Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Could I get some updates / highlights of the past year in RLSH?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Could I get some updates / highlights of the past year in RLSH?   Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:33 pm

It has been about a year since I have been active on this forum.  I tried to log in a while ago, and was not able to do so.  I thought that the forum no longer existed.  But then I recently got a message about a reply to one of my old posts.

So, what has everyone been up to?  What is the news from the world of RLSH?
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Could I get some updates / highlights of the past year in RLSH?   Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:01 pm

204 was here, caused trouble, got banned. Came back with multiple simultaneous accounts, caused trouble on all of them, got banned. Just recently got banned, like this week recently, and maybe still has one account. Other than that, some good new members like draemer, who seem to be interesting as well as interested.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Could I get some updates / highlights of the past year in RLSH?   Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:02 pm

What has been keeping you occupied these days?
Back to top Go down
Cornelius Brunner

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Could I get some updates / highlights of the past year in RLSH?   Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:35 pm

Science! I love science. You can never have enough science. Or helicopters.
Back to top Go down
Blue Stranger

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Could I get some updates / highlights of the past year in RLSH?   Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:52 am

Some new faces around, as you can see. We're uncertain about the status of Thanatos. Users in Vancouver haven't seen him lately.
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Could I get some updates / highlights of the past year in RLSH?   Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:28 pm

Gauge wrote:
What has been keeping you occupied these days?

I have been working as a tutor.  And I am preparing to apply for a PhD program in January.  I want to do research on societal problems and prevention programs.
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Could I get some updates / highlights of the past year in RLSH?   Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:41 pm

Here is a picture of me meeting Felicia Day:

Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Could I get some updates / highlights of the past year in RLSH?   Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:43 pm

To be totally honest with you,  not a whole lot. I take it you aren't on Facebook?

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Could I get some updates / highlights of the past year in RLSH?   Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:03 am

Urban Avenger wrote:
To be totally honest with you,  not a whole lot. I take it you aren't on Facebook?

I haven't used Facebook for anything RLSH related in a long time, but I do use it.
Back to top Go down
Geist

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Could I get some updates / highlights of the past year in RLSH?   Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:13 am

There was a good meet-up of RLSHs in Chicago. Nine of us got together for an all-day patrol hosted by Crusader Prime and Wraith. We helped a whole lot of people that day. It was about a month or so ago now.
Back to top Go down
Geist

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Could I get some updates / highlights of the past year in RLSH?   Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:14 am

I had forgotten that this forum is still active, but it is, thanks to Urban Avenger. I might pop in now and then. Who knows?
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Could I get some updates / highlights of the past year in RLSH?   Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:20 am

Yeah!

PostSubject: Re: Could I get some updates / highlights of the past year in RLSH?   Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:26 pm

In europe we got a refugee crisis. An event that need more recources than the goverments can deliver, so volunteers have been welcomed, especially volunteers with medical skills. Not much time for boredom.
Back to top Go down
DarkShadow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Could I get some updates / highlights of the past year in RLSH?   Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:56 pm

Still trying to balance my personal life with RLSH stuff. Spending more time with my kids, looking for (and finally found) a lair/base of ops to continue the rebirth of my persona and operations, so to speak. Still looking for funding sources, spending some quality time with the gf...and doing other, shadowy type stuff.
Back to top Go down
Blue Stranger

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Could I get some updates / highlights of the past year in RLSH?   Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:21 pm

Holy shoot, it's Geist! It's fantastic to see you around here and to hear about that recent team-up.
Back to top Go down
Iron Lamb

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Could I get some updates / highlights of the past year in RLSH?   Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:20 pm

Good to see people are still hanging around...
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Could I get some updates / highlights of the past year in RLSH?   Fri May 27, 2016 7:43 pm

Iron Lamb wrote:
Good to see people are still hanging around...

Too bad there are not more participants that are still active.

And healthy.

And without personality disorders. 

Laughing
Back to top Go down
omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Could I get some updates / highlights of the past year in RLSH?   Fri May 27, 2016 9:28 pm

AGREED.

As soon as a thread is hijacked by 'he-we-shall-not-mention', many of us stop posting. Once he begins, the thread quickly becomes about him and his issues.

The last one I shared about the Caregiving Youths was honestly about you guys and how good I felt sharing the things that you all have done and inspired others to do.

In no time flat... 'he-we-shall-not-mention', responded and started in about himself. At that point... I just left it alone.

-Omen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could I get some updates / highlights of the past year in RLSH?   Sat May 28, 2016 2:38 am

In the past year, Dark Shadow has been upgrading his Superhero Lair, a bunch of newbies have been working on their armor and weapons like they actually have a good reason for becoming a superhero. The Eye, (the veteran) got fed up playing by the rules too; he's decided to become a vigilante instead. Nightmare had a bunch of mood swings, I had a bunch of mood swings, and some new guy named Beast Boy showed up; pretty sure he's just a troll though. Idea Man has been working on a new method of training dogs to spot attackers to work towards his PHD, Discordia and Dark Ghost had a kid, and then the child was tricked into the custody of a wicked stepmother; they're in the process of getting lawyers to defeat the evil villainess and save the princess from her clutches. Tothian formed another new weird group and started saying anyone who wouldn't follow him was an evil member of the Illuminati World Order as per his usual whacked out psycho bullshit. Artisteroi and a few others tried to initiate a mass use of "ID" badges to further "officialize" the RLSH while making up all their own rules for what a superhero is or isn't, thus sparking a miniature and very petty/trivial "Civil War" amongst the superheroes, and I ended my career in politics in 2015 when I finally decided to accept that the System is fucked and useless when it comes to stopping a politically affected multibillion dollar fortune 500 company; regardless of the countless dead bodies that keep piling up; it's too far out of control now after all these decades anyway for any conventional means to stop it.

In other news, Leviathan is still missing and Master Legend has been trying to track him down to no avail. We're kinda worried something bad might have happened to him. There's also a new up and coming supervillain team calling itself "The Social Villain Alliance;" seems like they're the "good" kind that call RLSH out when they're being stupid; Geist's drunken weekend rants where many friendships get ruined for example and we see a side to the jolly green giant which is otherwise unseen. Personally, I can look past it and don't get all the hoop-la; we've had our disagreements but Geist and I always make up and are currently still friends. 

Let's see....what else has been going on...not much.

And THAT'S a real update of the highlights in the past year of the RLSH you guys. Sheesh. 

--204 (He-Whom-We-Shall-Not-Mention-But-Whom-Always-Gets-Fucking-Mentioned-Anyways *rolls eyes*)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could I get some updates / highlights of the past year in RLSH?   

Back to top Go down

Could I get some updates / highlights of the past year in RLSH?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1