View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Swift_Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Drug network   Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:59 pm

The area I live in isn't bad for drugs but it does have a lot of gang related violence which I assume is related in someway to drugs. Most of the people my age are reckless, selfish and don't really care for their future and decide to turn to drugs and being in a gang and taking that sort of lifestyle. I've heard of someone I knew having their house searched on two occasions and the police had found up to 5 grand in cash and 2 shotguns. I know that this person got this from dealing drugs. Quite frankly, I'm pretty sick of seeing nice people that I know turn to that lifestyle and acting like that is what they want out of their life, and I want to try and change that. There has to be someway that these people get the drugs into where I live and distribute it around. My crazy way of thinking is that if I found, produced evidence and took that evidence to the police, would they be able to stop them? and in result of stopping them, the drugs wouldn't be able to get in or around here. If anyone's got any advice with taking down drug dealers or finding and giving evidence to the law I would really really appreciate it. This is going to be my first big operation so I'm going to need all the help I can get. Thank you.

Swift.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drug network   Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:40 pm

I had the same problem. I'm sorry to tell you this, but you can't stop them, nor can the police. It has to be their own choice, they have to want to change. As much as we may want to, we can't make anyone do anything, in the end it's their decision. Trying to make an addict stop using drugs is like trying to herd cats; it's next to impossible.
Jail won't help them either, and can make the problem worse. They meet new contacts and clients there, jail is an excelent place to find addicts. I had no knowledge of drugs before I was arrested, but when I got out, I had learned quite a bit and heard a lot of folks talking quite favorably of some of the substances, so naturally, I was curious and ended up experimenting a little and became a drug addict, seeking kindred spirits to smoke with and made some friends in low places. My advice for your situation comes from what my mother did for me, she was an addict as well but decided to make some healthier choices by switching to e cigs and herbal vaporizors.
Back to top Go down
Swift_Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Drug network   Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:47 pm

Oh I'm not that addict, I just wish that I could change people or make them see what effect it's having on people that they're supplying for. I guess that no matter how hard people try, some human natures are pretty damn strong. I still do feel strong about getting rid of guns and other weapons in my area somehow, it's just hard to know where to start.

Swift.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drug network   Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:56 pm

I gave it a try as well and within a week I was more energetic, breathing easier, not coughing, and getting out more. It was amazing how much my attitude and mood had changed without the nast tars, noxious gasses and carcinogens, plus it was way cleane and saved lots of money. 
I spent more time with friends and family as opposed to my "homies in da hood" and learned how important it is to have around you good friends and family who truly have your best interest at heart. Eventually, I kicked the hard stuff by surrounding myself with good people, a checks and balances system so to speak. We all need a support group of good folks to help keep our heads on straight and true to our path. We like to think we can do it all on our own, but we can't, sometimes even superheroes need help. Smile
So start small, if a friend of yours smokes pot or cigerettes, probably both, tell him about E-Cigs and Herbal Vaporizors, I can tell you from firsthand experience that it could be the start of a remarkable series of changes. =)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drug network   Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:57 pm

I'm on a PS3 with only so much typing space, that last message was a continuation of the first XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drug network   Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:02 pm

I was reccomending you try encouraging ecigs and vaporizers to smokers, it's a small but great first step in a series of changes for the better.
Back to top Go down
Swift_Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Drug network   Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:08 pm

These smokers aren't just smokers, they're violent, selfish and they're all quick tempered. Trying to reason with these people is unheard of, and talking one down is crazy. I don't mean to sound ignorant but that's just how they are. No one knows why they're like it, it's just how things turned out. I'm not even talking about 4/5, I'm talking 100/200 of them distributed into small gangs, they all connected by some sort of drug network, everyone knows this but I don't think anyone has found any real proof. Honestly, there's no reasoning with them. A friend of mine was walking home with his girlfriend this one time and a group of them stopped him and her. The group asked for a cigarette lighter, which the girlfriend had one, she gave it to them and then one of the group headbutted my friend leaving him with a huge scar through his eyebrow. This is happening everyday yet I've seen no real change impact them. 

Swift.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drug network   Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:53 pm

If you want to reason with them you have to be a friend. You may be unlike in a lot of ways, but you have common interests with at least one of them, find common ground, chat on facebook, hang out at an arcade otr skatepark or mall or wherever your common ground is. Helps to be complimentary but don't kiss their butt or be a suck up, try to mirror his body language, expressions, tone and pitch when interacting with him but not so much it looks artificial, keep looking for more common ground to strengthen the relationship and make him like you, not only that but like himself for liking you. After a while at a proper time and place, introduce him to ecigs, helps if you use them too because he'll unconciously be in the habit of mirroring you when you're together, ask him if he wants to try it (he may very well ask you himself). Won't happen overnight but gradually start offering him one more and more, after a while you'll be able to simply hand it to him without saying a word and he'll unconciously accept it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drug network   Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:01 pm

Basically, befriend them, and subtly manipulate more positive an healthier habits into them. Eventually you want him to ditch the smoke completely and his attitude and mood will improve without those substances in their system. They'll introduce you to some of their pals, repeat the process with them. It's amazing how much of a difference you can make by simply being a positive influence while playing a role, I know from personal experience. It only takes one, start with one and work your way out. Like the ripples cast from a dropped pebble into a pound. Or dominoes.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Drug network   Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:08 pm

Stopping them is dangerous. I also have the same mission as you but this guys I'm fighting were a bunch of losers. Once you punch their gut, their down already. This is my advice, instead of stopping them, why don't you recruit those guys who haven't turned in to that lifestyle yet and let them join the rlsh? Build your army and maybe stop them. But that is called vigilantism. You see, law is the only thing that let crimes spread, such as stopping drug dealers. Some of these laws are helpful. So, these drug dealers are unable to be stopped.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drug network   Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:34 pm

I still think he should befriend them and be a positive influence....
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Drug network   Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:47 pm

Getting close to them is a good start. That way, you can determine just what it would take to get them to stop, and just what they know about the drug resources in their area. In some cases, propaganda is a good way to go. In others, gathering enough evidence and information to give the police probable cause is a good way to go. That's why you have to get close enough to figure out which step to take next. It could be a combination of the two.

As for gathering evidence, you have to remember that a civilian can gather evidence, and even present it to the cops... but the cops can't use it in a court of law against a suspect, unless they're the ones who gather it. All they can do is use your evidence to give them grounds for probable cause, and gather some of their own.

Drug dealers are dangerous, and you must tread lightly around them, at least to their faces. Subtlety is the key, both in endeavors like these, and around them in general. Best-case scenario, you fail, or they turn public opinion against you... if they're pillars of the community. Worst-case, you'll wind up chopped into pieces and scattered throughout a field somewhere.

In Crestview, Florida, for example, there's a man who calls himself "Cashen Moore", a.k.a. "Cash". He owns several legitimate businesses, and is considered a pillar of the community and a philanthropist. Everybody also knows that he runs all the prostitution and drugs in Crestview, for two reasons: it's a small town (under 30,000), and he has the cash to run a successful operation... including dragging his detractors through the mud when he doesn't consider them dangerous enough to deal with more directly.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Drug network   Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:11 am

I'd suggest taking the footmen out first. The street thugs who are walking around and distributing dope. Not the the one in the top.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drug network   Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:46 am

Jail may just give them more power, won't help much. They'll get out and continue doing what they were doing, only now they have a larger clientelle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drug network   Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:57 am

I'm speaking as a former drug user, small time dealer, and former inmate; believe it or not, I actually have a bit of an idea of how the system works, been around that stuff plenty, and going to jail is not a big deal for some of those guys; it's just like a regular thing they have to do once and a while; it's normal for them. Institutionalization does that to you, wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them actually like jail because it's more familiar to them. I still occasionally wish I was locked up, things were simpler; it's a little ironic, when I was in there all I could think about was getting back out there, but now that I'm out here, I often wish I was back there. It's a little weird, but I have a deeper level of understanding with people like that than some people do. Probaly why I frown upon the whole gung who kick some butt and take some names and land their butts in jail approach to it. That's not what needs to happen; they need to get their crap together and have good friends around them to help steer them right and true on the straight and narrow path of righteousness. A good friend can do more from them than a guard and a cell. Not to say there aren't some real monsters out there that need to be locked up, not at all, but our prisons are too full already; I don't feel right about sending someone to jail that truly doesn't need to be there. Just remember, if you send him to jail, your tax dollars are paying for him to be babysat while he chills out, watches television, and expands his empire. I sure as heck don't want to waste my money on that when I can much more easily get close and befirend them and be a positive influence and turn a former criminal into a productive member of society; if you ask me, that's true crime fighting. You don't have to fight criminals in order to fight crime; you can catch a lot more flies with honey than you may think.
Back to top Go down
Swift_Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Drug network   Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:07 pm

They enjoy how they are, they're making money and they're having fun with it, but it's just harmful to the community in a way. If I did confront them I'd most likely get mugged. I do really want to help these people but I guess there's just never an easy path right?

Swift.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drug network   Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:53 pm

I like to think that there is, when I'm stuck on something I just give it a think a while longer looking for the easiest route. Anything worth doing will take making an effort. Smile
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Drug network   Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:41 am

That's why you have to get the community on your side... or rather, help them to see that they are on each-others' side. There's strength in numbers. In the ideal situation, the clientele is turned away from the product or service, the "businessman" sees the lack of revenue in that area, and that "businessman" leaves for greener pastures. Of course, it's rarely, if ever, that easy. The government has been trying to affect people in that manner, for good and ill - depending on which side you're on, - since it's conception. If you're ready to dig your heels in and stay in this for the long haul, there's hardly a better way. If you want something quicker, to solve the immediate problem, you can try influencing the dealers themselves; whether the gradual way, by becoming their friends and influencing them, or the quick way, by going to war with them. You really don't want to go to war with them, but you don't want to become known as their friends, either. You have to find the balance that seems best, based on the situation at hand.
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Drug network   Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:42 am

And for goodness' sake, keep the police and neighborhood watch on your side!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drug network   

Back to top Go down

Drug network
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1