Share | 

Curiously Specific Martial Arts Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Curiously Specific Martial Arts Question   Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:00 pm

Mega-Rad wrote:
I've given up on this idea, especially since I switched out what I use as poles.

All I do specifically for this is practice twirling around whatever items more for exercises, but eventually it builds up some muscle memory and I figure out a few showy moves.

Like my switch between "patrol mode" and "rest mode" on powerbocks with stilts in my hands gets a double take and some nervous laughter (occasionally) -- in full gear and especially to people who aren't sure what they're seeing it calls to mind a transformer transforming.

Just yesterday I was doing my Enter the Dragon impression with a pair of tee-ball bats...

"Flash" is rarely the best idea to achieve certain goals. For real fighting even an amateur like me knows to keep it simple. Flash works pretty good for impressing a group of kids or appearing not to be a threat. I expect it to work great on video.

yawn
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Curiously Specific Martial Arts Question   Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:09 pm

Don't be so cocky. I might save a powerful gypsy magician's life and get blessed with the ability to turn into a werewolf or something before our fight. Then won't you feel foolish.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Curiously Specific Martial Arts Question   Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:18 pm

Mega-Rad wrote:
Don't be so cocky. I might save a powerful gypsy magician's life and get blessed with the ability to turn into a werewolf or something before our fight. Then won't you feel foolish.

aheh, aheeeh, aheh heh heh heh hahahahahahahahahahaha
a heeeee heh hehe
whoooo!

L-f-larious!!

wooo hoooo

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curiously Specific Martial Arts Question   

Back to top Go down

Curiously Specific Martial Arts Question
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3