HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Decursing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Equal

PostSubject: Decursing   Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:19 am

This is a wierd and difficult subject here. There are some trafficing victions that is bound by "curses" what will kick in if they break their "contract". That's one of the bigger problems around here, the victims won't contact local autorities because they actully belive in the curses. The great thing about not being an offical reprensentative in any way is being able to take alternative approaches. And I want to be prepeared. That's right, I'm gonna learn how to remve/dispel curses.

Do any of you genuine "wierdoes" know anything about the subject? Think most of them is cast by witch doctors and the like, but I've haven't figured the span of it yet. Have to be able to do it in a way that they actually belive they are lifted.

And if you find this funny, it is not.
Back to top Go down
Kaiju

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:59 am

It would sound funny if not for it being a serious problem.

Well, the way I see it, since the curses are obviously fake anyway, couldn't you just make up some method for removing curses? As long as people believe it works, it should solve the problem.
Back to top Go down
Equal

PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:11 pm

Yeah, who cares about that that witch creepy, feared and respected witch doctor did when some costumed wierdo say: "Hocus pocus, curse gone".

If I'm gonna do some witchdoctoring or exorcism it could be a good idea to do it "right".

This may be a bit of a blindshot, but it seems like there is a few "alternatives" here. Somebody might have picked up something. Meanwhile, I'll google it a bit.
Back to top Go down
Superhero

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:43 pm

I'm Superstisious I guess, But this is out of my leauge. I hear burnning white candles & throwing salt around does it. Ask ML.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Master Legend in.......
three......
two.......
one.......

This is more up his alley.
Back to top Go down
Crossfire the Crusader

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:06 pm

My answer seems overly simple, but barring any more personal information on each person affected its all I can say.

My answer is...Pray!

Who are you? I've never heard of you nor have I been given reason to take you seriously, I'm sure lots of people share my opinion on this matter. Which is why you got your initial response, if you had made an introduction thread or at least made of point of saying who you are you probably would've been received better. (Sleepless)

Sometimes you cant win by fighting the negative, but you can turn the tide by strengthening the positive

SUPERHERO ACADEMY ON BLOG TALK RADIO - returning soon - times TBA - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Equal

PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:32 pm

Good suggestion Crossfire, but I decided quite early that when I'm wearing my mask I'm everybodys good samaritan. I don't want to risk looking like a pushy missonary nor a political conservative. I want to meet people on their terms, and if I'm lucky, be somebody the outcasts can trust. I need the faith of the "cursed" person on this.

There is no rush figuring this thing since it will take a while (if ever) before I'll be able to mess with international organized crime, but I hope I can get there someday (trafficing is EVIL, and the poor are mostly covered by the sosialism), so I'm just doing some fishing here. Didn't expect to get many answers , but hopefully I get some ideas.

Hope the Master have something to add. I don't even belive in that stuff, and that dosen't help at all. But I'll be open-minded, I'm Diesel fhs*.

*for heck sake
Back to top Go down
Alchemist

PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:48 pm

Well. I believe in the occult and mysticism (but not everything and blindly), my suggestion is the chi gathering and cultivation for self protecting. Since everybody has chi, everybody can dispell the curse, but you need to visualize and believe in that you stronger than the curse.
So the spell remove is some suggession.
like this:
Your hand over the cursed person, head, stomach, whatew., tell him what are you doing "I search for the negative energy... I feel something dark etc. ... I will pull out the dark energy from you and fill you with clean white energy... you will feel warm, and little numb"
so after that the cursed is cured, if they believe in you, and you believe in yourself.
Not that the point you just do some hypnosis or occult thing or miracle... just the cure is the important (in fact this is the "magic": you did that, no matter how)

and teach that "psi-ball" trick with the patient, to energize himself.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I guess this is more self hypnosis than real thing... but in Japan, China the self hypnosis is a normal cure and self training method.
Back to top Go down
Equal

PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:19 pm

Alchemist, I want to kiss you!

That's exactly what I've been looking for, something universal. No religius referances, but still it can be understood as demons, djinns, spirits or whatever.

@Crossfire Excelent suggestion, this is what I prayed for.

Now... I'll climb a tree!
Not really, I'm gonna mop the floor...

More suggestions is still welcome, in my training in the arts I've learned that you'll never know enough.
Back to top Go down
Crossfire the Crusader

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:39 am

Think of prayer as calling in an airstrike. Pray for the areas you will be patrolling and the areas you have patrolled.

Then pray through the areas you are walking. As you walk, speak to God as if you were speaking to your oracle - like a friend or ally - not just spouting some psuedo religious pre-rehearsed prayers like most churches teach. (google "conversational prayer" for more information)

Realize that curses are more than spells, more than mindsets, and more than demonic/spiritual manifestations. Curses are the result of many factors coming together and the beliefs of the pursing issuing the curse, the beliefs of the person recieving the curse, the beliefs of the people affected by the curse, and the lifestyles of everyone involved are factors. Lifestyle choices are a factor - often to end a curse means ending a chronic habit or activity. If you are dealing with a religious group, they may feel the curse is only activated if they leave their faith and their leader will hold that over their head to manipulate their actions.

In other words, its complicated.

So like I said, pray. Prayer can move mountains. Send it out like cruise missiles into the areas you are concerned about. When you find allies among the people there, then pray together with them and pray for them individually...and ask them to pray for you. Seek Bible promises for your situation and claim those promises when you pray. Prayer is your warfare in situations like this and trust me that prayer will eventually yield results in spiritual battles like this.

Dont fall into the trap of trying to out-magic the cursers...and dont try and come between these people and their beliefs. At this point all you can do is watch your own back and lay down the needed prayer cover.

Thats my advice as a believer in Christ...take it as you will, but I stand by this opinion.

Who are you? I've never heard of you nor have I been given reason to take you seriously, I'm sure lots of people share my opinion on this matter. Which is why you got your initial response, if you had made an introduction thread or at least made of point of saying who you are you probably would've been received better. (Sleepless)

Sometimes you cant win by fighting the negative, but you can turn the tide by strengthening the positive

SUPERHERO ACADEMY ON BLOG TALK RADIO - returning soon - times TBA - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Equal

PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:07 am

... Since I'm not one of those ungrateful bastards that keep nagging at him every day and night about everything and nothing."[/i]

lol.. this is pretty much exactly what Master Legend said to me one night on the telephone. He doesn't believe in pestering the Lord with incessant pray. Just pray and forget.. leave it in good hands to be taken care of.

Oh shit.. Deisel, I hit the edit button and not the quote button and screwed up your post. Can you please repost it.. It was a good one. Sorry.. Silver Senile Sentinel Sad

Last edited by Silver Sentinel on Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I screwed up his post by accident - SS)
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:02 pm

Ok this is about witchcraft? I thought you were going to talk about decursing kids who dont want to stop swearing around public places

That I can handle Im not much for cursing and swearing so I take the work that another person might say perhaps the D word so instead of saying D----it I might just say Vomit

D---it! They are out of grapefruit juice

Vomit! They are out of grapefruit juice

Then I might use the same word to replace the F word so you got

That f----ing chair is broken

That vomiting chair is broken or

That pooping chair is broken

Now if only I can get the sons of a toilet to stop driving skidoos on the sidewalks and forcing people to walk out into the middle of the vomiting road I can just see one day some pooping idiot causing an accident
Back to top Go down
Equal

PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:34 am

@SS Translating is so damn hard. Atm I'm translating [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , and I think I'm beginning to hat Peter Tangen a little.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:03 pm

curses are made out of words
their undoing is made out of words too.

the people typing above here have made that clear.

Being not-whimpy with your words is the part that
eludes most people.

Figure your good things to say, stand up and say them like you mean it
Back to top Go down
Artisteroi

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:05 pm

a curse is about psychology. If a person believes they are cursed then they are.

If you want to "remove" it then the person has to believe in you more.

Some things to remember:
Curses cant be removed on the spot. Get them to go to a special place. A sacred place. Schedule a time that is sacred. Midnight, Moon rise, sun set, etc.
Meet them there with your "tools" Candles, herbs, talismans, crystals, incense, etc. You have to prepare for it, or they wont believe it.
Use a commanding voice as Flora said. You have to be in charge of the cosmos if it's gonna work.
Non-denominational inst necessarily the best way to go. Obscure theologian works well. Cabala or Enochian are the least known. Though Cabala is getting around on the west coast
Dont use words like "try" That leaves doubt behind. Say instead "I will remove this curse from you" "You will suffer no more"
The stuff about the energy chi is very good you can use that effectively.

I suggest watching a movie about Houdini. He was very good at seeing though the cracks in the play. You may be able to glean what not to do.

Find someone to help you practice a bit. It is a very important acting role. And if the "cursed" person goes off script like they are being taken over or something you gotta jump in there and "pull" them back. Because they are psychologically trying to stay cursed.

Prepare for an all night/day secession.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:54 pm

...what Artisteroi typed ( above ).

Also, pick your words ahead of time so that you don't
stumble or say "um" .

Artisteroi is also correct about choosing words that are absolute...not words like
"try".

I'm not Catholic but I watched an exorcism on the program called
"Paranormal State".

I didnt' tune in expecting to see that.

The program is very openly multi-denominaltional.

I wanted light entertainment for halloween
but it was quite moving for a person not engaged in their pursuits.

The priest that they called in was local and not an actor.
He let them film the whole thing and some of his prep.

That priest really aimed to make those people's lives better with his
words and ideas.
His facial expressions and choices of words and firmness of conviction
were really worth watching
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:29 pm

Sent you a PM.
Back to top Go down
Proteus

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:38 pm

Dealing with curses, possession, demonic infestation, hexes, bad hair days, and faerie folk all comes down to one thing... Faith.

I'm not talking your faith either (Though you have to believe that what you're doing will help them otherwise they'll literally smell it on you), no, it's THEIR faith. They have to believe in their hearts that you are there to help them and what you are about to do will INDEED help them.

Along those lines, while non-denominational rites can work, it is best to cater to THEIR faith. do as much research as you need to into what they will accept for your cleansing ritual, then follow it closely. Not only do you have to present them with a performance that they will believe, but they should be familiar and comfortable (no matter how morbid it may be) with what you are doing... in other words, it has to look to THEM as though it will work, therefore using the materials that they are familiar with being used in such ceremonies.

So basically, you are producing a play. Artisteroi and flora are right in what they said. The setting has to be right. you need to literally "Set the stage" for your play. You need to speak in a firm, authoritative voice, meaning you have to be a good actor, and perform for those nose bleed seats. Use the correct props, light the proper lighting, and give a tony worthy performance.

Remember, those you are going up with are damnably good performers. Your acting-fu must beat their juju. If you can do that, the curse is lifted, and the victims can lead a safe existance.

It's also a good idea to give them some sort of trinket to serve as a Talisman at the conclusion of your rite. Say a little blessing over it in front of them and then place it on them. Inform them that said talisman is intended to help re-inforce what you have just completed, and it will give them something PHYSICAL that they can look at and know that they are now curse free. This will prevent them from falling back into their previous funk.

There. I've droned on enough I think....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Counter-curses...   Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:31 am

I'm no longer an occultist, but I can provide some information...

For minor curses, a ring of salt, some clear quartz crystals around the perimeter, some white candles, or anything that represents purity will usually work. Try to steer clear of darker colours, unless you absolutely have to: and then, only choose strong colours, like bright red.

Depending on the person's religious convictions, you could use icons or pendants of different saints, or religious symbols.

If you're allowed to draw a tetragrammaton (sign of YHWH) on the premises, that would help.

Remember: as Gerald Gardner wrote, "To make the spell work every time, let the spell be spoke in rhyme".

The most important thing, is that you make the people involved feel like it will work. Make the ritual as elaborate and convincing as possible; and a few special effects wouldn't hurt, either.

WARNING: STEER CLEAR OF SUMMONING DARKER SPIRITS TO PROTECT PEOPLE... THEIR PROTECTION COMES AT A HEFTY PRICE, IF THEY'RE WILLING TO PLAY ALONG AT ALL!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:59 pm

I am not sure how I missed this thread. Very interesting. I and others I knew were subject to a curse one time. I am a very rational, skeptical, and critical person, but the events that transpired have led me to believe that there are some things that simply cannot be explained.

Having worked for many field seasons on an archaeology project in the Andes, I was greatly dismayed when several items belonging to the American field crew went missing. In all of the years we had worked with this particular community, we had never experienced theft and were reluctant to lay blame given the very good relationship we had with the citizens of this remote Bolivian town. We eventually told local authorities, and they said they would look into it. This was disturbing because it tested bonds of trust significantly...

Anyways, it was during the following week that everyone on the crew got ill, which is not too surprising given how closely and meagerly we live beside one another in this environment. But then things got really weird. Among the American crew members, several of our family members (state-side) suffered serious injuries or illnesses. Within one week, my mother and grandmother suffered blood poisoning (which neither of them had experienced before, and which they had both contracted at different times and places), my godchild suffered life threatening blood clots from her ankles to her stomach (again, a first for anyone in our family), and I had two nephews suffer broken arms and a concussion. Later that week, a local committed suicide, a very strange occurance, indeed...all in the same week.

The American crew was baffled and confused by the horrible string of incidents that were plaguing us and our relatives state-side. Then, late one night, some of the locals who work as excavators knocked on our door. They came in with the local yatiri (shaman) who had a nasty looking burlap bag with him. The workmen explained that they had discovered the bag (full of hair and blood) buried close to the surface on the archaeological site. Some of us on crew recognized the bag immediately as black magic following ethnographic descriptions we had read, and the yatiri confirmed our suspicions. The curse was not intended for us. Rather, it was intended for the land owner, but the yatiri feared that we may have been subject to its effects because we also "worked" the land. He asked if we had been experiencing anything out of the ordinary....yeesh.

So, he scheduled a group exorcism for us and the land owner. The project director was out of town when the yatiri approached us, so he had no idea what was going on. We used his jacket in lieu of his person for the exorcism, and though he did not know that there was a ceremony being held, he stated upon his return that he felt a great burden lifted the night of the exorcism...

Anyways, things immediately returned to normal. make wahat you want of this story. I am not making claims one way or another, though I must attest that this situation defies any comprehensive explanation other than amazing coincidence...which is a possibility I haven't taken off of the table.

Just thought folks might find this interesting.

-A
______

The quest for justice is eternal
Back to top Go down
Anthem

PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:33 pm

Very interesting post. Now I'm not saying that I believe in any of this stuff, but I have heard enough to stay away from preforming anything that would be considered an authentic ritual (even for pure purposes). So I think that what ever you do decide to do, it shouldn't be an actual practiced ritual.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:21 pm

The Aristocrat wrote:
I am not sure how I missed this thread. Very interesting. I and others I knew were subject to a curse one time. I am a very rational, skeptical, and critical person, but the events that transpired have led me to believe that there are some things that simply cannot be explained.

Having worked for many field seasons on an archaeology project in the Andes, I was greatly dismayed when several items belonging to the American field crew went missing. In all of the years we had worked with this particular community, we had never experienced theft and were reluctant to lay blame given the very good relationship we had with the citizens of this remote Bolivian town. We eventually told local authorities, and they said they would look into it. This was disturbing because it tested bonds of trust significantly...

Anyways, it was during the following week that everyone on the crew got ill, which is not too surprising given how closely and meagerly we live beside one another in this environment. But then things got really weird. Among the American crew members, several of our family members (state-side) suffered serious injuries or illnesses. Within one week, my mother and grandmother suffered blood poisoning (which neither of them had experienced before, and which they had both contracted at different times and places), my godchild suffered life threatening blood clots from her ankles to her stomach (again, a first for anyone in our family), and I had two nephews suffer broken arms and a concussion. Later that week, a local committed suicide, a very strange occurance, indeed...all in the same week.

The American crew was baffled and confused by the horrible string of incidents that were plaguing us and our relatives state-side. Then, late one night, some of the locals who work as excavators knocked on our door. They came in with the local yatiri (shaman) who had a nasty looking burlap bag with him. The workmen explained that they had discovered the bag (full of hair and blood) buried close to the surface on the archaeological site. Some of us on crew recognized the bag immediately as black magic following ethnographic descriptions we had read, and the yatiri confirmed our suspicions. The curse was not intended for us. Rather, it was intended for the land owner, but the yatiri feared that we may have been subject to its effects because we also "worked" the land. He asked if we had been experiencing anything out of the ordinary....yeesh.

So, he scheduled a group exorcism for us and the land owner. The project director was out of town when the yatiri approached us, so he had no idea what was going on. We used his jacket in lieu of his person for the exorcism, and though he did not know that there was a ceremony being held, he stated upon his return that he felt a great burden lifted the night of the exorcism...

Anyways, things immediately returned to normal. make wahat you want of this story. I am not making claims one way or another, though I must attest that this situation defies any comprehensive explanation other than amazing coincidence...which is a possibility I haven't taken off of the table.

Just thought folks might find this interesting.

-A
______

Dude, you are just fascinating!

I "searched" for my father's ghost as a child for so long
that I became a TOTALLY skeptical adult

but

too many years of seeing things like you describe here have made me
a VERY careful observer
of the power of human thought and the
distrubances of the molecules of the Solar System.

Science has made me Wiccan but not in a style-following way.
( as if you wanted to know )

EVERY word we speak distrubs the finite air around this ball in space.
Every bite of food is a gift.
EVERY drop of water is rare
and
EVERY life ends - leaving the molecules of it's vessel behind
( See: Thanatos's signature )

Watch.
Wonder.
Ask.
Protect.
Repeat.

I MUST agree with Cambion about rhyme.

As we disturb the air with our words,
rhyme has a VERY strange and
in-escapable power.

I shall disturb the air now with blessings on you all.

( See also: Master Ledgend's methods )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:41 pm

@ Flora- Thank you for the kind words, madam. Like I said, I am a skeptic and do not take sharing a story like this lightly. In fact, I hesitated to tell it because I do not want to be taken as endorsing any sort of spirituality other than a simple sense of mystery for the world around us that should evoke within us a critical and inquiring mind.

There was a great exhibit at the Field Museum in Chicago not too long ago on ghosts, and while I do not profess to believe in apparitions I was moved to humility by the exhibit and given cause to think more carefully about something that happened to me many years ago. All of that is to say, I think we need to, on the one hand, be aware that there is much we do not understand about existence, and on the other, bear in mind Occam's Razor. What worries me the most is that stories like the one shared here will be appropriated by others who do not appreciate my skepticism and will simply use it as a form of propaganda or confirmation for their own particular breed of theology (present company excepted, of course!)

-A
______

Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:08 pm

@The A,

I have not seen this exhibit or heard of it.
I did got to some SPECTACULAR museums in Chicago
in 1972.

I'll bet that I can find it on-line.
Thank yoU!
Back to top Go down
Silver Sentinel

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:38 pm

May I suggest, "How to Cast Out Demons and Break Curses", Bill Subritzky.

This book has been written by the author of the best selling book, "Demons Defeated". It provides easily understood instructions on how to cast out demons and break curses.

You can download a free PDF version here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I know of several more in depth resources on casting out demons and breaking curses, but do not feel comfortable sharing them. You never know who is reading and might end up doing more psychological harm to themselves than anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Decursing   

Back to top Go down

Decursing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Training & Preparation-
Jump to: