Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Order of things when it comes to "fighting"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Order of things when it comes to "fighting"   Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:12 pm

Ok, I have this whole map of how I am going to become the best RLSH I can be.

its called, Cut, Carve, Stain, Display

Derived from the idea of wood sculpting

First Part: Cut- I'm going to cut all the excess body fat, and slim down, basically by doing this it will lighten me and allow me more mobility inn the long run

Second Part: Carve- I will tone, excercise, train and build body strength, although I donn't want to build any more muscle.

Third Part: Stain- I will eventually after the first two, finally go into combat training, and martial arts, but I find it best suited to first train my body first to prepare myself to advance quickly

Fourth and final part: Display- I will then be all good to do some "fighting" as a RLSH, but again this is just me, whats your thoughts on how to prepare one's body?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Order of things when it comes to "fighting"   Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:19 pm

Stupid order.

Go into training/martial arts and step one and 2 will happen naturally.

A fat guy who is a hardcore boxer is going to be tougher than a fit guy who fights like a sissy.

Get training even if you're overweight, they'll respect you for stepping up and training regardless of your appearance. People at gyms aren't there to look pretty or socialize and pick on the new guys, they're there to train and improve. No one cares whether you look like the hulk or the blob.

If I see a fat guy come into the club I train at, I don't pick on him, if anything i try to help him more because I know that hes feeling like a dick.
Back to top Go down
Dark Guardian

avatar

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service


PostSubject: Re: Order of things when it comes to "fighting"   Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:42 pm

Let me spin what X said in a positive way. Martial arts, self defense training, and combat trianing will help you get in shape while learning the skills you wish to acquire. You don't need to do things neccisarily in the order you listed.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Order of things when it comes to "fighting"   Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:51 pm

Dark Guardian wrote:
Let me spin what X said in a positive way. Martial arts, self defense training, and combat trianing will help you get in shape while learning the skills you wish to acquire. You don't need to do things neccisarily in the order you listed.

I was positive, and honest.
Back to top Go down
Dark Guardian

avatar

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service


PostSubject: Re: Order of things when it comes to "fighting"   Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:55 pm

The whole fat guy comments and feeling like a dick comments kind of resonate negative. I do agree with the premise of your comment though.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Order of things when it comes to "fighting"   Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:07 pm

Dark Guardian wrote:
The whole fat guy comments and feeling like a dick comments kind of resonate negative. I do agree with the premise of your comment though.

You've got a fair point, my tone leaves somewhat to be desired sometimes. One time I was one of the guys feeling like a dick walking into a club for the first time, not hugely overweight but I had a fair beergut and my shirt had a nice belly from doing no exercise and drinking too much because I had nothing else to fill my time. Then I discovered how enjoyable training learning and training actually was
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Order of things when it comes to "fighting"   Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:34 pm

BAH!!! I just wish I had some place to learn martial arts, not a whole lot in London, and the few places are REALLY expensive.
Back to top Go down
Indigo

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Order of things when it comes to "fighting"   Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:44 pm

London's Watchman wrote:
BAH!!! I just wish I had some place to learn martial arts, not a whole lot in London, and the few places are REALLY expensive.
At least you're in a populated area of Canada.
I had a Tae kwon do teacher for a while, but he moved away.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

avatar

Category :
  • Public Service


PostSubject: Re: Order of things when it comes to "fighting"   Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Well,
I have been wanting to put up a Martial Arts thread for a while.

Maybe I just shall.




I am a personal trainer and teacher of other personal trainers.

I am happy to answer any and all of your questions.


I have to agree with X.

Fat people are stronger.

JUST TRYING to stay strong AND fat will make you leaner and VERY strong.

I, also, suggest that you start with Martial Arts
and NEVER make fun of fat people
gosh darn it!!!

Squeezable is GOOD!


Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Order of things when it comes to "fighting"   Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:04 pm

Its un fair!!!!! I do my best to stay in shape and all that and then some fat guy comes along and can just lay on me and im beat. The only way I can really think of to beat a fat guy is to kick him in his jewels. That or head butt, and in my school a lot of the trouble makers are big fat guys.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

avatar

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service


PostSubject: Re: Order of things when it comes to "fighting"   Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:09 pm

X wrote:
Stupid order.

stupid is not a positive word. but I think you got the point by now.

in any event losing fat to make yourself lighter isn't going to work if you are going to be gaining muscle. muscle is denser than fat, so you will actually gain weight if you are going to put on muscle. before I really started working out I used to weight about 145 then when I really started toning up (not bulking out) I gained about 6 or 7 lbs just in muscle, with only 5% body fat. so consider that when shaping your body and adjust your goals accordingly.

@london, remember speed is a way more effective weapon, and so is agility. those things will always win over pure size.

_________________
Facebook | Myspace | YouTube | Twitter
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

avatar

Category :
  • Public Service


PostSubject: Re: Order of things when it comes to "fighting"   Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:11 pm

London's Watchman wrote:
Its un fair!!!!! I do my best to stay in shape and all that and then some fat guy comes along and can just lay on me and im beat. The only way I can really think of to beat a fat guy is to kick him in his jewels. That or head butt, and in my school a lot of the trouble makers are big fat guys.


bwahahahahahaha!!!


Yes, big people do not want to be picked AND they have extra calories to work with
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Order of things when it comes to "fighting"   Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:13 pm

true UA and thats what i focus on is speed, parkour is my strongest skill
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

avatar

Category :
  • Public Service


PostSubject: Re: Order of things when it comes to "fighting"   Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:19 pm

Number one skill is:
STAMINA!!



All I have to do is keep slapping you out of the way until your arms go down from
exhaustion.


Then, YOU ARE MINE!!!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Order of things when it comes to "fighting"   Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:17 pm

Edit: Nevermind.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Order of things when it comes to "fighting"   Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:40 am

Now who said I was fat?

Like legitly

I am 5'7" 255lbs, and athletic I just got excess fat is all, like more than needed is all I was saying.

I have cut 10 lbs since I posted this.

Further more, I can match most people in running speed and stamina, and I hit harder than most people I know. And not only that I'm fast.

Guess I should of been more... direct with things huh? ^^;;
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Order of things when it comes to "fighting"   Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:47 am

Flysect wrote:
Now who said I was fat?

Like legitly

I am 5'7" 255lbs, and athletic I just got excess fat is all, like more than needed is all I was saying.

I have cut 10 lbs since I posted this.

Further more, I can match most people in running speed and stamina, and I hit harder than most people I know. And not only that I'm fast.

Guess I should of been more... direct with things huh? ^^;;

Yeah, you need to be super precise in your wording. A number of these people have 'vivid' imaginations and let them run wild.
Back to top Go down
Animal

avatar

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support


PostSubject: Re: Order of things when it comes to "fighting"   Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:47 am

Flysect, It Is Good To Finally See You On Here, I Hope That We Can Get Back On The Field Soon!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Order of things when it comes to "fighting"   Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:06 am

Midnite Detective wrote:
Flysect wrote:
Now who said I was fat?

Like legitly

I am 5'7" 255lbs, and athletic I just got excess fat is all, like more than needed is all I was saying.

I have cut 10 lbs since I posted this.

Further more, I can match most people in running speed and stamina, and I hit harder than most people I know. And not only that I'm fast.

Guess I should of been more... direct with things huh? ^^;;

Yeah, you need to be super precise in your wording. A number of these people have 'vivid' imaginations and let them run wild.

Guess it'd be also nice to include I have had training and fight some MMA here and there. hahahaha

Yeah

And Animal indeed!
Back to top Go down
Gauge



Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH


PostSubject: Re: Order of things when it comes to "fighting"   Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:34 pm

I agree with Flora regarding stamina being the most important individual aspect of training, but you can't build a house with only a hammer. Balance is the real key to patrol effectiveness and also in defense. It's fine to have stamina, but if you have no fighting skill, you will likely get beat. If you are skilled, but too slow, you may never get a shot in. I'm just saying it's important to gain as many advantages as you can before going into situations where you may have a physical encounter, so that you have the best possible chance of getting home at night (or morning).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Order of things when it comes to "fighting"   

Back to top Go down
 
Order of things when it comes to "fighting"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» So there are things we can do to improve our eyesight
» Things Remembered Photo Contest *usa only*
» How good is a western fighting style instead of martial arts
» Tests are not executing in correct order.
» All Things Zelda

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Training & Preparation-
Jump to: