Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Sweet, I got P90X :D

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Sweet, I got P90X :D   Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:45 pm

I've heard from my other friends who've done it that although it's an intense workout, it really works out in the end. I'm both excited that I'm going to start this, but I'm also nervous as to how this is all going to work out.

Has anyone here done this before?
Back to top Go down
Dark Guardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Sweet, I got P90X :D   Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:30 pm

I'm starting it this Saturday
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sweet, I got P90X :D   Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:42 pm

I heard the original creator trains people in New York. If it's true, you could probably look into training with him if it's possible.
Back to top Go down
Dark Guardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Sweet, I got P90X :D   Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:14 am

I'm good with the DVD's. I'm already a fitness and martial arts instructor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sweet, I got P90X :D   Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:31 pm

I'll be able to start on p90x soon myself. My fiance has the dvds and I'll be able to start on it once we're done with the move. I'm actually pretty excited about it. bounce I've seen people really struggle with it, I'm very interested to have a go. The good work outs are the ones that make you feel like you're going to die afterwards.

I've been working out sans p90x in the mean time and I'm already feeling results. I'm more energetic and I don't tire out nearly as easily. I feel like I'm already toning up and it hasn't been all that long. I have a really slim build and a high metabolism, so I don't really have weight to lose, just muscle to build.

Incidentally, where I'm moving there is a very closeby self defense karate studio that offers a free month introduction. I will be looking into this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sweet, I got P90X :D   Sat May 01, 2010 10:17 am

The program arrived yesterday through UPS. I'm super excited to start it as well, but...

... the supplements. Apparently the regimen requires that you take the supplements that it sells separately in order to get maximum gains. I don't know anything about whey and other supplements, but they sell them for ~$40 for a tub that supposedly lasts about a month.

Are supplements normally priced at that range?
Back to top Go down
Sleepless

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Sweet, I got P90X :D   Sat May 01, 2010 4:58 pm

That sounds about right, I spend about $120 or so a month on supplements, and for a tub of my whey protein it's about $30 or so, so depending on what it is $40 sounds about right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sweet, I got P90X :D   Sat May 01, 2010 5:09 pm

For Whey Protein that is about what the gym I use to work out at and work at for a period priced theirs at. They had them as little as $20 for a small tub all the way up to $75 for a large tub. So $40 is right in the correct range.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sweet, I got P90X :D   Sat May 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Also the large tub or what would be considered the regular size at the gym I was at, would last about a month.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sweet, I got P90X :D   Sat May 01, 2010 6:27 pm

Personally, I use whey protein Isolate as a protein supplement. That's to day that I do not drink it on any sort of regimen. I find that it is beneficial to simply eat healthy, work out, then drink some whey if your protein intake for the day was lower than the ideal.
As for P90x, me and a friend of mine will be doing this workout together for a while, in my effort to get myself a RLSH partner Smile

Amazonia- $40 is defiantly the price range I like to land in for whey. My pocket book is the size where a dent, acts more like a gaping hole.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sweet, I got P90X :D   Mon May 03, 2010 9:04 pm

So yeah, I did my first DVD of P90X today. WOOOOOOOOOW. Mega hard. I mean I knew it was difficult to do to begin with, but MAN! Descending push-ups? I never even HEARD of that!

All in all it was a good workout. Did the majority of it horribly, but I did all of the exercises. The recovery drink really helped me a lot after the workout. It's allowing me to type!

-self-pats on back-
Back to top Go down
Badass

PostSubject: Re: Sweet, I got P90X :D   Thu May 06, 2010 9:02 pm

First post......

I was an alcoholic for a long time. Its only after disaster that you can be resurrected, so I cleaned up and have been training for over a year to hit the streets. P90X was and is one of the key workouts I go to at 5 in the morning before I head to work.

Very good choice for anyone who wants to get into super hero shape.

BA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sweet, I got P90X :D   Thu May 06, 2010 10:34 pm

Hey there...badass
Why don't you go and make a post in the intro section so we can welcome you proper?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sweet, I got P90X :D   Thu May 06, 2010 10:48 pm

I've heard good things.
But basically what it is is Confusion principal, "Shocking your Muscles" forces response & gains.

You could do the same at your Gym by maxing out one week & doing a lot of reps the next, Running for a few miles one week, & doing sprints the next. Etc.

Lately I'm in Love with kettlebell workouts, so I do that twice a week for about 30 Minutes, & train heavy the other three days. There's your confusion right there.

I hear P90 is a good way to do that. just remember that your body adapts quickly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sweet, I got P90X :D   Wed May 26, 2010 9:45 am

So yeah so far it's been several weeks of me doing P90X. I'm still kind of chunky, but I'm definitely losing weight. A lot of my friends think I look thinner than before. I've been on and off with the exercising because of school, but the diet has really stuck (High protein, low carbs, etc.). It truly does work great.

Need to get on the ball with the exercises though.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Sweet, I got P90X :D   Wed May 26, 2010 3:06 pm

I belive that anything you can do in the gym I can also do in the playgrounds
Back to top Go down
Sunblade

PostSubject: Re: Sweet, I got P90X :D   Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:26 pm

Definitely worked for me in terms of endurance. I would say however that those with knee issues should be careful with the Plyometrics segment.
Back to top Go down
AoM

PostSubject: Re: Sweet, I got P90X :D   Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:23 pm

Just a thought, what if we post our before and during pictures? It would definitely make for some nice motivation. Smile (and no one would be made fun of. We're on this forum because we're all genuinely good people wanting to make a positive change.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sweet, I got P90X :D   

Back to top Go down

Sweet, I got P90X :D
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1