Army PRT

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Army PRT   Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:25 pm

For your consideration: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The army's new approach to fitness appears pretty sound, but it's making most of my mornings really annoying because they took perfectly good exercises, like exploding star jumps, three point push-ups, etc and gave them stupid new names, insisted they have to be performed in very specific sequences (that are far too long to memorize and completely arbitrary), and involve coming to the position of attention between each exercise... hassling you about whether your palms are oriented this way or that way... a bunch of really really dumb stuff.

But from the outside looking in, if you do some of these exercises a little more casually maybe you'll enjoy them and get something out of it.

Anyway... I really personally want to throw the guy who designed this stuff -- in this particularly anal retentive way -- off a rooftop. Army exercise has zero fun left in it.

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Army PRT   Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:33 pm

Example...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They have precise and specific instructions for HOW TO LAY DOWN. #$@&^&&^$$%^#$^&^&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, this is the more useful stuff... if, like I said, you disregard the depressing "necessity" of angling your hands in precisely the correct way before you jump up and stuff like that:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Army PRT   Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:41 pm

Lmao, that picture of the guy lying down is the funniest thing ever...until you see the picture showing you how to use your hands if you can't do it without em.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Army PRT   Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:24 pm

The exercises are okay and designed to prevent injury.

I'm just really frustrated with how explicit the instructions are. Instead of worrying about exercising as we try to implement this we're worrying about whether or not some stupidly detailed procedure was followed precisely to the letter and in perfect sequential order... and I already automatically feel extremely pissed off when stuff is done "by the numbers" in the first place... (STARTING POSITION... MOVE. IN CADENCE... EXERCISE... 1... 2... 3... 1... 2... 3...) Bah.

But, anyway, like I said the exercises are okay. Exploding star jumps, 8-count pushups, animal crawls, and shoulder rolls are especially good ones and easy to do with no equipment.

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Army PRT   Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:33 pm

Here... there are hilariously robotic demonstrations on YT, as well.

Sadly I actually have to learn this stuff. Sad

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Army PRT   Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:16 pm

Thanks for posting! My own exercises have gone to the wayside. I need to do more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Army PRT   

Back to top Go down

Army PRT
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1