Championship Fighting by Jack Dempsey

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Silver Sentinel

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Championship Fighting by Jack Dempsey    Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:34 pm

Championship Fighting by Jack Dempsey (1950)
This is a PDF version of the 1950 book, "Championship Fighting: Explosive Punching and Aggressive Defense", by Jack Dempsey. It is in the public domain.

Jack Dempsey was one of the top 10 all time greatest heavyweight boxers in the world. His book explains the secrets of training to give your punches explosive power. His work was so well respected that Bruce Lee even used it when developing his Jeet Kun Do. Boxers and martial artists will benefit from reading this book.

CLICK HERE FOR 4.85 MB PDF DOWNLOAD

Last edited by Silver Sentinel on Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crossfire the Crusader

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Championship Fighting by Jack Dempsey    Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:03 pm

I cannot access the file...I get told I am denied access.

Who are you? I've never heard of you nor have I been given reason to take you seriously, I'm sure lots of people share my opinion on this matter. Which is why you got your initial response, if you had made an introduction thread or at least made of point of saying who you are you probably would've been received better. (Sleepless)

Sometimes you cant win by fighting the negative, but you can turn the tide by strengthening the positive

SUPERHERO ACADEMY ON BLOG TALK RADIO - returning soon - times TBA - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Silver Sentinel

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Championship Fighting by Jack Dempsey    Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:28 pm

URL issue resolved.

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
the crimson fist

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Championship Fighting by Jack Dempsey    Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:02 am

I read that quite a while ago, but I'm really glad you posted it, because it is definitely worth reading again and again!
Back to top Go down
Crossfire the Crusader

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Championship Fighting by Jack Dempsey    Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:47 am

Thanks SS!

Who are you? I've never heard of you nor have I been given reason to take you seriously, I'm sure lots of people share my opinion on this matter. Which is why you got your initial response, if you had made an introduction thread or at least made of point of saying who you are you probably would've been received better. (Sleepless)

Sometimes you cant win by fighting the negative, but you can turn the tide by strengthening the positive

SUPERHERO ACADEMY ON BLOG TALK RADIO - returning soon - times TBA - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Championship Fighting by Jack Dempsey    Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:26 am

Downloaded this and will give a looks over later and making sure Amazonia sees it. Read this a few years back, it is a very good read indeed. I suggest everyone on here downloads this and study it. You'll benefit tremendously from what's in this book.
Back to top Go down
Hissyfit

PostSubject: Re: Championship Fighting by Jack Dempsey    Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:28 am

Wow, I didn't know Dempsey wrote a book. Definitely before my time but I've seen some of his fights thanks to youtube and the like. Once you see Jack Dempsey in action you'll know why some people call him the Master of Momentum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Championship Fighting by Jack Dempsey    Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:23 pm

Hey thanks for posting that link SS, I dig the old school fighting books.
Back to top Go down
Silver Sentinel

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Championship Fighting by Jack Dempsey    Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:50 pm

Many people downplay the usefulness of boxing. The art of boxing is not just the exhibition fighting you see in the ring, but is the living art of fist fighting. Ask any serious martial arts practitioner if they would care to go bare handed against a trained pugilist, and the answer will often be a polite smile and a quick shake of the head. Why? Because pugilism is the basic fundamental scientific element of all bare handed striking styles. The same basic movements and principles of pugilism are taught with variations in most all martial arts, including.. interestingly enough.. jujitsu.

Training how to strike accurately, and with tremendous power, builds confidence. Stepping into the practice ring and sparring builds reflexes and a tolerance to pain, as well as much needed practical experience in combat. Done in a gym, with competent instruction, a person can expect to advance quickly in fighting ability. If you have no health issues, and even if you are of average build, you can become a competent fighter in less than a year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Championship Fighting by Jack Dempsey    Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:30 pm

Silver Sentinel wrote:
Many people downplay the usefulness of boxing. The art of boxing is not just the exhibition fighting you see in the ring, but is the living art of fist fighting. Ask any serious martial arts practitioner if they would care to go bare handed against a trained pugilist, and the answer will often be a polite smile and a quick shake of the head. Why? Because pugilism is the basic fundamental scientific element of all bare handed striking styles. The same basic movements and principles of pugilism are taught with variations in most all martial arts, including.. interestingly enough.. jujitsu.

Training how to strike accurately, and with tremendous power, builds confidence. Stepping into the practice ring and sparring builds reflexes and a tolerance to pain, as well as much needed practical experience in combat. Done in a gym, with competent instruction, a person can expect to advance quickly in fighting ability. If you have no health issues, and even if you are of average build, you can become a competent fighter in less than a year.

True all around.
Get a good basics with boxing and mix in some of the nasty WWII Combative tricks of Fairbairn and Applegate and you have a man with a serious skillset.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Championship Fighting by Jack Dempsey    Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:42 pm

I must say, this book has been very informative on the science of the punch, especially the footwork and powerline.
Learning a lot here.
Back to top Go down
SkyMan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Championship Fighting by Jack Dempsey    Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:11 am

I like the illustrations too!
Back to top Go down
Silver Sentinel

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Championship Fighting by Jack Dempsey    Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:52 am

*BUMP*
Back to top Go down
Lionheart

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Championship Fighting by Jack Dempsey    Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:33 pm

Link don't work for me
Back to top Go down
Silver Sentinel

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Championship Fighting by Jack Dempsey    Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:42 am

New working link:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

About: Silver Sentinel is a security professional, licensed through the State of New York, and has received training in PPCT, Defensive Tactics, First Aid, I.C. Response, Haz-Mat Responder, Search & Rescue, MERT, CERT, Counter-Terrorism (not as fancy or cool as it sounds), and other skills through his job and activities as a community volunteer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Championship Fighting by Jack Dempsey    

Back to top Go down

Championship Fighting by Jack Dempsey
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1