Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out   Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:21 am

For the record, most of us don't wear masks. It's really a personal choice either way.

A lot of RLSH have psuedo-RLSH day jobs, like cops, firefighters, paramedics, activists, etc. So it's not a massive stretch that they combine the two. It'd be a popular sensation, I don't know which team would be best for this. NYI is a little too underground to do YouTube videos regularly, and I'm not sure if any other team really has the following. The Alternates seem on the ropes, Team Justice is all over the state, Rain City Superhero Movement is pretty much toast and XJL wouldn't really have broad support unless you started getting more hits.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out   Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:12 am

patchwork wrote:
gadget i just posted that i was a freegan, only a minuet before your post, that is hilarious

im the king of lowering expenses, im patchwork

btw are those kangaroo legs in that pic? fiberglass compression model?

Sorry I missed that -- they're "poweriser advanced" model powerbocks. I'd guess the tension bow is a fiberglass composite of some sort.

Zimmer, I'm not sure any existing team would be good for this idea, although certainly many people on teams could be. You could make any of the teams suitable, but not without twisting them a little -- especially the Initiative. I know this will seem crass to a lot of people, but at least at first it would have to be very much about performance. The success of the concept as I envision it absolutely depends on an audience interested in participating.

RCSM might well do something like this first, but I'd imagine they'd take a very different approach.

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out   Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:56 pm

There's something we've been doing with the Initiative teams called the Unlimited Program. Essentially, I formed a mission training program that covers 12 missions, starting with the most basic and working up toward how-to's for breaking up fights, bait patrols, trauma emergencies, disaster relief and riot scenarios.

If the Unlimited Program were expanded to several team, each team could complete the challenge and film it. You could edit the footage of these teams together to create an episode that compares and contrasts methods and team dynamics.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out   Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:19 pm

I'm aware of it, actually. I've been hanging out with Rock N Roll and Nightbug for a while now and finally decided recently that not "officially" joining the CAI was just getting to be ridiculous. So I joined.

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out   Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:25 pm

what is the cai?
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out   Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:28 pm

Wow, glad to hear that. It's great to have you on that team, they are both fantastic.

(CAI = California Initiative, a branch of the Initiative alongside the New York Initiative and the Virginia Initiative)
Back to top Go down
patchwork

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out   Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:34 pm

i see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out   Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:11 am

Why don't you just make videos, then burn them to a CD, make a cover, and sell the CDs on the street to passers by. It seems a bit more easy than trying to get a bunch of media people in on it; get a friend that can do affects if you'd like then include it in the DVD. Not quite sure what your goal is here; is it to help inspire people, make moeny or both? Hope this helps. Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out   

Back to top Go down

Selling Out
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3