Share | 

RLSH - New Era of Heroing (Evolution)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: RLSH - New Era of Heroing (Evolution)   Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:23 pm

Question: Is there a RLSH Movement anymore or are there simply RLSHs that are out there doing their own thing?

I ask this because there is definitely a need for something different to happen to effect change with all the madness proliferating across the media.

We are in a dark time and yet a hopeful moment. We are in a phase of global transition, thanks to the internet, in which the world is hungry to start its journey to become one living and breathing community made up of accepted diversity.

Tradition does NOT like this change!

The ‘old’ world made up of the old ways, old thoughts, and old techniques is struggling to make its stand against this phase of progress and with it comes a new way of war - the war to stop tomorrow from being different than today.

Fear is the gun, hate the bullet, and embraced-ignorance is the shooter.

Where are the heroes? They are truly needed.

Blue-collar crime has evolved into white-collar crimes. Physical assaults have been dwarfed by intellectual slaughter. Look at the water situation in Flint, Michigan. In the old days, one would worry more about getting mugged in the park at night, NOW, a community has to worry about lead in their drinking water, the new rashes on their skin, and the loss of ‘normalcy’ for the next generation of youth because of the effects this contaminated poison had on their children.

This madness was brought to light by our new age of heroes, warriors of intellect, instead of our elder-age of heroes… the physical protectors.

While we, on this forum, discuss weapons, armor, fighting techniques, gadgets, and pepper spray… the same as we have been doing for the last 6 years, the landscape of crime, evil, and apathy has evolved. We have hackers. We have poisoners. We have identity-thieves. We have a new level of enemies.

Intellectual ‘villains’ are now, many times, two steps ahead of physical protectors (police, firemen, and even the military) because their methods of procedure can be downloaded, studied, and worked around, based upon their simple reaction times to a given situation.

Intellectual-villains harness quiet power and use it at their leisure, while the physical-villain tends to be a beast-of-opportunity, often needing a leader and group for elaborate plans. Intellects, in contrast, number higher on the anti-social scale and function just fine alone.

RLSHs know what it is like to be different… and are willing to accept it. This is something that could be a strength in this new age.

Where are our conversations of Race, Religion, Creeds, and new era thoughts? Why do we shrug away from them when they are so critical in teaching the art of communication? We do not have to agree on everything, but it cannot hurt to learn how to talk civilly about tough topics. In fact, HOW we speak teaches those watching, techniques in how they can express themselves when placed in a similar situation.

We, on this forum, have degraded to simple and ambiguous comments, fragments, and sentences merely waiting for a thought to be ripped with an opinion, as participation on that thread goes silent after.

I have said this before, “Those who are lost, tend to find a direction from those they perceive as knowing where they are headed.” When a leader answers in a short quip, a follower learns this technique. When a leader answers invitingly with knowledge, a follower participates and seeks wisdom.’

How do we address the separation of Race, Religion, beliefs in your area?

Where are these undergrounds websites spewing hate and tapping into those in your area for recruitment?

What Causes are going on in your community, that should be shared with the world?

How can you make your community aware of RLSHs and have them login to ask questions they would like to know?

In conclusion, this is a community, but a community without a bond, is nothing more than group. There are so many opportunities and I know that there are those who seek to act on them, they just waiting on someone to start something. That why they login every day, look for what’s new, post nothing, and log off.

If someone doesn’t start something, all of this will simply fade away.

Why don’t we take the gloves off and dig into some of these NEW real world challenges, even if its difficult. Heck, anyone can stay quiet, but how much forward movement is created from that?

-Omen, “Heroes aren’t made during good times!” -The Elite Forces Division
Back to top Go down
The Web

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH - New Era of Heroing (Evolution)   Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:27 am

I think the issue with pursuing the 'Intellectual' criminal as you put it is that it does, indeed, require a very specific set of skills and occasionally specialized equipment or permissions. (Excepting other sorts of hackers, who for good or ill just... do things) But, in order to pursue the white collar criminal, you need access to his information. To his network.

I'll admit to a severe lack of ability with computers for instance. While I like to think I'm at least capable of some decent levels of analysis and reasoning, it's hard to be very proactive with that without the ability to get information from sources beyond what's ALREADY on the internet or the news.

On the other hand, the statement has been made that it is better to have a mission or a goal as opposed to simply going around and looking for... what? Crimes to thwart? Random opportunities to help another? If you want to get the RLSH back into the community's eye that's the way to go about it, I would think. Charity drives, community outreach and so on. The costumes are bright, colorful, and attention getting (a lot of the time) so... USE that attention to draw focus to your work.

But, I think you and I are more or less in agreement.

There's also, you should consider, the simple fact that... maybe some of the RLSH just simply enjoy being the 'Physical Protector'.

As to the degradation of the RLSH community, though, I can only ask: Was it ever that big to begin with? There were a handful of people who's names became well known but there was also little (that I was aware of) centralization. So the drift is only natural. The closest thing the community has to a face at the moment is Phoenix Jones. At least, he's the only one who still gets coverage that I've seen.
Back to top Go down
Cornelius Brunner

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH - New Era of Heroing (Evolution)   Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:04 am

We could always fake an attack by alien invaders to get all the nations of the world to work together...
Back to top Go down
Equal

PostSubject: Re: RLSH - New Era of Heroing (Evolution)   Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:16 am

I dropped the RLSH persona and got organized. One of the activities is SAR and holding first aid classes (financing the SAR activity).

The other is more intresting, a facebook started somewhat organization investigating a fraud network exploiting flaws in the legal system, and helping the victims fighting back. We are very successful, used media, and the victim support is draining their ecconomy. Now they are losing money. They have also gotten problems getting services from licensed accountants, because few will involve themself into their companies anymore, after it's a known fact that they are ciminals. To bad lawyers don't have the same professional ethics.

Old problem, but new times give new ways of solving them. No reason dealing with a challenge because it's new. I belive we have to focus more on new solutions.
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH - New Era of Heroing (Evolution)   Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:53 pm

Equal wrote:
I dropped the RLSH persona and got organized. 

I have begun volunteering for the Red Cross in disaster services.  I also hope to reduce gender-based discrimination and maltreatment through scientific research and women's empowerment.  I was never particularly interested in patrolling the streets wearing a costume.  I want to work on practical solutions to large societal problems.
Back to top Go down
Blue Stranger

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH - New Era of Heroing (Evolution)   Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:10 pm

I thought for a while I might do the physical RLSH thing, but it doesn't feel right for me. I'm looking into work in law enforcement and other public service instead. I remain interested in the mission of this community, however, and in contributing to the health of this community. I think everyone drawn to RLSH is fundamentally on the same side, and I want to have more discussions as omen is suggesting on the subject of heroism in the modern age.

(By the way, omen, still working on that story. I haven't forgotten.)
Back to top Go down
omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH - New Era of Heroing (Evolution)   Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:49 pm

Excellent, Blue Stranger! Don’t give up… creating takes talent and skill. Writing takes determination and discipline.

Taking the responses that have been posted and placing them beside each other, valuable opportunities are outlined and presented in a beautiful way as an answer to my premise without me saying a word.

We have:

Analysis and Reasoning
SAR and Training
Science and Research
Legal and Politics

Each of these alone can be a challenge for any individual to perform, but when challenges from each of them are shared with the community, something amazing can happen when dealing with them… new ideas can be injected into the equations from different perspectives.

Example:

Idea Man wants to address gender-based discrimination and maltreatment within the Disaster Services field. He has started with the Red Cross and approaches it from the aspect of Data Collection. Data is nothing more than disorganized information, while information is organized data for interpretation.

While studying the Red Cross gives him great data, our other RLSH comrade, Equal can provide deeper insight into Idea Man’s endeavor by bringing his knowledge of Search-And-Rescue and First Aid to the table. His input on gender inclusion could ‘raise an eyebrow’ to the scope of this issue… IF it exists (Idea Man will have to prove it).

Once Idea Man organizes the data into graphs, charts, and spreadsheets, along with the information he gathered from Equal, he could then work with The Web to bring it all together by using his deductive skills to analyze patterns Idea Man may be missing or even areas that will require more data to discern the correct information.

Once clear patterns can be established and the source of them can be identified, such as rules, policies, laws, or… "because it’s always been like that", Blue Stranger can step in by handling the legal side of things. He can research the laws and regulations that have had an impact on these issues, as well as the dates the laws were made and implemented. Hell, he could at the least, bring attention to whether or not, the problem might simply be that the old ways of doing things are flat out biased and out of date.

The public service (politics) portion of the challenge is also up Blue Stranger’s alley, as he could do the research as to whom the key people would be to review and actually begin a change to an issue, such as this, that has slid under the radar for so long.

Militaristically, we call this an OPERATION (Op). It is broken into multiple missions in which key Operators (RLSHs) handle the missions that fit their expertise. The Op should be given clear, concise, and quantifiable Objectives, as well as be broken into phases separated by Milestones. Each phase should have a timeline for completion, as should the entire Op. Success or Failure of the Op is determined by all of the Objectives being obtained by the deadline established for the full Operation.

THIS is how RLSHs could work together. This is how our community could work. It is a new-world challenge based upon an old-world way that things have been done. No one has to travel, patrol, purchase gear, or use martial-arts in an alley. All it requires is a willingness to get involved and help.

There are some REALLY smart people on this forum, and it kills me when we get a taste of their intellect amidst the slews of quick quips. I say that we tap into some of these high IQs and use them to solve some of the challenges that this community CAN make a difference with.

Keep the comments and discussion going, guys!

-Omen, “Heroes aren’t made during good times!” – The Elite Forces Division
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH - New Era of Heroing (Evolution)   Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:08 am

This is where I come in, with narrating instructional manuals and (hopefully,) inspirational videos. One person can only do so much. One man, patrolling the streets, looking for crime, especially standing out with a look that represents an ideal, is both a target, and the #1 most visible operator out there. If anybody could be the hero, criminals won't know who to target or where it's safe to commit their crimes; especially if they see material that tells them as much. The same thing goes with humanitarian aide of any sort. If you have one person, representing an ideal, standing out when they do their work, it causes a bystander effect: everybody thinks they can rely on that one person, so nobody does anything to contribute to the cause. If, however, all they know is that any of them could be the ones contributing, they're more likely to go out and contribute on their own; make it anonymous, and anybody could get the glory, which will, more likely than not, make more people want to contribute. Of course, if they know what they're doing, it makes it so much easier for them to improve their lives, the lives of others in need, and their communities, which is why sharing publicly available material is so important. To me, the RLSH moniker, the look, the catchphrases... they all serve their practical purposes, in inspiring community activism and eliminating the bystander effect; if it could be anybody under the mask, or inside the suit, more people will get excited, and want to take up the same position, which means more people united for the common cause of the common good.

In the past few months, I've gotten questions from newbies, just starting out, and it's not like I have tenure or anything. They come to me for advice, and it makes me feel good; not because of them coming to me for advice, but because I can see that my efforts are paying off. People are waking up to the realization that they can make a difference, and they can express who they are on the inside, while they do it. The bystander effect is slipping; it will just take a lot of time and effort.
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH - New Era of Heroing (Evolution)   Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:02 am

omen wrote:
Idea Man wants to address gender-based discrimination and maltreatment within the Disaster Services field.

I meant that two of my interests are disaster services and women's empowerment.  Not that I think there is discrimination against women working specifically within the disaster services field.  One connection between those two interests is some research that indicates that the likelihood of a woman becoming the victim of a violent assault increases during a disaster situation.  I would like to develop demographic-based disaster preparedness plans.  Instead of one generic program for all adults, I think that there should be different advice for people of different income levels, family status, gender, etc.
Back to top Go down
The Web

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH - New Era of Heroing (Evolution)   Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:07 am

Actually, this all sounds like a pretty good scenario. Letting everyone pool their talents and interests into one massed effort. With travel being my biggest hurdle and a lack of ability to bring these things to myself (perhaps too many detective stories have spoiled me as I wait for something odd to come up like the 'Sandringham Mystery' a couple years back) and then look into it.

And this approach HAS worked out nicely. There was a large website dedicated to a serial killer called the 'Grim Sleeper'. And to my understanding, some of the credit to his eventual capture was that the site brought as much of the evidence and information together into a centralized location AS WELL as getting an active community of people examining the details, spinning theories, and sharing stories of the involved locations/people/suspects/victims and so on.
Back to top Go down
The Black Stampede

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: RLSH - New Era of Heroing (Evolution)   Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:26 pm

Cornelius Brunner wrote:
We could always fake an attack by alien invaders to get all the nations of the world to work together...
Though perhaps not quite that, I do believe that outer space holds the solution to human conflict. Namely, promotion of enthusiasm towards its exploration. It is something that allows us to act and to achieve, not as representatives of a country or culture, but as representatives of our species and planet. The one thing which is common to every continent, every nation, every race, religion, civilisation, every person, is curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Blue Stranger

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH - New Era of Heroing (Evolution)   Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:51 am

You forgot to include yourself in that Op, Omen. Your initial organization and planning, and setting up those milestones, is the step I want to see in any project before I get started. Your leadership/command experience is a great asset when mobilizing the abilities of a group and turning vague aims into concrete targets. I'm certainly on board for analysis and research when the time comes. (Idea Man--if you're looking for fresh data, you might check out what's been going on lately with damage from storms and emergency response within the United States.)
Back to top Go down
omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH - New Era of Heroing (Evolution)   Wed May 25, 2016 10:59 pm

I came across an interesting need that I would like to share with the RLSH community for brainstorming:

One of the requirements for one of my certifications, is volunteering my skills. Normally, I work with healthcare, legal, and engineering type companies… this year I worked with ‘caregiving youths’.

Caregiving youths are children that are taking care of their invalid parents with little to no aid. I have seen children 12 to 17yrs old, trying to care for parents with various illnesses, mental challenges, and/or worse.

Some go to school and mow yards in the afternoon for $10 to buy supplies for the house. One was 15yrs old and worked with his friend fixing computers for $25 dollars a pop. He takes care of his grandmother with the funds. On girl, around 13 or 14, has a morbidly obese mother that can’t leave the bed. They stay in a single bedroom apartment and she sleeps on the sofa.

All of them have one thing in common, they became so desperate they ended up coming to the non-profit I was working with for help.  I watched some of them crying in the office while speaking with counselors.
Many of these children are on the verge of giving up on hope.

In a passing conversation with one, I spoke about Real Life Superheroes and I saw something amazing… I saw interest. We joked about it at first and then more and more questions were asked about you guys. I told them about Idea Man’s struggle with weight and how he wouldn’t give up, even as disappointment visited him often trying to be his best friend. This struck a chord with the kid.

I told him how some of you guys dress up, go on patrol, and feed the homeless. I told him that many of you are 'far-from-rich', but all of you know that there is something greater out there. It was enough for me to steal an authentic smile from his original fake grin.

This reminded me of the potential within this community and those of you who believe in service to others without being asked. It reminded me of what first brought me here.

This specific kid did not have a computer or internet access. I am trying to work with some of my clients to donate their old computers to this non-profit.

There are a lot of organizations out there that would benefit from Real Life Superheroes and their special skills.

Are any of you working with non-profits that could share information and ideas with others in order to give direction as to how they can get involved?

-Omen, "Heroes aren't made during good times?" - The Elite Forces Division
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH - New Era of Heroing (Evolution)   Wed May 25, 2016 11:07 pm

omen wrote:
I told them about Idea Man’s struggle with weight and how he wouldn’t give up, even as disappointment visited him often trying to be his best friend. This struck a chord with the kid.

Well, that's cool.   Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RLSH - New Era of Heroing (Evolution)   Thu May 26, 2016 8:56 am

I prefer to do my own thing; I don't even identify as an RLSH, (before Omen goes getting his panties up in a bunch and shouting "THEN WHY ARE YOU HERE?!" it should be noted that "Non-Rlsh" actually is an option for members on here.)

My focus is the WWASPS and everyone else like them. I'll let other heroes deal with the issues they feel are important; this one is important to me, personal to me, and nobody else seems to give a shit enough to do a goddamn thing about it, so I guess I have to. It's a moral obligation. Change will come, and the world will be a brighter, better, and safer place for the very Future of Humanity: the children. 

Wished there were more superheroes focused on protecting children who need it the most. Lonely road.
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH - New Era of Heroing (Evolution)   Thu May 26, 2016 9:02 am

Star Guy wrote:
Wished there were more superheroes focused on protecting children who need it the most. Lonely road.

I have tried to focus on child prostitution before.  I was never able to get anywhere with that issue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RLSH - New Era of Heroing (Evolution)   Thu May 26, 2016 4:29 pm

I think I actually remember that; huh, maybe you could talk to your local police departments about anything like that in your area?

Also, I would be more than happy to find you a list of abusive RTCs in your area. Things go on in those facilities that are every bit as bad, if not even worse than the horrors that occur in the child prostitution rings. Just google "Deaths at a Residential Treatment Centers". The list is nearly endless; I still havn't been able to count all the names.
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH - New Era of Heroing (Evolution)   Sat May 28, 2016 2:04 am

omen wrote:
Caregiving youths are children that are taking care of their invalid parents with little to no aid. I have seen children 12 to 17yrs old, trying to care for parents with various illnesses, mental challenges, and/or worse.

I had not heard that this was an issue for a lot of families.  It is sad.   Sad

I saw this video about it:

Back to top Go down
omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH - New Era of Heroing (Evolution)   Sat May 28, 2016 2:52 am

Thank you for posting this! This is the exact group that I was speaking of. The organization is called AACY (American Association of Caregiving Youth) and the staff and these kids are true heroes!!

Some of them are going through some trying endeavors, so when they heard about RLSHs, it was like magic!!

There are a ton of non-profits, such as this, out there that RLSHs could have an impact on just by sharing their energy with those that are starving to see a light in their daily tunnel of darkness, called life.

Idea Man... YOU are one of the type of RLSHs that would be a positive impact on kids like this!

With Blue Stranger researching and organizing the non-profits a RLSH team could impact the most - whether local or remote, operations of aid and inspiration can still be coordinated in this age of the internet. Equal’s First Aid training would be great for a handy-care RLSH manual or video.  Anyman’s inspirational videos talents could drive his message to a level further than the written word, as Black Stampede brings laughs and wisdom as a much needed chorus.

This entire scenario, while simply proposed as an idea, clearly displays that the talents and abilities to bring together something great DOES, in fact, exist in this community.

The forum is HUNGRY for the Real Life Superheroes Movement to gain traction again!

-Omen, “Heroes aren’t made during good times!” – The Elite Forces Division
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RLSH - New Era of Heroing (Evolution)   Sat May 28, 2016 2:59 am

Coolness! Smile
Back to top Go down
dcguardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: RLSH - New Era of Heroing (Evolution)   Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:23 am

omen. . .those are great questions. . .as a group. . .I believe there has been a focus. . .a connection if you will. . .everyone here. . .old and new are individuals. . .and as individuals have sought to help the world according to their talents and courage. . .some here don't wear capes or masks or use other names. . .I tell people. . .that each rlsh who lives across this world fights a specific battle. . .crime. . .hunger. . .homelessness. . .drugs. . .rapes. . .the list can go on and on. . .my point being is everyone sees the battle that is in front of them. . .I do not fight the same battle as dark guardian because I am not in his area. . .and the same goes for phoenix jones. . .or thanatos. . .or anyone you can think of. . .each battle is different. . .the techniques to fight those battles are just as different. . .the face of battle for each is different. . .but the war is the same and that is why this place exists. . .it gives everyone a place to learn. . .to vent. . .and yes sometimes chill. . .I say this because my fight is public. . .zero or crimson fist or urban avenger or life's may not be. . .each one of us choose to fight in the conditions we live with. . .which means we have a very thin connection. . .I like many here. . .I learn from everyone here. . .and that to me is what is important. . .I've seen people come and go. . .each one has brought something to the table. . .each one is an example. . .some good. . .some bad. . .but sharing ideas. . .thoughts. . .and skills helps those who need it. . .it may seem trivial at the time. . .and you may never see the results. . .but each thread has some nugget of wisdom that arrives on scene when someone needs it. . .deep thought occurs here. . .so does silliness. . .and each one is vital to survival. . .testing the boundaries with ideas and pushing people to examine themselves is good. . .but not everyone will be ready when we reach that point. . .but putting it out there will help everyone to include ourselves step forward. . .dc
Back to top Go down
Iron Lamb

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: RLSH - New Era of Heroing (Evolution)   Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:51 am

Wow, Well said, DC!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RLSH - New Era of Heroing (Evolution)   Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:26 pm

Indeed; eloquently said indeed. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RLSH - New Era of Heroing (Evolution)   

Back to top Go down

RLSH - New Era of Heroing (Evolution)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1