Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Patrolling

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Patrolling   Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:09 pm

Since I'm new I think I should start out at least once a week, but any recommendations?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling   Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:50 pm

Whenever you can afford it without bankrupting your family.
Back to top Go down
the crimson fist

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling   Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:33 pm

Not to mention without bankrupting yourself mentally, physically, and emotionally. I'm all for giving as much as you possibly can, but you've got to take care of your physical and psychological well being as well.

That said, I would say that it is best to patrol as much, or as little, as you feel is appropriate.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling   Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:36 pm

Patrol within the limits of your capabilities, whatever that means.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling   Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:06 pm

Also take into account the number of incidents that are likely to occur in the area you plan to patrol. The more frequently you patrol, the likelier you are to encounter a situation where you can be of assistance. At the very least, more patrolling means more community awareness of your existence and of your mission.

Once per week is actually a great frequency to start with. You will gain exposure and familiarity with your community and will also be able to test the level of your commitment to patrolling. If you can stick with that schedule for 3 months, I'd say you were fairly solid, and then consider doing additional patrols.

One thing to keep in mind when your patrols lead to citizen contacts. If you commit yourself to helping with a charity or other program, or arrange to meet with a contact, make sure to always show up 10 minutes early at the latest. You must be 100% reliable as a rlsh. You don't want to miss a commitment or let people wonder if you will be late. Getting there at the last second means that someone was grinding their teeth fearing you would flake out.

I wish you tons of luck and safe patrols.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling   Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:10 pm

Go check out the patrol areas during daytime in your civilian ID. Get to know it before you head out at night and get lost.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling   Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:26 pm

Everthing that you do every day will give oportunites.

There is always a door that can be held, a somethingoranother that can be picked up
a compliment that can be given, an animal that can be helped.

There is always English Ivy to remove SOMEWHERE!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling   

Back to top Go down

Patrolling
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1