HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

I want to be a hero

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:02 pm

XD

Yeah, I just. Googled what language they spoke there and it said the primary one was Spanish, so I figured that'd be the best way to communicate effectively with Kuaquer until he learns to speak english a bit better. Smile
Back to top Go down
Instructor

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:56 am

Code:

<div id="google_translate_element"></div><script>

function googleTranslateElementInit() {

new google.translate.TranslateElement({

pageLanguage: 'en'

}, 'google_translate_element');

}

</script><script src="//translate.google.com/translate_a/element.js?cb=googleTranslateElementInit"></script>

Back to top Go down
hiddensparrow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:19 am

Instructor wrote:
Code:

<div id="google_translate_element"></div><script>

function googleTranslateElementInit() {

new google.translate.TranslateElement({

pageLanguage: 'en'

}, 'google_translate_element');

}

</script><script src="//translate.google.com/translate_a/element.js?cb=googleTranslateElementInit"></script>

Not sure where you got that code from, Instructor (or what your intended purpose for using it was) but either way it seems that what you were trying to get at didn't seem to come through very well. silent confused

As a side reference from my experiences, this forum doesn't seem to be well-built to handle anything more than original PhPbb code.

@Zimmer: Would this link at all help in reducing language barriers between members here? --> [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thanks!

~HS. :>
Back to top Go down
Equal

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:13 pm

Kid, you are way out of orbit. Stop dreaming and do your homework.
Back to top Go down
Instructor

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:44 pm

Yes...it ate my html translator and then laughed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:00 pm

Just go to www[dot]translate[dot]google[dot]com Type in what you want to say in your language, select the language you want to convert it to, then copy and paste the new text from there to here. Smile
Back to top Go down
Silent Defender

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:00 pm

I use the Google translator. Although sometimes makes some semantic errors, with some corrections gives very good results. I copy and paste the translated text, and read the preview before posting. I have some knowledge of English, I can read it without problems, but I use the Google translator to polish my grammar.

Apparently our friend from Argentina means that is afraid of being caught by police, being mistaken for a criminal. He is also aware of the impossibility of complete eradication of crime, but worth trying. Without knowing Kuaquer, I can infer that it is very young, idealistic, and possibly a victim of crime. With your permission I will address a message in Spanish:

Amigo Kuaquer: tu intencion de dedicar tus esfuerzos a combatir el mal y proteger a los inocentes son de lo mas loables y admirables que hay. Seguro habra gente en tu entorno cercano que te dira "no te metas, no es tu problema", pero esta indiferencia solo lleva a que nuestros paises poco a poco sean arrastrados al abismo.

Sin embargo, te prevengo de ponerte tu traje de heroe y salir a la calle a golpear traficantes de drogas. Debes usar la inteligencia, como Batman. Ser conciente de que la vida real es mas terca, y la suerte mucho mas escasa. Tenemos muy pocos idealistas, muy pocas personas que deseen dedicar su energia al bienestar de la humanidad, y no queremos, hablo por todos los RLSH (super Heroes de la Vida Real), no queremos perderte prematuramente. Hay muchos metodos para castigar a los malvados y proteger a los inocentes, metodos que aprenderas leyendo las publicaciones de este foro y de otros sitios especializados. Metodos talvez mas lentos, menos emocionantes, pero efectivos. Asi que, fortalece tu cuerpo, adiestra tu mente, para estar preparado a lo que venga. Pero no te arrojes de cabeza al peligro. La valentia sin inteligencia es temeridad.

Asi que bienvenido. Aqui encontraras ligas a sitios especializados en artes marciales, primeros auxilios, tacticas de investigacion, artilugios increibles, y amigos idealistas de todo el mundo. Aqui he encontrado cosas asombrosas. Y me di cuenta de que no estaba loco cuando quise ser un poco como Batman y ayudar a mis amigos y personas en problemas.

Por cierto, tu nombre significa "hacedor de Terremotos o algo asi?

Atte: Defensor del Silencio.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:15 pm

Way to be a mentor, Silent Defender, though I would discourage against "punishing the wicked". It is not our place to punish those that do evil; it is, however, our place to protect the innocent. You needn't punish nor hurt anyone in order to do so, and I suggest leaving the punishing up to the proper authorities. "Punishing the guilty" is what will get youn in trouble with the police, and that's apparently a concern for Kuaquer. Smile
Back to top Go down
Silent Defender

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:50 am

You're absolutely right, Hero Boy. In fact, the best way to punish the bad guys is with jail. Helping the authorities to apprehend the criminals, denouncing them to the police. The most experienced RLSH crime fighters act as additional eyes and ears of the police.
Back to top Go down
Kuaquer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:56 am

no me interesa ser ojos ni oidos de la policia , son corruptos la mayoria , ven crimines y no hacen nada . Siendo yo un justiciero defenderia de cualquier intento de asalto o robo a las personas cuerpo a cuerpo . Salvaria mas vidas que un policia.. saldria solo de noche
Back to top Go down
releanr

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:25 pm

Actually, Kuaquer may not be that far off in his supposition that the police force in his country is less than on task. Argentina just went through a reform of sorts, I know that the economy is HEAVILY monitored there, though I don't know the specifics.

His thought process is that in a country in turmoil, a vigilante approach is possible, since people die for worse reasons there. I'm going out on a limb to say that he himself is either a victim of the new regime, or was close to one. At any rate, What he's talking about is an entirely different breed of problems than what we have to deal with, and in reality, few of us here can relate to him, because most of us live in established, well-organized (relatively speaking) countries. Truth is... we can be little more than armchair pattons in this situation. Because most of us can't even begin to imagine a situation where the reigning system of power is a borderline dictatorship that possibly exploits the masses in truly unethical and brutal fashions. At least, from Kuaquer's point of view anyways.

In such a situation, if his goal is purely the pursuit of justice with no regards to his personal situation, I suppose vigilantism would look attractive, and frankly speaking, compared to the balance of power they have now, it may be their only true change at justice, from a certain point of view.

However, there are heavy cons to go with this style of "hero". Make no mistake, to take on this problem is to take on the problems of an entire country. Sure it'll start small... an intervention here, Some action there, but it escalates, and QUICKLY. Eventually you will get tangled up in problems beyond your neighborhood. Your very presence will act as a beacon to like-minded individuals, and that will attract attention from all sides of the conflict. Some will admire and follow you, attracted by your notion of justice, some good honest people, some just in it for the bloodsport. Others will see your stance as a challenge to the regime, and will stop at nothing to end you and what you stand for. Keep that in mind, Kuaquer. It means you will be fighting not just your local crime and mostly likely your local police force, but cause enough problems and you will attract military retaliation. Of course this is all just one scenario. There's literally 1001 ways for such a pursuit of justice to end up.

Keep in mind you have to last that long. If I were in a position of power, and some upstart threatened to give the people an alternative to my regime, I'd crush you and everyone you love, make an example out of you before you got any steam. It's not evil, merely logical. And this isn't even TOUCHING on how the criminals will handle you, since til now they've pretty much had free reign.

I say all this to warn both sides of this discussion. Not everything is as it seems. We can't treat Kuaquer's case like our own, because it's not even close to the same. Worst we handle on a day to day basis is... what maybe a lost tourist? Some drug trafficking? In argentina, it's much worse right now.

And to Kuaquer, I can only say, think this through very carefully. There's a reason we're suggesting alternative methods to vigilantism. The cost could be more than you're willing to pay.

As for myself, I can only wish you the best of luck, truly, deeply. Whatever you decide, we will be here, because that's what RLSH do. Stick by each other, through thick and thin.
Back to top Go down
Kuaquer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:30 pm

I'm making a database in microsoft visual basic 2008 express with information from people in my city, with its dni, address, phone, etc.. I would like more tips on which add to my database, I have understood that I will take a while to gather the information.
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:22 pm

I myself produce mini files of known repeat offenders and dossiers of the real bad hitters in my area to keep an eye on.

Example: Marcus Javell Wilson, repeat offender, many dealing offenses.
This was the file I had on him as of this past September (the image is just a capture of the first page)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

But suffice it to say, the major guys make the secondary level folder called Persons of Interest, and garner the undivided attention of the man in black himself.
These sub-folder dossiers often have video of their transactions, complete with notes of persons who have dealings with them, license plates, photos with time stamps, and so forth. Wilson just happens to make that list.

The extent of the tech know-how I need to compile these files is just microsoft word, simply enter the info at the end of the night from my notebook and camera phone, nothing fancy. But it helps to have a pre-made template for each dossier, makes data entry that much easier.
Back to top Go down
Silent Defender

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:59 am

It's a very good job, Leviathan!
Back to top Go down
Shade Gargoyle

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:15 am

I must say, I admire your determination, Kuaqeur. Sincerely. But, what you have to understand is that most of the real life superheroes on this site do not have the knowledge or experience to offer you advice in your situation - the majority of us here hand out food to the homeless, spread information about prominent criminals and crime trends, and intervene on crimes we happen to come across. Some of us speak to children and youth at schools, and, although there are those of us who train and equip themselves to combat crime, and indeed do so, most people here rely on the police to handle more serious crimes, and virtually all of us steer far away from organized crime like gangs or mafia.

This is because our situations are quite different - the United States has less crime than most countries in South America, and Canada has even less than that. While our local police forces may not all be the elegant, well oiled crime fighting machines they should be, we can usually depend on them. Obviously, your environment is very different. If what you are describing is accurate (Which I do not doubt), you would not only have huge, deeply rooted criminal organizations to contend with, but many of the police would be in league with them.
Even if you were able to depend on and collaborate with the police, and they were honorable, the cartels and mafia would still pose a considerable challenge for them... The odds are not in your favor, Kuaqeur: you are surrounded on all sides.

Please, do not think that what I have said was meant to discourage you. I agree with what you have said: while the task of fighting crime in your country will certainly be difficult, I too believe that it can be done. But if you are reckless, and charge in without planning or thinking, it is likely that you will be killed. We are simply trying to help you to calm your thoughts, and begin to devise a strategy.

I may not have the experience of some who have spoken here, but I believe I have a good mind for tactics, so, here are my suggestions... Firstly, you should even the odds: as I said before, you are surrounded. If you are as determined as you claim to fighting these groups, I believe forming a team would be a good idea. Ten thousand armed criminals against one man with insane martial arts abilities, smoke bombs, a bulletproof vest and a fire in his heart are not good odds... But ten heroes? Twenty? One man can achieve great things alone, but to have allies would be a good thing, in your case.
This would make you easier to find, however, so you would have to take measures to ensure that you and your team will not be discovered. This too can be done, but aside from finding a large cave under your city that nobody goes to, I am afraid I cannot make many suggestions.

Please pardon the length of my post. I also apologize if my words seemed arrogant or condescending in any way: I was trying to speak clearly to make it easier for you to translate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   

Back to top Go down

I want to be a hero
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2