Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Grounding and Centering

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Grounding and Centering   Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:22 am

Hi all! Smile

First, I guess I should explain a little bit about how I feel about abilities related to parapsycholigcal phenomena.

I personally like to call these powers "Extracurricular Abilities" because they simply add more to your training and education in general, but are not something you absolutely have to do. Like, metaphorically speaking, training your Extracurricular Abilities would be like deciding to go to college after high school, haha. Or something like that. XD

I like to keep as open a mind as I can, and there have only been a few times where I bared witness to something I had previously believed impossible. And let me tell you, if you are serious about training these abilities you will see some amazing things and it can be scary, but also exciting and life changing for the better as well.

I have always been fascinated by these abilities and have been researching, and practicing since I was a little kid. However, I jumped in too quickly, and a lot of freaky stuff happened to me mentally, and physically, as well as spiritually and it took me years to get myself back up to the point where I could start making progress because I was scared to death of ever going near it again.

Once I took it back up, I took it very slowly at first and did my research at a steady pace and I have found that a world I once feared was now one that I thrived in.

A couple years later I decided I would teach a friend of mine how to do some things, but I feared he may have a similar experience so I taught him little by little starting with basic things; that way he had a sound foundation going in and wasn't terrorized, haha. He is now a very impressive Dreamwalker. Smile

More on what those are later, haha; for now I would like to share the very two first things I feel one should know before they start training their abilities: Grounding and Centering. Smile

GROUNDING

Grounding is basically purifying your system of negative energy in order to make you function more smoothly. If too much is stored up, then it could lead to physical problems such as aches and pains, charlie horses, and even more severe side affects such as heart problems. Needless to say Grounding on a regular basis is not a bad idea at all, and helps make you feel more positive and healthy. Smile

Technique One

1. Imagine yourself as a large tree, and visulaize your roots running deep into the earth, and your branches reaching high into the sky; your imagination is your only limit. Smile

2. Inhale for five seconds, hold for five seconds, then exhale for five seconds while simultaneously visualising the excess negative energy of your body shooting deep into the earth and high into the sky through your branches and roots, far away, never to be seen again.

3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you feel good; just let go of all your tension, and it helps to smile a lot. Smile

Technique 2. Find a tree. Sit with your back flush aginst the trunk. Visulze your excess energy being carried deep into the earth by the tree. Have a nap if you have time. Smile

CENTERING

Centering is a good preliminary step towards activating your extracurricular Abilities. With time you won't even have to physically do anything; a mere thought will suffice, depending upon the feat you wish to accomplish.

1. Pinch the bridge of your nose between your thumb and middle finger, and place your pointer finger in the middle of your forehead so your thumb, index, and pointer make a triangular shape.

2. Inhale through your nose for five seconds, hold for five seconds, and exhale for five seconds as you visulise your breath as energy flowing up your pointer into your forehead.

3. Continue with step two as you visualize an imaginary line running down your center, and make it straight by feeling it's energy and straigtening your spine to accomadate it. Do the same with an imaginary horizontal line around your middle. Feel the gravity of your being, holding you to the earth and feel balance.

Continue steps 2 and (optional) three until you feel ready for whatever it is you are about to do. Smile

A good source of information on New Age and other Parapsychological interests can probably be found at your local bookstore.

If you have any other questions on Extracurricular Abilities, feel free to contact me and I'll do my best to try and help. Trust me, the sink or swim method is way worse. Doing it bit by bit is the best route in my opinion and experience. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Grounding and Centering   Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:34 am

Back to top Go down
Stephen Hannaway

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Grounding and Centering   Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:42 pm

So basicly NLP anchoring tricks...
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Grounding and Centering   Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:03 pm

Gauge wrote:

He just asked me to delete his account the other day, saying he would not come back until he was ready, if ever.

This IP adress is in alaska.

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Grounding and Centering   Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:52 pm

The Magician wrote:
So basicly NLP anchoring tricks...

Or I guess you could just "focus."

Yeah... this is eerily similar to a bunch of stuff that was posted here a couple of months ago and turned into flamish flames and stuff.

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Grounding and Centering   Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:36 pm

Seriously? 204 is gone!? He seemed so... interested?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grounding and Centering   Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:27 pm

Sigh, Actually, what I said to Urban Avenger was that I had to put 204 behind me, and that I may be back at some point when I'm older and when I felt ready. Technically, at the time I was already ready, because as Magician said, I was getting more interested. I first picked up the RLSH thing because I had a death wish. I didn't care if I lived or a died but I didn't want to kill myself so I figured I'd patrol at night.

204 was my number in Utah, but I decided I had to put it behind me in order to move forward in life.

A close friend of mine taught me that it's not how the hero begins that determines who he is, but how he decides to overcome his trials and the new heights to which he can soar.

So I decided I'd put 204 behind me, and I finally got a therapist and she's been helpful in helping me get past what happened in Utah.

Hoping it was going to go more smoothly, but oh well.

Anyway, what are NLP Anchoring Tricks? I don't believe I've heard of those?
Back to top Go down
Stephen Hannaway

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Grounding and Centering   Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:18 pm

Ah! So you've changed names i see... Smile

NLP Stands for Neuro Linguistic Programming. It's a vast topic, Full to bursting with useful abilities but basically anchoring exploits the subconscious brains ability to recall information, emotional states or even a physical change i.e the relaxation of the body, the increase in reaction times and even the production of adrenaline.

It's not a super power, just good science... It works on the same principles when you walk into a cafe and the smell's remind you of childhood or something like that. NLP Anchors are created by closely associating some kind of external stimuli (Like pinching the bridge of your nose) to an emotional of physical state (like balanced or energetic) so that they can be called on at will regardless of the situation

You basicly described a functioning Anchor with your first post. Only difference is you attributed it to a supernatural energy rather that the subliminal workings of the human body...

It's like I keep saying to you, this meta science stuff is either nonsense or a misunderstanding of normal science... You obviously have the potential to become very adept at this kind of thing, I wouldn't waste that talent on "magic".

M.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Grounding and Centering   Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:26 pm

and here I actually thought 204 and Hero Boy were 2 different people
Back to top Go down
Stephen Hannaway

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Grounding and Centering   Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:31 pm

I know... I noticed they were similar, Hero boy being a little sunnier. Dun dun dun *shock reveal* Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grounding and Centering   Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:50 pm

I have been feeling sunnier; that's another reason I wasn't comfortable with 204, because it's too depressing, and so I decided to be more sunnier. I just chose hero boy because that's what my friends call me when they're making fun of the rlsh thing, haha.

On the topic of magic, I would like to say that I am with you one hundred percent, Magician. My apologies if it sounded as though I were attributing it to the supernatural. It's just like mind programming basically. The first step is to believe you can do it and work from there. Just like training anything. Smile
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Grounding and Centering   Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:07 pm

Anchoring -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anchoring_(NLP)

It's basically like if Pavlov's dogs found a benefit in being able to salivate on command, so they did the experiment on themselves. Then later when they wanted to salivate, they just thought to themselves "bells."

Something like that.

NLP is a quasi-science, which is not to say none of it works, but it isn't as truly scientific as advocates claim.

And magical theory isn't entirely worthless, either. "Keep secrets" from alchemy and stage magic is a good one.

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Grounding and Centering   Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:19 pm

There are many techniques out there.

Most of them are, simply, a way to shed ideas that don't work
Back to top Go down
Stephen Hannaway

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Grounding and Centering   Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:36 pm

Eon Is perfectly correct, like i said NLP isn't a superpower, I myself find it useful in only a few areas, It really depends on how receptive you are to that kind of thing. I much prefer to stick to learned skills that you know you can bank on.

But yeah, The basic principle is sound. It's really just down to how practical you think it would be to you :/ You can achieve the same result with a high enough level of focus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grounding and Centering   

Back to top Go down

Grounding and Centering
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Skills-
Jump to: