Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

...any situations that appear repeatedly...?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: ...any situations that appear repeatedly...?   Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:03 am

Being a bouncer is a good way to test your skills.

I know most bouncers in this area from the gyms.

Mee likey spar wit bouncers.

Them don't like to hold back and them get tested often

I got tired of stuff in class and wanted to see how biga persona coulda knock downa

Football players don't necessarily study fighting
but bouncers do
Back to top Go down
Psyphon

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: ...any situations that appear repeatedly...?   Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:14 am

I agree, but I find that you are forced into having to resort to more damaging techniques when sparring against people that are significantly bigger than you. I've had my fair share or matches against the other guys that I used to work with (and most of them were REALLY big guys and outweighed me by at least 80-90 lbs.), but I always ended up having to go for soft tissue, nerves, or joints to really put them down.

Not that damage can't be done plenty of other ways, but remember with my endurance I'm on like a 2-3 min timer at best so I gotta "end it fast". The problem is that the "end it fast" method with guys that size usually ends up in heavier injury and it takes a lot of control to keep it from becoming permanent injury.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ...any situations that appear repeatedly...?   Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:21 am

Psyphon wrote:
I agree, but I find that you are forced into having to resort to more damaging techniques when sparring against people that are significantly bigger than you. I've had my fair share or matches against the other guys that I used to work with (and most of them were REALLY big guys and outweighed me by at least 80-90 lbs.), but I always end up having to go for soft tissue, nerves, or joints to really put them down.

Not that damage can't be done plenty of other ways, but remember with my endurance I'm on like a 2-3 min timer at best so I gotta "end it fast". The problem is that the "end it fast method with guys that size usually ends up in heavier injury and it takes a lot of control to keep it from becoming permanent injury.

hmmm agreed.

Since the whole way that I fight is different, with gigantic guys,
i HAVE to be really slipperly and keep moving until they are winded and their arms go down.

THEN, oh, THEN, the sleeper is open.

I like a ridge hand that comes up and turns over
and to always remember that tall guys are NEVER far away enough for safety.

I do find that, no matter how big a guy is, his thumbs aren't but guys will grab me differently than they would grab you.

I know powerlifter who was in two, different armies.

his thumbs are hell but his cardio is 1 minute limit

ha ha to him
Back to top Go down
Psyphon

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: ...any situations that appear repeatedly...?   Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:53 pm

saw you talking in chinese in a diff thread flora. ni de zhong wen hao bu hao? wo shi zhong wen xuesheng danshi wo de zhong wen bu tai hao.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ...any situations that appear repeatedly...?   Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:26 pm

Wo di airen haishi Kong Jun Ren. Women xueshi Zhongwun zia Jia Jou.

Wo shwo buhao de Zhongwun!
tee hee

Wo ke nug shwo:

"czi zou zai nar?"

"Shenma chian gun wayshenma?"

"Qing ni gay wo i bay bing sway"
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ...any situations that appear repeatedly...?   Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:28 pm

I see that men usually have to deal with
* smack talk
* shoving
* sucker punches

I see that women usually have to deal with
* wrist grabs
* waist grabs
* purse and/or jewelry grabs
* slow, progressive movement toward a dark corner or car
Back to top Go down
Psyphon

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: ...any situations that appear repeatedly...?   Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:41 pm

hen hao

LOL. Your pinyin is terrible but your chinese is pretty good. Not that mine is great in any way shape or form Razz

Anyhow, I'd probably add wild haymakers, and headlocks to the guy category. I'd also add shoulder grabs and bear hugs to the girl side of things.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ...any situations that appear repeatedly...?   Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:59 pm

Hao de additions!

Hun Hao!

I've seen different versions of pin yin.
"tsu" vs. "shi"...that sort of thing.

I need practice!
Do you have someone to practice with?
Back to top Go down
Psyphon

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: ...any situations that appear repeatedly...?   Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:26 pm

I'm learning Chinese in college, and I have lots of Chinese friends. I only get to see my friends for the "real" practice every now and then though. Last time I went over they made me speak in Chinese for 2-3 hours while I was there and wouldn't let me speak in English. I was like 2-3 hours of conversation about stuff you'd read about in a 4 year old's book.

"this is jane"
"this is john"
"this is spot"
"see spot run"
"run spot run"

wish I could get more consistent practice though. I'm in between semesters right now so I don't get my class time to practice for another few months. been mostly studying alone and doing Rosetta Stone.

should have made a new thread for this topic though ...... hehehe ..... back to common situations for combat.

I'd say the most common situation to get into if your trained is to hold back so not to hurt anyone, and get hurt (at least more than you would have) in the process. Trying to control situations has a tendency to get the agitator in the situation really mad at you, and once that happens you could very well face a situation when someone is going all out on you, but you can't go all out on them. makes you have to think a lot more while you're fighting.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ...any situations that appear repeatedly...?   Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:31 pm

[quote="

I'd say the most common situation to get into if your trained is to hold back so not to hurt anyone, and get hurt (at least more than you would have) in the process. Trying to control situations has a tendency to get the agitator in the situation really mad at you, and once that happens you could very well face a situation when someone is going all out on you, but you can't go all out on them. makes you have to think a lot more while you're fighting.[/quote]

ah, yes. This is what us ladies learn early - do not make him madder!
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ...any situations that appear repeatedly...?   Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:29 pm

Please dont make me angry You wouldnt like me when Im angry
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ...any situations that appear repeatedly...?   Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:35 pm

Polarman wrote:
Please dont make me angry You wouldnt like me when Im angry

waa haa! Shovel fu!
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: ...any situations that appear repeatedly...?   Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:34 pm

The danger of sparring is that you'll get in the bad habit of holding back and using forgiving strikes.

The danger of not sparring is that you won't be able to manipulate distance and pacing in a real fight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ...any situations that appear repeatedly...?   Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:53 pm

Invest in sufficient protective gear, and there's no reason to hold back.
Back to top Go down
Paladin

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ...any situations that appear repeatedly...?   Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:15 am

What Nem said.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ...any situations that appear repeatedly...?   Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:21 am

welp, you'll need one of those muggy-victim-practice full-body things
that that use for "Model Mugger"
cuz there ain't much that will stop a knee-snap
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ...any situations that appear repeatedly...?   Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:01 pm

Like I said, invest. There's no reason we can't get full contact full body protection. Especially teams.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ...any situations that appear repeatedly...?   Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:09 pm

What will you buy for a hellish light, right in the eyes?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ...any situations that appear repeatedly...?   

Back to top Go down

...any situations that appear repeatedly...?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Training & Preparation-
Jump to: