Dealing with Dangerous offenders

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Dealing with Dangerous offenders   Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:20 pm

What steps do you take when you hear the news that someone who is a known pedophile or worse is being released from prison and into the area where you live or work?
Back to top Go down
Vulpo

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Dangerous offenders   Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:01 pm

Well it's important to note that most pedophiles are not sex offenders or child rapists. So the first order of business is to find out what this person's criminal record is exactly. And then keep a sharper eye on said person as if to guard the people which he/she is around.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Dangerous offenders   Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:38 pm

Most news outlets around here actually discribe people as known pedophiles so I was led to believe that a pedophile is someone who rapes children
Back to top Go down
Vulpo

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Dangerous offenders   Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:01 pm

Polarman wrote:
Most news outlets around here actually discribe people as known pedophiles so I was led to believe that a pedophile is someone who rapes children
Technically speaking, a pedophile is somebody who is sexually attracted to children, but obviously not everyone who's like that would be willing to destroy the lives of children to satisfy their own fetishes. The general perception in society is different though. Just something to think about, however, if somebody is a known pedophile, it's probably because they did something that made people aware of it.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Dangerous offenders   Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:20 pm

I suggest you put up flyers in the park/playground areas with a picture of the offender and the specifics of his conviction, listing the terms of his probation, address, and contact information of his probation officer. You can also provide this information to schools and parent groups. Otherwise, I advise you to let the guy live his life in peace, and to encourage others to do the same. This is a troubled individual you're dealing with, and while you should not condone his behavior, you can help him to not reoffend by taking action to prevent opportunities to do so.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Dangerous offenders   Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:30 pm

I have put up newspaper clippings on the bulletin boards around town and in the schools however there isnt any place around playgrounds where people are allowed to put up posters or flyers
Back to top Go down
Vulpo

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Dangerous offenders   Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:39 pm

Polarman wrote:
I have put up newspaper clippings on the bulletin boards around town and in the schools however there isnt any place around playgrounds where people are allowed to put up posters or flyers
Then you could try making sure that the school staff keep an eye out for these people.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Dangerous offenders   Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:44 pm

They have security cameras on all the doors of the schools

However that will not stop them from going to the Frobisher inn hotel where the swimming pool is They have cameras in the lobby of the hotel and in the dinning area however there is nothing stopping them if they decide to go to the washrooms and they just happen to meet a child in there Same with the pool and the libraryand visitor center where you dont always need a key to get into the washrooms
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Dangerous offenders   Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:53 pm

What is the minimum distance around a playgrounds a sign of any kind could be posted?

I also remember a couple of months back, some musician stood on public land just in front of one of three local gas stations that gouges people heading into the airport. The gas stations set their prices to $6.50 per gallon for those who have a rent-a-car that need their tanks refueled before being returned to the rental agencies. The normal prices at the time were $3.50 a gallon in the area, but they figured what's the harm in stabbing tourists in the eye before they left Orlando. Their prices are not posted, even though the city has ordered the stations to post their prices or face a $200 a day fine (which they make up in the first four or five cars per day)

Ehrrrm...

Anyways, the musician stood on the property line posting the station(s) prices on a large hand held sign, deterring many potential victims. The station owners threatened to have him arrested, but they didn't have a leg to stand on because he was on public property and they were violating a local law (and common sense)

They still gouge customers, but for the duration he was there, those two stations lost some serious business.

(getting to it)

Get a large hand held sign, shake the sign with the offenders name, face, address and crime(s) and stand as close to the playgrounds as possible without violating the law, wave the sign a few hours each day for a week. Parents and kids will see it and will be warned. They will in turn tell others they see in passing. Even have some xeroxed handouts to pass out just in case they feel the need to show others as well.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Dangerous offenders   Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:21 pm

I see no reason you couldn't carry the sign AT the playground. You're not posting it anywhere, right?
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Dangerous offenders   Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:57 pm

what about having faces and info printed on a t-shirt

or taped to a t-shirt?
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Dangerous offenders   Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:55 pm

Depending on the ordinances in the area, the police may get polarman for some inane and obscure soliciting law (IE, they busted an occupy protester a couple months back at mary beth park because he wrote on the sidewalk using washable crayola chalk, which is defacing)

And dressing in a t-shirt with a picture on it... Well, that would just be weird for our kind, wouldn't it? Rolling Eyes

Not to mention a t-shirt would be too small to read in passing, a sign works better.

What do you think P-man?
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Dangerous offenders   Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:25 pm

So what did you wind up deciding in this situation, Polarman?
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Dangerous offenders   Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:37 pm

Summary execution I hope Mad
Back to top Go down
hiddensparrow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Dangerous offenders   Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:21 pm

I think that these are all great ideas, guys!

If I happen to come across folks that I can get photos of (and happen to be known offenders), I will definitely consider the sign idea!

Thanks! Cool \m/

~HS. :>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Dangerous offenders   

Back to top Go down

Dealing with Dangerous offenders
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1