Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Should u tell your family that you are a Real life superhero?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lone star

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Should u tell your family that you are a Real life superhero?   Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:16 am

What do you’ll thank?
Back to top Go down
Kaiju

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Should u tell your family that you are a Real life superhero?   Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:27 am

Personally, I chose to tell my parents. It makes things a lot easier for me since I don't have to hide it from them. It also means I can get my mom's help with making new uniform pieces or affording new pieces of gear, as well as getting ideas for where to find out information I need.

However, the policy I use with my team mates is "as long as they're a legal adult, it's up to them whether or not they tell their parents." Both of my team mates so far have chosen to keep it secret from their parents. So I don't really have much of an opinion overall.
Back to top Go down
lone star

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Should u tell your family that you are a Real life superhero?   Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:05 am

Well I’m in my 20 in I live alone right now my fiancé Dark Ghost is k with me being rlsh, but my family don’t know. I had been thinking about telling my dad about it for a long time, but don’t know if I should?

anyone else
Back to top Go down
Kaiju

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Should u tell your family that you are a Real life superhero?   Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:08 am

Like I said, your choice. It all depends on how you think he'll most likely react really. I told my parents because I knew they would be ok with it as long as I didn't plan to do anything stupid or dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Vampireto!

PostSubject: Re: Should u tell your family that you are a Real life superhero?   Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:38 am

nop, not me. more because Im older, I live alone and it is irrelevant or incosecuent to them (also it would get me day and a half to explain them what it is about Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Should u tell your family that you are a Real life superhero?   Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:34 am

I kept it from my parents up until a few weeks ago. of course, I didn't tell them. someone else did. it wound up working out.

so pretty much anything kaiju said applies with me too.

PostSubject: Re: Should u tell your family that you are a Real life superhero?   Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:47 am

I told my uncle and he did not have much to say on it but what he did say was all good then 5 mounths ago my mom and dad found out. My dad eas cool with it but my mom freak but she seems cool with it now
Back to top Go down
DRock

PostSubject: Re: Should u tell your family that you are a Real life superhero?   Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:47 am

I'd gauge their reaction first.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should u tell your family that you are a Real life superhero?   Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:59 am

I see no benefit, so no.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Should u tell your family that you are a Real life superhero?   Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:31 pm

My family has no idea what I'm doing. I may tell my kids or grandkids in many, many years, but it will stay a secret until then. I think my family would understand and be supportive, but I don't want them to worry, or argue that I should quit.
Back to top Go down
lone star

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Should u tell your family that you are a Real life superhero?   Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:46 pm

yha my dad is very protective of me because of what my mom did to me when I was 3 years old.
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Should u tell your family that you are a Real life superhero?   Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:49 pm

My mom took it ok. I told my biological father everything and he changed the subject. Whatever. I don't do what I do for either of them.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Should u tell your family that you are a Real life superhero?   Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:52 pm

Mixed reaction with my family Some find it really embarassing while others are ok with it
Back to top Go down
Kaiju

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Should u tell your family that you are a Real life superhero?   Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:55 pm

One thing I should mention that I somehow forgot earlier is that one of my team mates actually did tell her mom originally. Her mom responded with "that's weird, I don't want you doing that." She then pretended to quit.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Should u tell your family that you are a Real life superhero?   Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:25 pm

My parents really want me to lead a normal life I personally think NORMAL is over rated
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Should u tell your family that you are a Real life superhero?   Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:35 pm

Polarman wrote:
My parents really want me to lead a normal life I personally think NORMAL is over rated

Truer words have never been spoken before.

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Should u tell your family that you are a Real life superhero?   Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:13 pm

thanks i'll give it some more thought and let you know friday if i tell my dad or not. if i do i'll tell you what he said
Back to top Go down
The Reverend

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Should u tell your family that you are a Real life superhero?   Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:42 pm

I told my dad and he just rolled his eyes and changed the subject . Now 5 months later he's seen the charity marches I've been to and knows about my work for the homeless . I told him I was gathering clothes for a handout and a week later he gave me a box of stuff he didn't wear anymore and 12 pairs of new socks . Actions my friends speak loudly . Oh and I'm 39 was a little afraid to tell dad .
Back to top Go down
Kaiju

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Should u tell your family that you are a Real life superhero?   Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:45 pm

Wow, Reverend. That's awesome!
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Should u tell your family that you are a Real life superhero?   Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:29 pm

My family became aware of what I do a few years ago. By their conservative standards they think what I do is "eccentric" to say the least. However, they don't try to stop me because they know that at the end of the day my focus is on helping those in need and as long as I am not doing anything to endanger myself or illegal they have given me their blessing.

RLSH may not always like the way peopel percieve what they do but the example I like to use on people is "Do you really think a homeless person who hasn't had a decent meal or clean clothing in quite some time gives a damn whether the person given them the decent meal or clean clothing is dressed in a costume or not? Somehow I don't think so."
Back to top Go down
lone star

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Should u tell your family that you are a Real life superhero?   Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:02 pm

Well i did what Drock said to do gauge my dad's reaction first. By asking him what dus he thank about rlsh and well let me just say i can nere ever tell him unless he is on his death bed an lest than min away from death that im lone star a rlsh and as for the rest of my family the same for them.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Should u tell your family that you are a Real life superhero?   Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:34 pm

If your father is on his death bed and has 60 seconds give or take left to live... and you spend those 60 seconds telling him about your secret exploits as "Lone Star the real life superhero..."

Suspect

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Should u tell your family that you are a Real life superhero?   Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:40 pm

Yeeeaaahhhh.....I get the feeling his last 60 seconds would not be happy ones after that way of putting it.
Back to top Go down
lone star

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Should u tell your family that you are a Real life superhero?   Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:48 pm

what I ment is I can nevre tell him at all an he is 47 years old an in good helth to
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Should u tell your family that you are a Real life superhero?   Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:52 pm

Unless you're doing something like this, you can probably tell him.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PostSubject: Re: Should u tell your family that you are a Real life superhero?   

Back to top Go down

Should u tell your family that you are a Real life superhero?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next