Company Offering Pro Bono RLSH Support

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Krystalline

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Company Offering Pro Bono RLSH Support   Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:49 pm

A few days ago I was approached on facebook with a friends request offering an interesting offer. It took me a few days to get back to him (honestly, I forgot that it was in my inbox), and I thought that I might pass this offer on to see who is interested in contacting Mr. William Pattison of BRASS and Silicon Valley Oracles's offer before I pointed them towards contacting other RLSH.

Here is the conversation so far:

Quote :

Quote :
Tuesday
Wi Pattison
Saw u on twitter. interested in your "oracle" work. i'm expanding my research firm to do charitable oracle work for rlsh & wanted to touch base. Silicon Valley Oracles on MeetUp, BrassServices on Facebook and Twitter.

Quote :
2 hours agoKrystalline Serving Change
What exactly are you interested in?

Quote :
6 minutes ago
Wi Pattison
We are working toward establishing a local group on the West Coast in the San Francisco Bay Area and I noticed your Twitter profile mentioned Oracle work.

Since our focus is on providing backup and support to the RLSH community, we were interested to see if your "Oracle" efforts were in the "Birds of Prey" vein.

We are holding free seminars for RLSH supporters to learn how to professionally research public records in order to be effective crime fighters by solving crimes both new and cold case. Plus, we'd like to offer crime statistic tracking, emergency dispatch and remote field support as we progress. Finally, finding methods for funding forensic testing for RLSH community members would be a goal too. Most of this will come over time. We do professional research and investigations now in our business, and want to give back to the community by helping RLSH with their research needs, whether in free training or in charitable research for those not apt to do it themselves.

Your feedback and experience is quite welcome. If you do have Oracle services, then we'd love to find a way to partner our efforts with yours.

Thanks for letting me chew your ear.

Sincerely

William Pattison of BRASS and Silicon Valley Oracles

Quote :
2 seconds ago
Krystalline Serving Change
Yes, my oracle work is in the Birds of Prey type of oracle work. I took up this position after overlooking the New York Initiative's advise on how to create a properly functioning RLSH team.

As of right now the majority of my work has been focused upon looking up state laws in regards to RLSH work (gun laws, stun gun laws, body armor laws, citizen arrest laws, and the like) on a one-on-one basis with a few RLSH across the country as well as help with a Wikipedia currently being worked on to give RLSH a sort of how-to on RLSH work, as well as provide internet resources that could prove invaluable to their current goals as a RLSH.

Your company sounds as if it could be an invaluable resource to RLSH work, allow me to get in touch with some of my fellow RLSH letting them know about your services to see if they are interested before I pass you onto their profiles and web pages.

Sincerely,
Krystalline

To be honest, I'm a bit skeptical about all of this. I hope that he's being honest and that his intentions are true to his word because I think it could be a big help in Oracle work. What does everyone else think about this? I could really use the feedback before I communicate anymore with Mr. Pattison.

P.S. Turns out Twitter is useful for something! (I kid, I kid....)
Back to top Go down
Equal

PostSubject: Re: Company Offering Pro Bono RLSH Support   Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:07 pm

I'd ceck everythin acessable on this guy. Could as well be a prank.
Back to top Go down
Krystalline

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Company Offering Pro Bono RLSH Support   Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:56 pm

I'm going to do that ASAP, for now he's gotten back to me with a response.

Quote :

30 minutes ago
Wi Pattison

Very cool stuff that you do. An emergent movement needs support from the people in order to manifest successful community.

My "cadre" of associates started our "Business Research and Abstract Services" LLC back in 1999. One of us is a published author who works in the real estate research and process service field (me). My friend and business partner Shane is a genealogist and landsman with almost 30 years in searching title records. We have a few less "day-to-day business"-active shareholders who support us but go to jobs of their own.

I was thinking about the charity research as a sub-group of our firm "BRASS" as above, but I think that we could spin it off as a nonprofit, given the emergent interest in RLSH activity that's occurring globally. We were thinking about a table at an upcoming ComicCon or other "Left Coast" nerd fest (lol, we're sooooo being self-descriptive here).

We know Jordan Moeller whose uniformed persona is "The Eye" of Mountain View. He is a licensed private investigator in his civilian life whom we've worked with in both capacities. I'm actually meeting him next week for a movie and some face time. I put him on my BlogTalk radio show on horror on occasion when I need a guest.

Anyway, I keep jabbering at ya since we're just constantly jazzed about RLSH stuff. Thank you so much for doing what you do for the RLSH community. We're (you and I) are probably both in it for the long haul and might not get a lot of accolades as we are the proverbial "pit crew" but I know our efforts will help the movement be productive and professional through our determination.

Best regards and if you ever need anything, let us know. Love your FaceBook profile. BTW, we are super supporters of LGBTT rights...Californians really slit their own fiscal throats by passing Prop 8 out here. Oh, BTW again, your legal look-up stuff is excellent. The variations on civil statutes from state to state, and understanding the underlying principles of law is critical to the Rights of Citizens. Vigilance is the eternal price for freedom, after all; and who's more vigilant than a uniformed vigilante? lol (but true).

-William Pattison

He says he knows The Eye, and if he could give a comment on here or give accreditation to Mr. Pattinson's status in this company, as well as his work with him, that would be fantastic.
Back to top Go down
TheGrim

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Company Offering Pro Bono RLSH Support   Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:56 pm

I am generally a trusting person.... that being said, I would ask for as many specifics as I can. Like where he got his training, how long he has trained, hell, even ask for the name of a couple colleagues u could contact. You don't have to actually contact them....

Basically, just feel it out for yourself. If you can, setup a phone conversation. It's much easier to tell how genuine someone is by their voice.
Back to top Go down
Equal

PostSubject: Re: Company Offering Pro Bono RLSH Support   Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:00 pm

Dogman wrote:
I'd ceck everythin acessable on this guy. Could as well be a prank.
Thinking about it, don't a spell check wouldn't hurt either Razz
Back to top Go down
Krystalline

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Company Offering Pro Bono RLSH Support   Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:01 pm

Krystalline wrote:
I'm going to do that ASAP, for now he's gotten back to me with a response.

Quote :

30 minutes ago
Wi Pattison

Very cool stuff that you do. An emergent movement needs support from the people in order to manifest successful community.

My "cadre" of associates started our "Business Research and Abstract Services" LLC back in 1999. One of us is a published author who works in the real estate research and process service field (me). My friend and business partner Shane is a genealogist and landsman with almost 30 years in searching title records. We have a few less "day-to-day business"-active shareholders who support us but go to jobs of their own.

I was thinking about the charity research as a sub-group of our firm "BRASS" as above, but I think that we could spin it off as a nonprofit, given the emergent interest in RLSH activity that's occurring globally. We were thinking about a table at an upcoming ComicCon or other "Left Coast" nerd fest (lol, we're sooooo being self-descriptive here).

We know Jordan Moeller whose uniformed persona is "The Eye" of Mountain View. He is a licensed private investigator in his civilian life whom we've worked with in both capacities. I'm actually meeting him next week for a movie and some face time. I put him on my BlogTalk radio show on horror on occasion when I need a guest.

Anyway, I keep jabbering at ya since we're just constantly jazzed about RLSH stuff. Thank you so much for doing what you do for the RLSH community. We're (you and I) are probably both in it for the long haul and might not get a lot of accolades as we are the proverbial "pit crew" but I know our efforts will help the movement be productive and professional through our determination.

Best regards and if you ever need anything, let us know. Love your FaceBook profile. BTW, we are super supporters of LGBTT rights...Californians really slit their own fiscal throats by passing Prop 8 out here. Oh, BTW again, your legal look-up stuff is excellent. The variations on civil statutes from state to state, and understanding the underlying principles of law is critical to the Rights of Citizens. Vigilance is the eternal price for freedom, after all; and who's more vigilant than a uniformed vigilante? lol (but true).

-William Pattison

He says he knows The Eye, and if he could give a comment on here or give accreditation to Mr. Pattinson's status in this company, as well as his work with him, that would be fantastic.

P.S. I've sent The Eye a message on facebook asking him to confirm what Mr. Pattinson has said.
Back to top Go down
Krystalline

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Company Offering Pro Bono RLSH Support   Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:45 pm

Alright, The Eye has gotten back to me (rather quickly, I was quite impressed), and he told me this:

Quote :
3 minutes ago
TheEye Crimefighter
No problem. Yes, Bill is a friend of mine, who I met through BRASS's desire to have me co-teach a class on real life crime fighting, in conjunction with their own services, which are considerable. Title searches, property records, skip traces for missing persons or parole violaters, those guys do it all, and I highly recommend them.

The rest of the conversation is as follows:

Quote :

Quote :
Krystalline Serving Change
Alright, thank you, it was very helpful getting your feedback on this. I'll look into this some more before I make a final decision.

Quote :
2 seconds ago
TheEye Crimefighter
Good deal. The funny thing is that the whole class thing never panned out, because it was the brainchild of Bill's biz partner in BRASS, Shane Moeller, but the cool thing is I got a new best friend out of it. Bill himself!

Quote :
2 seconds agoKrystalline Serving Change
Well that's good to hear, making friends is always a positive thing, and it certainly seems as if this has turned into a positive experience for you both. I'm thinking about pointing Bill in the direction of the California Initiative as well as the Xtreme Justice League, but I'm going to run his idea past them first before anything goes further. However, I think that if this all works out it could be an invaluable learning experience for everyone involved, as well as a fantastic opportunity to advance the oracle field and what it can offer the RLSH community at large.

So far Mr. Pattinson seems to be checking out rather well. I'm going to look into his company, and if it checks out then I'm going to pass this information onto the XJL and the CAI (California Initiative).
Back to top Go down
Equal

PostSubject: Re: Company Offering Pro Bono RLSH Support   Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:51 pm

CAI?
Back to top Go down
Krystalline

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Company Offering Pro Bono RLSH Support   Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:53 pm

Dogman wrote:
CAI?

Nightbug and Rock'N'Roll X-Alt have formed a new section of the New York Initiative in California, called the California Initiative. I would get in touch with the Nor-Cal Protectorate, but I have no reliable form of communication with which to contact them. I never see them active on facebook.
Back to top Go down
Krystalline

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Company Offering Pro Bono RLSH Support   Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:25 pm

I've found his [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as well as his [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], however, I am much too tired to go into investigating this tonight. I'll get around to it in the morning before Orientation Training.

I've messaged him on facebook asking for his credentials, as well as that of his associate that he mentioned above, and hopefully he will get back to me by tomorrow. I will do my best to get through this information in a timely manner, and make a phone call with him at a time that is convenient for both of us.
Back to top Go down
Krystalline

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Company Offering Pro Bono RLSH Support   Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:11 am

New response from Mr. Pattison. This is getting kind of iffy down towards the bottom. I can understand him wanting people to contact him out of uniform, but I don't think he understands the legality which allows us to do this in costume. Also, I suspect he might think we're vigilantes, which, of course, isn't the case. I'm honestly not sure how to respond to him to go into the "I prefer that RLSHers contact us in their civilian identities rather than uniformed profiles" bit. Any advice?

Quote :
Not sure what else to tell you beyond my past message.

I am William Charles Pattison. I am published under the pen name of Eric Morse with my main claim to fame of being the writer of young adult fiction novels of the "Friday the 13th" series over a decade ago, so not a lot of recent stuff, other than some self-published sci-fi. I live in San Mateo, California in the county of the same name between Silicon Valley and San Francisco. I have a house that I own with my sisters; we inherited it from our parents. Business Research and Abstract Services ("BRASS") started as a partnership in 1999 and we registered as a Nevada LLC two years later. Before that, between books, I managed a local Century movie theater and ran a hot dog cart that I co-owned in front of the county courthouse (just after the Scott Peterson trial, we purchased it jointly). My business partner Shane is the driving force behind our research with his 28-plus years in the title insurance and genealogy research fields. He got us
together, made me a CEO and proceeded to teach me research. His wife still works in the title insurance firms and is a great help with the research. Our friend Clancy is a shareholder who is our tech guru and one of the worlds' top ranked Rubik's Cubers (like 15th, I think). Another Shane works on the other side of the Bay in Alameda County for a filing and recording firm in public records. Another partner, Dave, is mostly retired but has helped in research in the past. Yet another shareholder / partner is Bob who is in banking in Contra Costa County, just a bit further across the Bay. A new partner, the first Shane's brother in law, Patrick, is with us 2 years and running a subsidiary in records research of his own.

We're all sci-fi / comic geeks... actually, some anime / fantasy in the mix as well.

We've worked hard to get and maintain credentials in journalism, genealogy, process serving, and more. We've helped private investigation work through licensed investigators like Jordan who is an RLSHer locally that I mentioned in my last email, as well as non-RLSH PI's, audit / accounting firms, city agencies, law firms, paralegal service, title companies and more. I sometimes travel about Northern California for research. Online radio / blogtalk radio as noted before. Comic conventions and such. Was just on Google Plus friending people for the past few hours, or I woulda gotten back to ya sooner. lol

My direct email is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] since I check it all the time. Google for the same works too.

We're still setting up stuff for the RLSHers. I prefer that RLSHers contact us in their civilian identities rather than uniformed profiles because I NEVER want to be compelled by court subpeona to testify against them. Actually, I've looked into a few things and since we keep journalist credentials and publish info too, I'd certainly defend such refusal to testify as newman privilege. Also got my crew ministry credentials in case we need to fall back on other protectins against compelled testimony too, but nothing is better than the anonymity of "we didn't know he or she was a masked crime fighter....what a shock".

I hope that this is what you were looking for from me. If not, let me know. Our LLC is online at the Fictitious Business Names filings in San Mateo County, Calif, and the LLC filings at the Nevada State Secretary of State Office, so you can verify that much easily.

William Charles Pattison
Back to top Go down
Krystalline

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Company Offering Pro Bono RLSH Support   Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:18 am

I searched for the company through the San Mateo County Clerk, and got back the information that both Mr. Pattison and Mr. Colby do have a business named "Business Research and Abstract Services ("BRASS")" filed with the clerk.

When I searched for them in Nevada [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is what I got.

Their business shows up as being listed with the clerks, The Eye vouches for him, and he seems honest with his intentions, but I'm not sure if I should trust him yet or not.

I just don't want anyone to have to give civilian emails or anything to this man when we can legally give him our aliases.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Company Offering Pro Bono RLSH Support   Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:52 pm

I suspect he's legit -- he just seems to have an outsider's perspective. If anything serious got going, I'd propose some alternate scheme for plausible deniability, which is what he seems to think contact via civilian identities would achieve.

Also it's worth noting that for all the things being discussed, all he actually seems to be offering to start is info you could get from a basic book on how to be a PI. Nobody is going to be subpoenaed for that.

Referring him to the CAI is probably a good idea based on his location.

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Company Offering Pro Bono RLSH Support   Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:48 pm

Guah? Cool.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SkyMan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Company Offering Pro Bono RLSH Support   Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:58 pm

Very cool.
Back to top Go down
The Reverend

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Company Offering Pro Bono RLSH Support   Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:22 pm

Krys if you wanna get in touch with the nor cal pro message motor mouth here . He's busy and dosent post muh but he checks in and will message you back . He's a pretty solid guy
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Company Offering Pro Bono RLSH Support   Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:32 pm

He says he has journalist credentials and ministerial cred as well, which would preserve the privacy of those who deal with him. Im not certain that would hold water in this case. An investigation would reveal this connection, and probably this very forum thread, and any charade of privilege would fly out the window. I don't doubt his sincerity, but unless he has a law degree as well I wouldn't count too heavily on his legal opinion. If he's not acting in his journalistic or ministerial capacity, there is no privilege. It'd be very easy to prove he is not.
Back to top Go down
The Reverend

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Company Offering Pro Bono RLSH Support   Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:03 pm

Very few people who claim ministeral cred are lying . Those who do have a special place in hell
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Company Offering Pro Bono RLSH Support   Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:58 pm

I don't doubt his credentials, Reverend, only whether it'd provide any actual legal protection. If he's not operating in either his journalistic or ministerial capacity, privilege will not be granted if it can be proven in court. Providing crime statistics is not ministering, and if it can be shown that the data was used to then patrol, which resulted in serious injury or death of another, it would put the kibosh on the journalistic privilege as well.
Back to top Go down
Crossfire the Crusader

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Company Offering Pro Bono RLSH Support   Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:11 am

The Reverend wrote:
Very few people who claim ministeral cred are lying . Those who do have a special place in hell

Booth 17 in the 7th level Denny's...and the waitress wont stop and refill your water.

Who are you? I've never heard of you nor have I been given reason to take you seriously, I'm sure lots of people share my opinion on this matter. Which is why you got your initial response, if you had made an introduction thread or at least made of point of saying who you are you probably would've been received better. (Sleepless)

Sometimes you cant win by fighting the negative, but you can turn the tide by strengthening the positive

SUPERHERO ACADEMY ON BLOG TALK RADIO - returning soon - times TBA - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Proteus

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Company Offering Pro Bono RLSH Support   Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:19 am

Crossfire the Crusader wrote:
The Reverend wrote:

Booth 17 in the 7th level Denny's...and the waitress wont stop and refill your water.

And the only thing on the menu is "Moons Over My Hammy"
Back to top Go down
Krystalline

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Company Offering Pro Bono RLSH Support   Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:09 pm

First of all: Crossfire and Proteus, you amuse the livin' daylights outta me.

Second of all, I will put him in contact with the CAI and message Motor Mouth on here, and they can deal with his idea of how to contact him on a separate one-on-one basis. I'll let him know that I've suggested they get in contact with him.

Third of all: Thank you all for your input on this. I wasn't quite sure how to approach it.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Company Offering Pro Bono RLSH Support   Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:09 pm

If ministerial credentials provide protection of some sort, you should all go to the Universal Life church web site and click on "ordain me."

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Company Offering Pro Bono RLSH Support   Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:51 pm

Awesome. I'm more interested about what they plan to offer than what they currently do, particularly the forensics stuff, but either way it looks like it's worth pursuing. Once things settle down more on my end, I'd love to work with them more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Company Offering Pro Bono RLSH Support   

Back to top Go down

Company Offering Pro Bono RLSH Support
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1