Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Business As Usual For Phoenix Jones

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SkyMan

avatar

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service


PostSubject: Re: Business As Usual For Phoenix Jones   Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:04 pm

True UA... his longevity should correlate into experiance shouldnt it? But I DO agree with Dark here. The teachers and administrators of the school shouldve had more control over it.... Mayb they were like, "OMG its Phoenix Jones! Squeee!" And they all left common sense at the door?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Business As Usual For Phoenix Jones   Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:06 pm

.


Last edited by Dark Wolf on Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

avatar

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service


PostSubject: Re: Business As Usual For Phoenix Jones   Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:34 pm

No I agree too. The other adults should know better too.

I have to ask though, does PJ have to burn his hand to know the pot is hot?

_________________
Facebook | Myspace | YouTube | Twitter
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Business As Usual For Phoenix Jones   Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:49 pm

.


Last edited by Dark Wolf on Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lunar Veil

avatar

Category :
  • Crime Fighter


PostSubject: Re: Business As Usual For Phoenix Jones   Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:27 am

DarkShadow wrote:
I'm not one to make a hasty judgement call on this one but,...I'm gonna have to agree with Urban Avenger on this one. These are kids we're talking about here and as for body-wise, kids are still growing and developing. A child's hand against armor, ANY armor,...meh, not a good idea. The fact that the kid will be ok is good, things not withstanding, Kids WILL be kids and as a father i know all too well that they are curious about things and that child-like curiosity can sometimes backfire on them.

But this is Phoenix Jones we're dealing with here as well, His record well, kinda speaks for itself.


DarkShadow out

I am surprised at your fallacious logic. You are usually far more sensible than this.

A deed - that is what people should be focusing on here, the morality of the deed (and nothing more) - is wrong either "malum prohibitum" or "malum in se," not "malum just because this is Phoenix Jones we're dealing with here as well." If you want to say that what he did was wrong, then say that it was wrong for the right reason(s), which leads to my next point.

Why are people really butthurt over this? Because Phoenix Jones did it, that is why. Because Phoenix Jones has done "stupid shit" in the past, and supposedly, that makes this "transgression" much worse than it would be were it his first transgression ever; you know, on a moral level and all. Even though everyone else here has done stupid shit too, myself included, a number of people in this community hate Phoenix Jones - for whatever reason - and Phoenix Jones is in the limelight; hence, for these reasons, he is constantly on trial in this community, and that is not right.

"I overlook the many severe flaws in my brother, but I see even the slightest flaw in my enemy."

Regarding the child, whatever happened to the good old days of rough 'n' tumble tots? My personal opinion (please note that I am not claiming that this is a fact; again, it is solely my opinion) is that we can blame contemporary society and the evolution of the government's role in parenting for how we have to be so overprotective of our children. As a child, I was often in a cast and/or sling for one reason or another. I had a total of fourteen broken bones as a child - yes, I am just referencing my childhood here - and this list discounts any bruises, concussions, contusions, lesions, sprains, etc. Why? One could blame it on a number of reasons - having four brothers with whom I constantly wrestled, lack of caution, poor judgment, etc. My stupidity was my stupidity, no one else's. I paid for it and moved on, lesson learned each time. This child was just being a child - putting the world around him to a test - and again, people are just pissed off because of the following elements: Phoenix Jones, someone got hurt (who cares whose fault it was), and Phoenix Jones "got away with it." Do you really think - honestly - that Phoenix anticipated that the child would get hurt? Like him or not, no, he did not, and really, here is the biggest thing:

It is not a big deal anyway! Call me if he actually shoots someone.
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

avatar

Category :
  • Public Service


PostSubject: Re: Business As Usual For Phoenix Jones   Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:45 am

I hope I never make any mistakes. I would hate to have a bunch of people talking shit behind my back.
Back to top Go down
Lunar Veil

avatar

Category :
  • Crime Fighter


PostSubject: Re: Business As Usual For Phoenix Jones   Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:55 am

Idea Man wrote:
I hope I never make any mistakes. I would hate to have a bunch of people talking shit behind my back.

You have no worries until you piss a lot of people off and get famous.
Back to top Go down
Stephen Hannaway

avatar

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH


PostSubject: Re: Business As Usual For Phoenix Jones   Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:52 am

Can I ask? He isn't associated with us is he? PJ I mean? I was just wondering why not... He's really well known, probably one of the most well known heroes out there. At least as well known as any of our veterans.

If it is the case he's not part of the RLSH movement, why not? Is it a personal choice or is he not allowed cause he doesn't follow all our rules or what?

Curious i guess Smile
Back to top Go down
Crossfire the Crusader

avatar

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support


PostSubject: Re: Business As Usual For Phoenix Jones   Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:48 am

hmmm

This past weekend I had several kids ask if they could punch my shield...and I let them

no injuries...several happy kids...every parent thanked me.

Also...

On Friday I was appearing as Gizmoe and making balloon animals...and I had many requests for balloon swords...and I refused

Why? because kids have a tendency to USE the balloon swords and when the sword breaks they often continue the "fight" without it and that usually ends up getting someone hurt.

as for PJ and this incident...we have a saying

Shit happens!

Its really not worth wasting the effort discussing...It happened and its over...and nothing we say will change the way PJ does things...so why bother discussing it.

My opinion is that unless you are going to raise money for this kids medical bills or have some magical power to heal his hand then your efforts are probably better spent looking for ways to do good in the world.

_________________
Who are you? I've never heard of you nor have I been given reason to take you seriously, I'm sure lots of people share my opinion on this matter. Which is why you got your initial response, if you had made an introduction thread or at least made of point of saying who you are you probably would've been received better. (Sleepless)


Sometimes you cant win by fighting the negative, but you can turn the tide by strengthening the positive


SUPERHERO ACADEMY ON BLOG TALK RADIO - returning soon - times TBA - http://www.blogtalkradio.com/superhero_academy


Back to top Go down
Instructor

avatar

Category :
  • Hero Support


PostSubject: Re: Business As Usual For Phoenix Jones   Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:00 am

I have always kind of wished that P.J. would come on here. I am not pro or con. I wouldn't want his fame, I think it makes life hard for a person.

Kids are always finding ways to hurt themselves. We keep a pretty big box of iron man bandaids at the house.
Back to top Go down
Instructor

avatar

Category :
  • Hero Support


PostSubject: Re: Business As Usual For Phoenix Jones   Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:08 am

I actually miss guys like Superhero and that crowd that was here a lot last year.

Not so much the flame war folks though, life is better without them.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

avatar

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service


PostSubject: Re: Business As Usual For Phoenix Jones   Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:08 pm

I'm not up in arms about this, but at this point I snicker at everything KOMO news says about PJ. They're basically his PR company, rather than a news organization.

And the kid's enthusiastic thumbs up is hilarious. Like, "%*&# YEAH!!!!!"

_________________
- E0N
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Business As Usual For Phoenix Jones   Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:21 pm

.


Last edited by Dark Wolf on Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

avatar

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service


PostSubject: Re: Business As Usual For Phoenix Jones   Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:45 pm

Yes, it's a long story.



I actually like PJ, insomuch as that even matters, but he does do a lot of stupid things. I wouldn't consider it talking behind someone's back when you try to talk with someone repeatedly first and they refuse to talk with you.

So when PJ makes reckless decisions that get his partners hurt or exploits them to aggrandize himself, I don't feel any need to just smile and say "well, everybody has their own way of doing things." It's a free country. He may feel free to criticize me all he wants in return.

_________________
- E0N
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

avatar

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service


PostSubject: Re: Business As Usual For Phoenix Jones   Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:47 pm

And this is a mistake, albeit not one to get super worked up about. There's no way to spin giving an inspirational talk at a school resulting in a kid breaking his finger as an achievement.

Yeah, everybody makes mistakes... but it's still a mistake.

Personally I might have said something like "I'm really sorry about that" rather than "I thought the parent gave me permission."

_________________
- E0N
Back to top Go down
Equal

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Business As Usual For Phoenix Jones   Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:24 pm

Is this an american thing? Kids are supposed to get hurt. No pain, no gain. That kind of experience come with a lot higher price when they get older.

Did PJ steal your sweetroll.
Back to top Go down
Gauge



Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH


PostSubject: Re: Business As Usual For Phoenix Jones   Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:43 pm

If the kid punched a brick wall and broke his finger, we could easily say it was a bad choice that HE was responsible for. The difference here is that Phoenix had the choice to let the kid hit him. He made the choice even though he told the kid he could hurt his hand. Evil? Not in the least. Bad judgment? Absolutely. Crucifiable offense? Not so much. Teachers definitely should've said no, but I doubt that anyone seriously thought the likelihood of injury was high.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

avatar

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service


PostSubject: Re: Business As Usual For Phoenix Jones   Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:53 pm

Equal wrote:
Did PJ steal your sweetroll.

Yeah.

_________________
- E0N
Back to top Go down
Red Dragon

avatar

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service


PostSubject: Re: Business As Usual For Phoenix Jones   Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:59 pm

Oh for fuck's sake. This is why I don't post often, (among other reasons that make me busy).

The kid asked to punch the superhero. How many times have we seen that in cartoons and on TV with charity events. I mean, fuck, when I was working with him...we used to punch each other's armor all the time. It's every little kid's dream to prove their might and hope that they become the next Clark Kent or Bruce Wayne.

So let's get this straight. The kid asked to punch PJ's armor. PJ consented with a warning telling him not to get hurt. The guardian consented to the kid punching his armor. The kid punched his armor and ended up getting hurt.

Aaaaaaand somehow this is Phoenix's fault?

At some point, people need to stop circlejerking over every single thing that PJ does and focus on what the fuck they are doing. I swear to god, if people spent less time bitching about PJ...someone in this room may have found the cure for Hodgkins Lymphoma.

Go out and do something good for someone.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Business As Usual For Phoenix Jones   Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:03 pm

.


Last edited by Dark Wolf on Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Red Dragon

avatar

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service


PostSubject: Re: Business As Usual For Phoenix Jones   Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:07 pm

Dark Wolf wrote:
Red Dragon wrote:
...someone in this room may have found the cure for Hodgkins Lymphoma.
I have, but the media is covering it up Razz


Actually, I remember a discussion happening about a year ago that went in a similar direction with another RLSHer. I'm not touching that with a 10 mile pole... LoL
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Business As Usual For Phoenix Jones   Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:03 pm

.


Last edited by Dark Wolf on Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Red Dragon

avatar

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service


PostSubject: Re: Business As Usual For Phoenix Jones   Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:10 pm

*fumbles about*

Now where's that damned "like" button. By the way. When the hell are we hanging out? I've lived down here for almost a year and never met you guys.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Business As Usual For Phoenix Jones   Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:29 pm

.


Last edited by Dark Wolf on Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tommyknocker

avatar

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support


PostSubject: Re: Business As Usual For Phoenix Jones   Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:21 am

You know, I'm shocked to see people brushing this off. Yes, the consequences were minimal. Yes, everyone's handling it pretty well. However-

THIS SHOULD HAVE NEVER HAPPENED. PERIOD.

If you say "Yes, you can totally do something dangerous, I don't mind" YOU ARE ONE HUNDRED PERCENT TO BLAME FOR THE CONSEQUENCES.


This isn't an accident. Accident means nobody is at fault. Accident would be a kid slipping and falling into Jones. Jones allowed this incident to occur.

To see other adults trying to brush this off like Jones was somehow not responsible makes me wonder about the judgment of my fellow RLSH. This isn't him getting into an Altercation that people may or may not feel was justified, where there is room for debate. This is him doing something we all know is stupid and dangerous.


I'm laughing at Jones for this incident. The article made me sigh, put my face in palm, and go "What next" ? But seeing the reaction.... That just makes me angry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Business As Usual For Phoenix Jones   

Back to top Go down
 
Business As Usual For Phoenix Jones
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» May Day - Phoenix Jones
» Linux Based Stable Solution for VoIP Business!!
» The Usual Suspects ULTIMATE HOUSE PARTY
» VoipSwitch [Sale/ Rent/Lease] Start Your Own Business , BEST
» What is this dox business and how can I use it? (As requested)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: RLSH News-
Jump to: