RLSH own decision to use it or not on their attire.

In my experience, nothing frightens more a criminal, as take the attitude of "I have no fear of you, and you better not mess with me." Criminals are lazy, do not like challenges, and if they think lack of an easy victory, they will prefer to retire.
And also, that nothing eases the mood of most people, than a smile.

Attitude is more important than the mask.
Back to top Go down
Knight-Hood

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:35 am

Superman; Yes indeed your design for the Force is instantly recognizable as someone trying to portray a superhero. At least I would think that if I saw him. This is a good design and I'd like to see more heroes dress this way if they are going to be seen by the public.

The problem is most rlsh's think looking dark and scary is cool. It's only cool in comics. In real life dark and scary will get you busted by the police and perhaps even shot.

The Beast is a prime example. His simple mask was enough to cause one woman to dial 911 and report him. The next thing he knows he is face down in the pavement with his hands being cuffed.

Changing your look does not necessarily mean a whole new design for you. It can be as simple as adding a golden cape or changing your color scheme. Avoid black if possible. Blue is a good substitute. Green too. Look how many comic book heroes use green. Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Green Hornet, etc.

The day of walking the streets in a black ninja or swat team look are drawing to a close. Do take my warning seriously and get creative with your new looks before you find yourself wearing an orange prison outfit.

Peace be with you all

Knight-Hood
Back to top Go down
Rook

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:56 am

Going to have to find a way to modify my balaclava.....I don't wear masks frequently enough to warrant much of an investment.
-Rook
Back to top Go down
Ninja

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:18 am

Hi guys! just got back from southern Florida...it was a blast!

joke aside...

While many here think "looking dark and scary is cool", myself included, i dont think police will just open fire just because of somebodies attire. However I would say anyone operating in that area, wearing "ninja robber" style costumes, should be on high alert for police...If they turn up, whether as a lone officer or a platoon of riot gear wearing "protectors of the peace", CO-OPERATE FULLY! Just incase. Once you explain yourself they will have nothing on you.

OR

Maybe add a bit of colour to your costume for a bit!

I would say its being hyped up to send a message to "superhero" wannabes (as Knight-Hood said alot of people think dressing in the dark gear like batman is being a superhero) as a smear campaign... with them saying they will shoot on sight will put in peoples heads that, even if you are good you could be shot by the very people you are trying to help...could go 2 ways i reckon:

1.robber and "superheros" get scared...both either stop or "superheros" go all bright and colourful...robber stops or gets flushed out (bear in mind RLSH get flushed out too)

2.police do shoot at/ arrest who they think is a robber...turns out it was a RLSH...and BOOM people are against the idea of RLSH because they (probable news paper quote) "do more harm than good" and "wasting police time"

maybe its just my "conspiracy mind" lol Laughing

please be aware i havent look at the links yet but if i change my mind ill let you know! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Knight-Hood

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:20 pm

Yes I suppose this is even more of a problem for you than most since the robber looks like your clone.

Been thinking about this and you know what just states "superhero" immediately, other than capes? A logo or symbol on your chest. Almost all comic book superheroes have them. Superman has a stylized S, Batman the bat symbol, Spiderman, Captain America, etc.

So perhaps those who don't want to change their look too much could simply design and add a logo to their chests and just avoid wearing black. Capes too are instantly recognizable. The problem of course is that in real life they get in the way. Short ones are more practical than the big flowing type, but if you do decide to wear one I recommend attaching it with velcro in case someone grabs it.

Just a suggestion guys. You'll have to come up with some creative ways to make the world recognize you as a hero not a villain the instant they see you.

Just my 2 cents

Knight-Hood
Back to top Go down
Knight-Hood

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:29 pm

Rook wrote:
Going to have to find a way to modify my balaclava.....I don't wear masks frequently enough to warrant much of an investment.
-Rook

Rook you could simply add a white Rook symbol to it. That might help. Of course like me you rarely wear it and only then in an extreme emergency so really this problem doesn't apply to us as we operate in a covert manner. The ones who need to worry are those who operate like a cop on the beat wearing their costume at all times while on patrol.

Knight-Hood
Back to top Go down
Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:47 pm

Well Knight-Hood perhaps you and Rook could form a covert team called the chessmen. The only thing is I’d feel sorry for whoever got stuck with Pawn. They might be in for a world of grief.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Knight-Hood

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:38 pm

Lol. Yeah we really should. Too bad we are so far apart geographically. Yeah we met another hero called the Bishop too on rlsh.org last year.

But I don't want to drift too far off topic. What are your thoughts regarding the hero-look vs the anti-hero look? Why do you think that we have so many dark scary anti-heroes wearing skulls or demon masks? Is Batman really that much more popular than Superman?

Superman stands for hope and inspires heroism in others. Batman stands for vengeance and creates apprehension in those he opposes, but does this approach work in real life? Do we want the public to fear us or look up to us.

Just trying to make everyone think about what message they want to be spreading?

Knight-Hood
Back to top Go down
Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:06 pm

Knight-Hood,

A covert intelligence gathering team could exist online so you wouldn’t have to be all that close together geographically. Having played chess I know it sharpens your thinking.

There are so called Oracle teams of various stripes and purposes all over the place. But 1 that specializes in strategy, based on information, has yet to be seen by me. If you do decide to make 1 and need a place to host it, you can have 1 from me for free.

As far as looks go you have my opinion from my previous post. With careful design you can have both looks. But if limited to1 look go hero. Half of us got into this to inspire folks and last I looked its hard to inspire anyone while scaring the crap out of them.

Now if the bad guys don’t take you seriously I say all the better. While I don’t have the degrees that Rook has I know enough basic psychology to know that you only prepare a defense against things you consider threats.

To me an unprepared crook is a very good thing. As I am getting on in years I’ll happily take any edge I can get. After you hand a few over to the Cops, word will get out that you aren’t a joke.

Superman cheers
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:07 pm

Superman can wear anything he likes, because his immense power is more than a match for most threats he will ever face. His sheer power and reputation scares criminals, even if he chose to wear a pink tutu.

Batman is human; no powers at all. A shocking costume that evokes nightmare images the moment you see it gives him a momentary extra advantage, and his superior training takes him the rest of the way.

RLSH are only human, as far as I know, so choosing the dark image would seem the automatic choice for crime fighters, if not the wisest choice in the current climate.
Back to top Go down
RLSHsupporter

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:43 am

Which is why i made the video i made lol
Back to top Go down
Knight-Hood

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:18 am

Ok I've been thinking about this problem again and I think I have an interesting solution, the only problem is I am not sure it legal. Here is what I am thinking?

If you look at images of a masked terrorist, all in black with ski mask and rifle and then look at images of a police officer on a swat team who is also masked and carrying a rifle they a seem nearly identical. Yet the police officer immediately generates a feeling of hope in the average citizen, while the terrorist generates fear.

Why? Because the police officer is wearing a badge. I was wondering if we could create our own badge and wear it. It should be shaped like a shield as a universal symbol of protection, silver in color, and be engraved with the letters RLSH.

No matter how dark your image is then, black head to toe (Like my friend Ark for instance) and you are seen charging toward someone to help them or just walking on your patrol, those who see you are wearing a badge will immediately know you are on the side of law and order.

Of course I know that it cannot say Police department, Sheriff's department, FBI or anything like that because that would be pretending to be a police officer, which is a felony. But the question is, would you still be violating any laws by doing this?

I'm not a lawyer but I know many rlsh's are policemen and so I would like to hear an answer to this?

I think a badge would solve the problem of striking fear in the general public while still causing apprehension in the criminals.

Your thoughts?

Knight-Hood
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:22 am

There are people who wear shirts with badges on them, usually indicating a team or a security firm. Nobody arrests them.

As for the theory that superheroes with badges would be looked up on with badges, that's dubious at best. Police officers have had hundreds of years to establish the fact that they're in place to stop bad people. A badge that says "Super Hero" won't change the public's perception of us. Only our actions will do so. Our reputations have to speak ahead of us in order to gain validity in the eyes of the public.

So, getting caught on video playing rope-a-dope with an armed thug and witnesses saying "That guy in the black armour beat up that robber with the guns" will help those reputations. Events like hope 2011-2012-2013-ect will help the public's perception and give them a visual reference for recognition for when they see us in the future.

IE; A couple months back, I pushed a truck out of active traffic that just died outright (it was a Ford, go figure Wink ) and moved it to a walgreens parking lot. The lady in the cab said "Are you that Master Legend guy I read about?"

Uhhhhhhhg..... Mad
Back to top Go down
Knight-Hood

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:51 pm

Lol. That's great.

Well see that's my point. Most rlsh are not as famous as ML or those in the film Superheroes and of course PJ. In fact most of the community is completely unknown and given the recent events with James Holmes and now this Ninja Robber public perception of black clad masked men is at an all time low. It could blow over and indeed you are correct that the more good deeds we do can only help our PR image.

I tried to download these two images to make my point but they were too big so I'll just put the url.

First check out this photo of an armed Swat team officer at http://oathkeepers.org/oath/wp-content/uploads/police-state-heavily-armed-300x266.jpg

Then check out this photo of a terrorist at http://www.stockphotopro.com/photo-thumbs-2/AHY5WD.jog

As you can see the two masked men are vertually identical except for the obvious badge on the police officer. The badge makes all the difference in the public's perception of the motives of this masked individual. If it works for him, it should work for us as well.

Food for thought

Knight-Hood

(By the way if anyone knows how to shrink these photos down and post them here I would appreciate it. Thanks)
Back to top Go down
Knight-Hood

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:53 pm

Crap I messed up the url on the terrorist. Here it is again.

http://www.stockphotopro.com/photo-thumbs-2/AHY5WD.jpg
Back to top Go down
Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:36 pm

Knight-Hood wrote:
Ok I've been thinking about this problem again and I think I have an interesting solution, the only problem is I am not sure it legal. Here is what I am thinking?

I think a badge would solve the problem of striking fear in the general public while still causing apprehension in the criminals.

Your thoughts?

Knight-Hood

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=12&u=17751376

Badges! We don’t need no stinking badges! L.O.L. Sorry had to get that out of my system. But if you need a worldwide recognized emblem for good guys might I suggest a Superman S emblem? I’m not being egotistical here by any means. But The S emblem and what it stands for is already known worldwide. Like I said in a different post it would save a lot of explanation. Why reinvent the wheel when 1 is so readily available. If there is some other more well known worldwide hero emblem use it. But I have yet to see one. If you need to make 1 you are welcome to the hero links emblem.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Robber in South Florida   

Back to top Go down

Ninja Robber in South Florida
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next