Sickness while working out?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nintyplayer

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Sickness while working out?   Mon May 14, 2012 8:11 am

I've been trying to get in shape -- I'm 5'9", 165lbs and nearly all in fat -- but I have this problem. Whenever I begin eating more healthily (no chips or cookies or dessert foods) and working out (3x a week) I get really sick.
I had been jogging and eating healthily for about two weeks and had lost about 5lbs, but then I got sick. Turned out I had a vicious intestinal infection. Then when that was over I got a bad cold. Then a throat infection. Then a sinus infection. Then a problem with stomach inflammation. All over the course of 2 months.

I, for the most part, have still given up drinking soda and eating fast food... but I want to start working out again so that I can lose a lot of weight and gain a lot of muscle! What can I do to avoid sickness?
Back to top Go down
adamm[]

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Sickness while working out?   Mon May 14, 2012 8:32 am

you are allergic to being healthy.. hehe.

5'9 165 all fat??? im either 5'8 or 5'10 @ 190lbs and about 15 lbs of fat. you cant be that skinny. if your love handles sag your prolly 40lbs overweight, if your pecks are more like tities, your prolly 50lbs overweight, depending on size of course.

You might be so out of shape your body is getting sick from working out. i got sick, through up and had headaches when i started up a few months ago but havnt been sick since because im in better shape now and it takes even more to push my body to the point it is collapsing on itself.

but a sore throat, intestinal infection and all those things your listing are prolly not from working out. You might be getting sick from the gym. Do you get out into public much? If you live on the computer and never interact with people (like i used to do as a kid 2 hours of sleep, 22 hours of video games Very Happy)you might have gotten sick from interacting with people just from daily germs.

It could be your diet as well. your body cant handle foods that you dont eat normally, your body literally doesnt know how to digest them. Do you eat a wide variety of foods?

Start slow if getting sick is only because of working out and changing your diet, it could be a little bit of everything putting your body into shock.

Go for bike rides or just walk around town rather than jog. It is less strainful on your body and TBH your heartate is around 70-80 when active but not working, walking gets you up to around 90-100, and jogging only 120-130, so jogging works your body harder but really doesnt burn off the fat that much more. Just walk around town for a few hours a day., and learn the streets and back alleys and such as you do. Kill two birds with one stone, plus it passes the time and its not like working.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sickness while working out?   Mon May 14, 2012 11:15 am

You should consult with a qaulified physician; they'll be able to help you out better most likely. Hope this helps. Smile

Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Sickness while working out?   Mon May 14, 2012 12:47 pm

Hmm... intestinal infection, bad cold, sore throat, sinus infection and a stomach inflammation.

You, check for parasites, tiny girl check his place for chemicals and mold. Australian guy, make him some chicken soup and amoxicillin for his cold and stomach flu. Me, I'm going to limp away and pretend that his body just isn't used to exercise and eating right and is just throwing a fit.

Back to top Go down
adamm[]

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Sickness while working out?   Mon May 14, 2012 1:02 pm

Laughing burns off 1.3 calories per minute, i just lost 3 pounds.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Sickness while working out?   Mon May 14, 2012 1:23 pm

Get regular excersise Eat healthy meals even if you mix them together like I do

A bowl of cereal covered in yogurt and a glass of milk does the trick for me

Cut down on the burgers fries and cookies Ive stopped drinking pop a long time ago I might have one can a day wevery few weeks or so but I prefer ice tea and juice Even YOP is better than pop
Back to top Go down
Proteus

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Sickness while working out?   Mon May 14, 2012 1:33 pm

Somehow this thread managed to pick up a few tidbits of actual useful info...

First off, yes, you should definitely consult with a qualified physician. These symptoms are simply not caused by working out or "eating healthy". Your health is paramount. Get your health in order before you try any kind of diet or work out regimen.

What concerns me is your claiming that being 5'9" 165 lbs. is fat. According to the handy dandy internet body mass index calculator:
BMI CALCULATOR wrote:
According to your height of 5' 9" your ideal healthy weight is 152 pounds. Your recommended weight range is between 135 and 168 pounds.
So your weight is well within your recommended weight range. is it possible that you could be mistaking lack of tone for being fat? What's troubling about this is that it's an indicator of body dysmorphic disorder, which is an unhealthy focus on a "perceived defect"... which means you think you're fat when you're not.

People with this condition may claim to be eating healthy when they're actually starving themselves or eating things which can actually do damage to their body. They can also push themselves to the point of damage while exercising.

Again I strongly recommend consulting a physician.

Part of the issue may also be WHAT you are eating. There's more to eating healthy than just cutting out the bad things. You actually need to be replacing these bad things with healthy foods and suppliments. What are you eating? It's possible you could be eating something that you are mildly allergic to, which could be wreaking havoc with your digestive system.

Again I strongly recommend consulting a physician.... and in this case a nutritianist as well.

The cold, throat infection and sinus issues could be a sign of a weakened immune system, which could be due to a variety of factors including lack of proper nutrition, lack of a proper rest cycle, an undiagnosed illness... the list goes on.

The bottom line in this, really, is that I implore you to go to your doctor and tell him EXACTLY what you said in your post, plus everything else that you left OUT of your post.

Hang in there, be safe, and be healthy.
Back to top Go down
Proteus

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Sickness while working out?   Mon May 14, 2012 1:50 pm

One more thing.

You should start drinking lots of water - about 3 liters a day. This keeps you hydrated and does an amazing job of flushing your system. I'd also recommend drinking green tea, as it is a powerful antioxidant and helps clean all the toxins out of your body.

Get yourself some vitamins - just a good one-a-day to start - that way you are getting the vitamins your body needs now until you can fit your nutrition to your lifestyle.

Make sure you are eating normally - about 5 small meals a day - which means eating just about every three hours. Lay your hand down on a plate with your fingers outstretched. That's a complete portion size.

Again I definitely recommend consulting with a nutritionist. This will get you on your way to REALLY eating healthy, and go see a doctor!
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Sickness while working out?   Mon May 14, 2012 2:26 pm

Try eating the cookies and dessert food and stuff and working out.

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Sickness while working out?   Mon May 14, 2012 3:29 pm

I agree with proteus. I weigh as much as you and I'm 2 inches shorter. I do need to lose some "fat" but I have a lot of muscle, which weighs more than fat.

Bottom line, you're not fat, you just need to get in shape. go see a doctor.

PostSubject: Re: Sickness while working out?   

Back to top Go down

Sickness while working out?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1