Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Zimmer Method    Fri May 20, 2011 8:42 pm

If an oracle type were available to provide mission support, including maps, personal information databases, emergency contacts and other area or person-specific information, would you seek out that person for a mission?

Why or why not?

What would be the most useful knowledge you'd want the support person to have?
Back to top Go down
Foxone

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Zimmer Method    Fri May 20, 2011 9:01 pm

you say you probably need people who have linguistic facility in foreign language: I'm french. Call me if you need me Wink
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Zimmer Method    Mon May 23, 2011 7:46 pm

I think any crime patroller would be insane to not want as much support as possible. It makes the job so much safer to have backup. The information I value most from my support team is the names, locations, and contact information for the officers who are patrolling on or near my route. Officers will give you their card if you ask them. Learn who patrols your routes and when they normally work. I don't retain this information myself, but I can get it at the drop of a hat from my info guy.
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Zimmer Method    Tue May 24, 2011 11:37 pm

Well beyond just being safe, you need a goal, medical ability, supplies, martial arts ability, parkour, etc. Being safe is nice, but the goal of us going out isn't to be safe, it's to help other people.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Zimmer Method    Wed May 25, 2011 12:34 pm

Medical ability, supplies, training in martial arts, and all the other skills you need to be effective on patrol are certainly important, but I understood your question to be what information would I most want to have from my "oracle".

While the person who fills the analog to that role on my team has the same basic training that I have, I wouldn't go to him/her for advanced training in the skills in which I specialize. Likewise, I would not attempt to overshadow their knowledge and ability in gathering of reliable intelligence for most patrol situations.

So the answer I gave stands as is, but I have no problem personally with saying the skills you listed are vital if you want to be effective on patrol.

Practically speaking, however, the most important trait one needs is the courage to actually do it ONCE THEY ARE PROPERLY TRAINED. It's a far cry from practicing in the dojo with people you are familiar with to going out on the street and seeking out confrontations with people who don't care whether they hurt or kill you. The goal is to keep everyone safe. Yourself, the victim, and the criminal too, whenever possible. But I won't shed a tear or lose sleep if he breaks a finger.
Back to top Go down
RobertHood

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Zimmer Method    Sat May 28, 2011 4:29 pm

Have you thought about training people Zimmer?

I would be shocked if most teams were as proffessional as the NYI seems to be.
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Zimmer Method    Sun May 29, 2011 4:50 am

I have thought about it. I would be selective as to who I trained.
Back to top Go down
RobertHood

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Zimmer Method    Sun May 29, 2011 2:10 pm

Suppose thats fair with limited time. I think too few people have useful real world skills, instead we are taught to criticize our past and read politically correct books.

Over in the uk you can do a course in painting nails for free but a basic first aid course will cost you a fair bit of money. If you ask me some people want others to suffer.
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Zimmer Method    Mon May 30, 2011 5:59 pm

I criticize the past, read politically correct books and have useful skills, so you'd just hate me.
Back to top Go down
Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Zimmer Method    Mon May 30, 2011 6:13 pm

i don't think he meant to cause offense i believe he was just criticizing the priorities of certain establishments and companies ect.

Also thing the idea is well thought out and realistically could be done without costing an arm and a leg.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zimmer Method    

Back to top Go down

Zimmer Method
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2