View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Combat Cape   Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:54 pm

Can we have some punctuation here? Thanks.

PostSubject: Re: Combat Cape   Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:56 pm

I'm not sure what amused me more. The incredible failure of the English language in that post, or the fact you think we need you to explain where your name with a suffix of -rang derives from.
Back to top Go down
TheShadow2011

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Combat Cape   Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:02 pm

doesn't really matter to me right now as I hate puntcuating on an iPhone all the time so excuse my foolishness but plain and simple gonna try my idea and if I get my ass kicked I'll trash the idea kay
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Combat Cape   Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:04 pm

Iphones.... shudder....

PostSubject: Re: Combat Cape   Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:06 pm

Who are you fighting? What's their training? How can you be sure they accurately represent the skill, motivation to hurt you, and general qualities about criminals you could encounter with cape-fu.

Not getting killed by your buddies with absolutely no training and no weapons, who don't want to seriously injure you is hardly a way to validate your ultimate fighting style.
Back to top Go down
TheShadow2011

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Combat Cape   Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:08 pm

yes same I see the evil in these things they crash load slow and misread where I touch I am gonna sell this on eBay and get a blackberry or droid x damn you apple
Back to top Go down
TheShadow2011

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Combat Cape   Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:34 pm

well before this forum I was gonna go out and try my idea but truthfully this did made me see that everything in comics can't be preformed in real life so since you are all against the idea I am gonna trash it and go with my original idea I am gonna use a forget what it's called I think it's like a trench coat so yea that's it cape is gone I might give it to some actor guys on whatever
Back to top Go down
DarkShadow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Combat Cape   Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:41 pm

Urban Avenger wrote:
Iphones.... shudder....

Diito UA, definitely ditto. I tested one out and liked the demo but after a few friends told me about the headaches regarding it, i said no way. I think i made the right choice.

DarkShadow out
Back to top Go down
Paladin

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Combat Cape   Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:15 pm

Used to rock an HTC (wait for it...) Hero, myself. Now doing the blackberry thing. The integration is fabulous. Fabulous. FB, google calendar, emails, bbm, everything.. all streaming to one message window.... it's phenomenal.

*coughcough* Anyways, I digress.

if you really want to try your cape idea, dude, test yourself against local RLSHs, for example. Or find your locl SCA chapter and ask a rapier fighter to attack you with a dagger while you try the cape of doom thing...

Hell if you were anywhere near me, I'd say let's give 'er.

You always want to test anything on which your life depends, to the breaking point, before taking it into the field. That way, you know its true limits. This goes for equipment AND training.

Just do me a favour: don't test your armour while you're wearing it.
Back to top Go down
thanatos

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Combat Cape   Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:38 pm

if your doing a coat make sure it is large enough to drop quickly if you think there may be 'action'. if it fits properly then it may be hard to get off quickly enough when you need to. go a couple of sizes large for that extra space for ease of removal.

mine is mostly for show and carrying things but if something happens I slip it off as it is large enough to not bind while dropping.
Back to top Go down
Paladin

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Combat Cape   Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:02 pm

and make sure you size it OVER any applicable armour/padding
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Combat Cape   

Back to top Go down

Combat Cape