Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Knight Owls RLSH-Manual website for New Persons.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Knight Owls RLSH-Manual website for New Persons.   Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:40 pm

Newer persons: If you haven't seen the site go read it please.
It covers many topics a new/newer RLSH should know including handling police, self defense, first aid, and many other topics.

After getting KO's permission to share it in a convenient non-web form I pulled it onto a .rtf file and kindled it (it's a rough kindle with no links or booksmarks but is complete).
This will make it easier to access and even print off when web access is a no go.

Read it, know it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Knight Owls RLSH-Manual website for New Persons.   Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:10 am

The only problem I had with this is the advice on surrendering a weapon to police. The author advises to tell the officer you intend to surrender a weapon before drawing it. Never draw a weapon even in this instance. Instead tell the officer you have a weapon and where it is located, then do not move other than when and how he directs you.
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Knight Owls RLSH-Manual website for New Persons.   Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:32 pm

Yes, number six on How to Avoid Getting Shot by a Police Officer.

Did you contact KO about this Gauge to talk about it?
He can do revisions if he is swayed.

And I would agree that it's better to let the officer handle the weapon.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Knight Owls RLSH-Manual website for New Persons.   Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:44 pm

Yes, I can guarantee you an officer will not ask you to draw a weapon during a stop. If you have your concealed license, just immediately tell the officer that you have it and are currently armed. You don't want to keep that info from the officer and have him find it when he searches you, because he will never believe you weren't upto trouble after that. He will do all the handling of the weapon until he decides/determines you are not a criminal, at which point he should return your weapon to you. Expect backup to arrive as well. You may have to explain yourself several times, so they can see if your story changes.

Also, I haven't contacted KO in regard to this. I'll do that now, thanks for that.
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Knight Owls RLSH-Manual website for New Persons.   Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:24 pm

No prob Guage.
I've been concerned over a lot of the younger kids who have never dealt with any situations presented on many patrols (I"ll admit, I don't have a lot of dealings with the cops just a few encounters including a near tazing on my part) and the reason I put this back up is the fact it's one of the only real guides to doing this stuff that the kids can get their hands on. The Night Rider stuff is intersting but KO's is more relevant and useful in real situations out there. Some of it can be refined, evolving just like everything we do.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Knight Owls RLSH-Manual website for New Persons.   Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:00 pm

How do I get a copy of this book?
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Knight Owls RLSH-Manual website for New Persons.   Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:09 pm

It's a website and I put it into an rtf file, not a book.
See the first post Polarman.

Back to top Go down
Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Knight Owls RLSH-Manual website for New Persons.   Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:11 pm

Ok Sorry about that By the way I am sharing a video you might like on your facebook along with a photo albumMaybe Knightowl can use some of this stuff as reference for dealing with the public
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Knight Owls RLSH-Manual website for New Persons.   Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:17 pm

Midnite Detective wrote:

the majority of the manual is copy and paste.

i found that article online, and reposted. the general reason for the site itself was to compile relavant material, not reinvent the wheel. but yes, now that i have taken concealed carry weapons course, i would approach this slightly differently
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Knight Owls RLSH-Manual website for New Persons.   Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:23 pm

I dont carry any weapons but what about instead of removing just the gun or whatever you let them know you are removing the holdster without opening it
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Knight Owls RLSH-Manual website for New Persons.   Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:29 pm

knight owl wrote:
Midnite Detective wrote:

the majority of the manual is copy and paste.

i found that article online, and reposted. the general reason for the site itself was to compile relavant material, not reinvent the wheel. but yes, now that i have taken concealed carry weapons course, i would approach this slightly differently

How about working on some revisions when you have time?
I'd be willing to help, I'm an editing machine, and a number of others would no doubt throw in to help.
It's your baby, and it's a worthy project.
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Knight Owls RLSH-Manual website for New Persons.   Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:38 pm

Polarman wrote:
Ok Sorry about that By the way I am sharing a video you might like on your facebook along with a photo albumMaybe Knightowl can use some of this stuff as reference for dealing with the public

No prob Polarman, I miss stuff on here all the time.
I'll check out that vid, thanks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Knight Owls RLSH-Manual website for New Persons.   Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:43 pm

If you want to Ill start a Thread in the lounge and you can post it there for everyone here to see
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Knight Owls RLSH-Manual website for New Persons.   Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:01 pm

Polarman wrote:
If you want to Ill start a Thread in the lounge and you can post it there for everyone here to see
Go for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Knight Owls RLSH-Manual website for New Persons.   Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:59 pm

realistically, any revisions will have to happen when i'm out school. my finals are on the 23rd.

we'll see.

as always, i do consider submissions if anybody had something practical or philosphical related.
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Knight Owls RLSH-Manual website for New Persons.   Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:18 pm

cool.
I had wondered how the paramedic-ing was coming. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Knight Owls RLSH-Manual website for New Persons.   Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:40 pm

stressful. pale
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Knight Owls RLSH-Manual website for New Persons.   Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:05 pm

Polarman, reaching for anything other than the sky is inadvisable if an officer has drawn on you. The officer will be in a very high state of stress. Telling him you have a weapon is going to make him very tense, because he will eventually have to approach you, and this is when most assaults on officers happen. Let him be in total control of your actions.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Knight Owls RLSH-Manual website for New Persons.   Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:37 pm

Ok Understood Iforgot that my belt snap was on my back while the pockets were in front

Only time Ive had a gun drawn on me was because of the idiot shooting over the heads of the kids in the playground and it wasnt the cops who pointed it at me
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Knight Owls RLSH-Manual website for New Persons.   Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:44 pm

We just had a situation here in Portland where an innocent man was shot in the leg while sitting in his apartment. Some gang bangers were shooting at eachother amidst amplayground full of kids. Just sick. This was just yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Knight Owls RLSH-Manual website for New Persons.   Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:13 pm

I hope the kids are ok
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Knight Owls RLSH-Manual website for New Persons.   Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:02 pm

All the kids were fine, just scared. The only injury was the man in his apartment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Knight Owls RLSH-Manual website for New Persons.   

Back to top Go down

Knight Owls RLSH-Manual website for New Persons.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1