Share | 

Generic Fitness Planning?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Faust

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Generic Fitness Planning?   Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:08 pm

How does everyone else stay or get into shape and maintain fitness? 
For me, I like to do things systematically; I do mobility work, foam rolling and sport yoga for half an hour to loosen up my joints, help with blood flow and activate my muscles so I can perform and recover better later, then I do olympic lifts with are essentially almost entirely a CNS-driven workout that need to be done while fresh. After my CNS is primed I tone it down and work on powerlifting/powerbuilding workouts that put stress on my nervous system but also on my metabolism, and then I finish off with dumbbell work for bodybuilding and metabolism. 
So basically→Joints→High CNS/Low Muscle metabolism→Moderately high CNS/Muscle Metabolism→Low CNS/High Muscle metabolism.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Generic Fitness Planning?   Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:34 pm

Back to top Go down
Equal

PostSubject: Re: Generic Fitness Planning?   Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:38 pm

Bought a house next to a running track, built me a home gym and is eating healthy. I like to do things simple. Calculate a new workout plan every eight weeks, with six weeks training and two weeks rest.
Back to top Go down
Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Generic Fitness Planning?   Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:32 pm

Frankly I'm not all that sure that a lot of training has to be individualized. When I was drafted into the Army we had fat thin and in shape folks. We all did the same things ate the same food and had the same training. Kind of why it was called basic training. LOL. During training the fat guys lost weight the skinny guys gained weight and the in shape guys stayed the same. Plus we all learned basic skills needed to survive in war time. Sure special training to get special skills. But getting in shape so you aren't a couch potato or Internet only hero not so much.

Superman
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Generic Fitness Planning?   Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:30 pm

I'm not all that sure that the Army has an special skills. They're the grunts, the foot soldiers, the cannon fodder/pawns on the chess board. Special Forces have special skills; like Green Berets, SEALs, Marines, Rangers etc. I know what you mean though; we had the same sort of thing at the Alaska Military Youth Academy. Good physical fitness and some good team-building exercises; one in particular was pretty interesting. There were 72 of us total; half from one side of the barracks and the other half from the other side of the barracks. It was all one "barracks" but it was divided down the middle...I forget the name of the airforce base it was on; it was a joint military base somewhere near Anchorage....Ah, Elmendorf Airforce Base and the Richardson Airforce base if I recall correctly. But yeah; during the team-builder exercise all 72 of us had to silently communicate with each other and organize our group into a giant circle; once we had that accomplished, and still without talking, we all had to turn the same direction and sit down on the lap of the person behind us at the exact same time. We were out in the rainy courtyards for quite a while before we all finally nailed it haha. After boot camp the fat guys were thin, the thin guys were bigger and the fit guys stayed the same. Got to go in a blackhawk, but it was mostly ust a little treat; I learned more about choppers working for the DOF than at AMYA lol. 

Stay true. Stay free. Stay safe.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Generic Fitness Planning?   Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:33 pm

@Equal: House next to a track?! JEALOUS! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Generic Fitness Planning?   Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:27 pm

I've been working out with Darebee workouts, as much as possible. They're ideal for me, because I can do them in relatively restricted spaces, with little to no equipment, and still get a good workout. They also have information on dietary requirements, recipes, and other stuff. Being free, that's another bonus for me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Generic Fitness Planning?   

Back to top Go down

Generic Fitness Planning?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1