Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Podcasts You Should Check Out   Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:27 am

Podcasts You Should All Check Out

The Survival Podcast
-Deliciously right wing nutjob talks about food storage, nuclear bomb shelters, survival medicine, farming, guns, and interviews a lot of interesting people. My new favorite thing.

TED Talks
-Geniuses of the world unite with 3-17 minutes presentations that will blow your mind. Topics include technology, human rights, infrastructure, innovation, amazing accomplishments and more. Been my favorite since I was a teenager.

Medic Cast
-EMT, paramedic and nursing knowledge. Goes over A LOT of information and has helped Knight Owl and I pass our classes and save people's lives like badasses.

We're Alive
-Fictional, very excellently produced zombie survival story well into it's second season. Very addictive.

Stuff You Should Know
-Like the title, very random topics, all interesting, from snipers to hypnosis to vampires to the law of the sea. Great for ADHD learners who want to know everything about everything.

The History of Rome
-Also self-explanitory, this is an in-depth, blow-by-blow history of fascinating events of Rome's 2000 year history. Sophisticated and practical.

Batman: The Ace of Detectives
-Fictional audio drama about friggin' Batman. It's award winning and you're a nerd so check it out.

Survival Spanish
-Many, many episodes covering various scenarios like hospitals or talking with police or emergency medicine, and the phrases in Spanish you should know to handle these situations. Muy bien and shit.

Also, all of this shit is fucking free, and you can listen to these on the computer you're on right now or a media player like iPod or your phone. So if you're ignorant, it's basically all your fault and I judge you harshly for it. If you have suggestions, I'm always up for new sources of delectable information to consume like a terrible hoard of locusts. THAT IS ALL.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Podcasts You Should Check Out   Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:12 am

Here are a few more free things... anyone can search on these sites to find stuff of particular interest to them individually:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Digital library of free books, movies, music, etc. What I like this site for is old stuff that's entered into the public domain, especially audio files (i.e. the "Old Time Radio" section: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )

And the Gutenberg Project, which is digitizing every book they can legally get the rights to (or that's in the public domain): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I like this site particularly for cookbooks.

And the Librivox project where volunteers record audio books of similar material (good for long drives): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There are a lot of useless things on the sites above, but also a lot of gems. It depends on what you're looking for and your ability to find it. Personally I very much prefer the tone of old "how to" books because they tend to be very matter of fact... as long as the dated information isn't an issue (depends on the topic, obviously).

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Podcasts You Should Check Out   Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:31 am

Thanks for those suggestions Zimmer.
I'll definitely be checking some of them out, once I find them on Google.
Back to top Go down
Bridges

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Podcasts You Should Check Out   Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:40 pm

Nice, something to do on the bus besides read and get motion sickness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Podcasts You Should Check Out   

Back to top Go down

Podcasts You Should Check Out
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1