RedLight

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out   Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:30 pm

Call me simplistic, but what about just

"KNIGHTS" ...?

It's catchy enough and it can be worked into various forms of merchandise, which is what comes next.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out   Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:49 pm

It's a shame this is already taken (and for something similar): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I see good things about "Knights," but it's not very distinctive and not really searchable online.

I've also considered "Astrogoblins," "Mutant Army," and I don't know what -- a bunch of stuff.

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out   Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:23 pm

This -- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] -- which is perhaps the best thing I've seen in my life ever, makes me want to go with "Mission Force."

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out   Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:25 pm

I think this is a case-by-case decision for individuals and I would find it difficult to find fault in anyone who does this or doesn't. At the end of the day, you have to live with yourself, know your own reasons and say, "Well, I think I did the best I could do."
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out   Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:51 pm

This is more of an evolving plan than a choice I'm being presented with. I want to do this stuff full time and on a larger scale. It's not free.

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out   Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:02 am

I like the idea. I think it could work. And I think it could be used to help raise awareness to what we are trying to do in the world, and may even open an avenue of new people that would see it and want to help donate to things we are doing.
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out   Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:44 am

How about The Knights of Angels?

I like it. Nice ring to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out   Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:21 am

Eon to bad you are not in my kneck of the wood because I have some professional production equipment. If anyone in the NJ/NYC area wants to collaborate something like this pm me.
Back to top Go down
patchwork

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out   Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:50 pm

the second you sell out your no longer a member of rlsh. we don't do what we do for profit or to make money for some network. keep that in mind

Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out   Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:54 pm

I'm aware many people feel that way, I just don't agree... for a lot of reasons. I guess the biggest ones are --

- if I'm not hurting anyone, then who's business is it to condemn me, anyway?

- how is it more noble to dedicate 6 hours a week totally free of charge and then work at Burger King the rest of the time than to come up with a way to do this stuff full time?

But I'm sure there are a million other reasons I could whine about.

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out   Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:00 pm

eon i have no problem with it if it remains there.

however networks are fueled by demand. you think spike or vh1 would be ok with one of our normal everyday boring patrols?

sure if we were like auction hunters, normal people doing what we do to make a living.

but superhero stuff is only interesting if something dangerous is happening. most of our work is outreach and charity, i maybe see something interesting happen once or twice a month.

eventually producers will push for more and more danger and excitement

you see where this leads?

aside from that it doesn't matter if what your doing is right, you don't have the right to associate everyone else in the rlsh community with a network. if everyone consents that is fine.

that is the reason why selling out makes you non rlsh, only documentaries are acceptable i would say
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out   Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:09 pm

There's a statement of rights we all gave up?

But I'm not thinking about affiliating with any networks, anyways.

Lately I've been thinking of basically taking whatever vaguely interesting footage is attainable and then going back and filming scenes that lead up to it in a stereotypical cliched kind of way. The effect should be a bit comical without being totally ridiculous because of the sudden jolt of realism.

I also want to film some stuff that's very obviously just comedy... although there have been quite a few times in my life where I felt it was obvious I was kidding and people just took me seriously.

Anyhow... I haven't quite figured out what to do yet as far as all this stuff goes.

I do feel that people have the right to earn money however they want that isn't murder, robbery, etc though.

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out   Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:18 pm

a youtube series of our cause would be sensational. i love the idea, and think its brilliant.

just know that i will have nothing to do with a networked rlsh. not unless i have no other option
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out   Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:19 pm

Noted. Razz

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out   Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:23 pm

I've said this so many times now I've begun saying it my sleep. No one owns the RLSH concept. No one can tell any one else what they can and can not do with it. There is no standard RLSH, no agreed upon rules, no profit limits, or direction that can't be taken. Eon, if you can manage to make a decent living while being an RLSH, God, Allah, Buddha, and Stan Lee be with you. If you create a show that is a huge hit and you have to create your own super villain to make it interesting, awesome. I will absolutely leach off your success to help my own causes.

Patchwork, if you're more worried about your rep and how anti-establishment you appear than you are about how many people you can help, I suggest you sell your house and car, put on a potato sack for a costume, start dumpster diving for your daily bread, and start devoting 24 hours a day every day to being an on duty RLSh because if you don't and instead you are spending some of your resources on yourself, you are technically, selling out anyway.
Back to top Go down
patchwork

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out   Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:27 pm

gadgetastic, i get you point, but you forget our purpose.

if it was simply about helping people as much as possible then why would we wear masks?

we are here to make role models, to show that one entity can do so much good.

if you make a mockery of the appearance of that entity then you ruin every rlsh's work

are you willing to risk that?
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out   Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:31 pm

Gadgetastic! wrote:
...start dumpster diving for your daily bread...

It's actually called "freeganism." Razz

I've done a lot of research into how to lower expenses, too.

Patchwork, I basically do this because I like doing this. I could break into buildings and steal diamonds and that would be fun also... but it'd be wrong and stuff.

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out   Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:33 pm

patchwork wrote:

if you make a mockery of the appearance of that entity then you ruin every rlsh's work

are you willing to risk that?
Some people would be willing to risk that, and if they did, there'd be nothing anyone could do about it, so it's best not to get up in arms about it anyway.
Back to top Go down
patchwork

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out   Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:34 pm

gadget i just posted that i was a freegan, only a minuet before your post, that is hilarious

im the king of lowering expenses, im patchwork

btw are those kangaroo legs in that pic? fiberglass compression model?
Back to top Go down
patchwork

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out   Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:35 pm

yea helix i know, i just have a way of stepping out and looking at the bigger picture of the big picture, i may be one of the youngest hero's but i like to think im very mature
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out   Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:39 pm

You don't have to be super serious about it all the time -- it doesn't make people think this is ridiculous to have fun with it. Quite the contrary, actually.

What comes across as ridiculous to people is acting deadly serious and being obviously not well-prepared or delusional.

IMO, anyway.

There's definitely room for a variety of approaches.

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out   Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:42 pm

i know i'm often way to serious, please keep in mind that i have never met another rlsh. i'm on my own little island.

have patience with me
Back to top Go down
RedLight

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out   Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:33 pm

I've only met one, myself. It's tough doing this alone, but we play the hand we're dealt I guess. I'm working on future meetings. I learned a lot!!!
Back to top Go down
Gadgetastic!

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out   Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:03 pm

Trying to get a gathering of gadgeteers, team techs, and mad scientists together but as is often the case with RLSh and related characters, travel expenses are a major stumbling block.
Back to top Go down
patchwork

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out   Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:08 pm

do i count as a gadgeteer?

and i would love meeting other gadgeteers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out