empathy?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Herz

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: empathy?   Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:52 am

i think empathy is missing in the skill list
but it´s importend to understand who living creatures are thinking. If you good at it you can retun combat dog into a cuddy.
or reasure a wild cow. or simply take some wight from a scard or hopeles person.
Back to top Go down
Cornelius Brunner

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: empathy?   Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:35 pm

Empathy is more of an attribute than a skill IMO.
But negotiation is an important skill. Learning NLP or psychology can help you talk someone down, or talk your way out of a bad situation.
Back to top Go down
omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: empathy?   Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:17 am

Now, this is a topic that matters.
Back to top Go down
2 0 4

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: empathy?   Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:15 am

Indeed. I haven't always been very capable of empathy, and I thought that was my strength, but it's not. Without empathy, we become blinded to the bigger picture; like getting tunnel vision, and you don't even realize it until you can really see yourself and see how monstrous you've become (not directing this at you Omen, or anyone in particular; just generally speaking.) Valuing life is not weakness, and disregarding it is not strength. 

Back to top Go down
omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: empathy?   Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:51 pm

For some, the endeavor to understand and embrace empathy is as difficult. It is something that is distant from natural, because it involves moving one’s self, back a step to allow another to move to the forefront of their thoughts.

This is something that I could not comprehend in my youth.

“What you practice is what you do best; for this is a double-edged sword.”

Those of us, especially men, who view empathy a certain way… one thing is proven, it should never be thrown in the ‘weakness’ category as a sickness to stay away from.

Empathy, just like many other abilities, is not good or bad. It simply allows more understanding of another’s perspective. It is something that must be practiced constantly in order to receive the riches it brings.

I still struggle with it, but I have learned the power of its practice. It has made friends become CLOSE-friends, and strangers to become friends.

People cherish others who take the time to understand them, for it is all to easy to find the masses who could not care less.

-Omen
Back to top Go down
DarkShadow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: empathy?   Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:08 pm

I ran out of empathy when 9/11 happened.

People have to work me VERY hard to gain genuine empathy from yours truly. I must admit, it is there, it just has to be reached thru many barriers i've put up over the years.
Back to top Go down
Blue Stranger

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: empathy?   Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:50 am

I see empathy as a skill. I think we have it naturally for people similar to ourselves, but it takes dedication and practice to understand and learn from people with different perspectives and backgrounds.
Back to top Go down
Equal

PostSubject: Re: empathy?   Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:12 am

I teach social skills. Empathy is a wierd one. A lot of it can be learned, but a big part of it is instinct. Because our fellows have way more body language than we can consciously analyze good enough to understand their POV.

We can learn to understand major cues, like forehead wrinkles ect, but it's mostly intuition. Female brains (posessed by most women, some men) is a lot better at this because of their ability to analyze feelings and facts unseperated. I have abselutly NO idea how that's possible, making it even more impressive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: empathy?   

Back to top Go down

empathy?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1