View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: being serious my opion and my code   Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:20 pm

Bud, you won't like me if im not a rlsh and you ran into me. That's why I chose to be oneand changed my ways.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: being serious my opion and my code   Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:25 pm

Titan, you are severely misunderstanding me. My first reaction isn't to end their life, my first reaction is to run away and hide. I will pull a gun if I am fear of my life, I will not shoot unless they continue to try to kill me, and at that point I would perform immediate first aid. I won't kill unless I have to, and I'll go severely out of my way to avoid it.

I am never going to leave Alaska. Alaska is the sfaest place in the world from criminals, because everyone has a gun here. Nobody pulls a gun on anyone here because they know there's a good chance that their victim will have a gun. An armed society is a polite society.

I run into burning buildings while everyone else is running out and I protect cities from the most destructive force of nature on this planet; I know 100% I am not a coward.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: being serious my opion and my code   Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:46 pm

Sorry titan, I thought you are talking to me
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: being serious my opion and my code   Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:11 pm

Actually, Alaska has been pretty high on the list for gun violence.  As of 2010, Alaska was number 1 for gun deaths, at 20.3 per 100,000 people.  That is almost twice the national average.  Among youth 17 years of age or younger, Alaska hit number one from 2001 to 2010, at three times the national average.  Makes you wonder what parents are teaching their kids.  

And your statistics are way off.  Most people (60 - 80%) do know or are acquainted with their murderer.
Back to top Go down
omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: being serious my opion and my code   Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:27 pm

The information you posted was important, Gauge. Thank you for posting it.

I would like to start off by saying that I mean no offense, but I find it frustrating and all-but sad that the EXACT same cycle continues to repeat itself on this board with any topic that drifts in structure. It is important to understand just how global the internet is, hence, the actions taken by individuals based on their environments will vary greatly.

To debate location ‘performance’ is to debate the concept of ghosts or the reality of UFO’s. This is known as Argumentum ad Ignorantiam; also known as the appeal to ignorance.

Being a RLSH begins with the foundation of Traits first. Traits, lead to Principles. Principles dictate actions. To speak on these, understand these, and build on these is a stronger path for growth instead of debating gun usage, with an already established, UNDERAGED child in another country.

This is NOT a RLSHs place. This is the PARENTS job.

Hero-Man, your intentions are noble, but you continue to allow yourself to be pulled into an area that is extremely ‘gray’ for one in your position. You have NO idea as to whom Nightmare or Titanag is, and yet your identity is exposed and available for attack is you piss the wrong person off. I am trying my best to look out for you!

The newspaper article with your picture has the State, City, District, Firehouse/Precinct presented for the world to research. It would take me less than 10 minutes to scrounge up a phone number, identify those in your chain-of-command, track down their email addresses, and send them copies of this correspondence with underage kids about lethal fighting techniques, religion, guns usage, Conservative politics, guns, as well as other weapons and armor.

This is NOT cool for you, your Precinct, your family, or your career! These guys on here owe you NOTHING, please –please… be more careful. They can easily send your info to the local newspaper which would affect the reputation of your entire Firehouse family.

This is NO joke.

Many of these individuals, claiming to be RLSHs are NOT going to change their methods of actions, but you can affect the processes of thought.

Have you ever asked yourself, ‘How did being a RLSH drift into 2 major distinct paths?’

-Giving out food or what-so-ever (whether it be to the Homeless or for an event)

-Crime-Fighting

Why is it, that very few are challenging this in an attempt to break the mold? Wouldn’t that inspire others? I love the way that you speak on being a Fireman and improving your medical training, it is VERY motivating. Both of these validate your abilities, hence they add value to your words.

These other characters? I haven’t heard ‘word-one’ from them about the certifications, degrees, awards, etc. that they were working to obtain in order to better themselves and add validity to their plight. All I have heard is more ‘ass-kicking’ conversations and who is a coward.

Here’s a special note – ALL of us have cowardice within us. No human is immune to fear. No one has absolute courage; so, to argue and debate the point is NUTS! Being a RLSH isn’t about bravado!

I remember when many of the older veterans were on here and they made that list of different ways to be a RLSH, other than the methods I mentioned. That list came from years of experience and was gifted with tons of wisdom. As they encountered more-and-more young ‘wannabee’ ass-kickers, many of them got frustrated and left.

What was left, was the lost young guiding the confused youth. Leadership became shallow and guidance evolved into misdirection.

Traits are independent of an environment.

If the concept of being a RLSH is about helping your fellow man, then enter debates in order to explore new and imaginative ways to do this other than the status quo. The youth is looking for a way to participate and ask yourself, what few methods are being delivered to them?

If the idea of being a RLSH is to inspire, then challenge yourself to brainstorm methods that invite those of all-ages instead of those that only adults should be doing. Neither of these methods are coward or weak, in fact, they are the opposite.

Knight-Hood joined us and wrote a book that is shared all around the world. He has reached people in Europe, Canada, Brazil, Australia, etc. He has impacted people young-and-old with a story that has been as powerful as the food he gives to the Homeless. He did this because he wanted another method to affect change.

I have written a book also, and mine has done as much or more for me and to me, than my enlistment in the military.

Storytelling can have just as much of an influence as the finger that pulls a trigger. It is something that can be done in youth and as an adult. It is something that almost all RLSHs have in common as to what inspired them to first don their costumes and uniforms.

“You must validate your abilities, before you can justify your capabilities” – Omen

“Heroes aren’t made during good times!” – The Elite Forces Division
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: being serious my opion and my code   Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:40 pm

@Guage@ Thanks for the info, got anything more recent? Better yet a link to the stats.
@Omen: You are so right, thanks for putting things in perspective. In my own defense though, I was speaking personally, not advising kids to get guns. I feel strongly about the second amendment and get angry at times with my country trying to disarm us. Freedom and Independance are my highest values. I will refrain from discussing those beliefs of mine at more appropriate times. Thanks for looking out.

PS, I've been thinking about writing a book too, my folks think my story is inspiring,still thinking about it though. I feel more angry than inspired when I reflect on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: being serious my opion and my code   Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:59 am

I can't speak for the rest of the parents in Alaska, but my parents taught me Libertarian Politics and a Utilitarian Philosophy.
Back to top Go down
omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: being serious my opion and my code   Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:13 am

I remember your story. I emailed you a while ago about working on it. I think it would be an AWESOME superhero story (you'd have to add a little fiction to it). It could be equally as good as a non-fiction story, but I would be careful of that because of slander and lawsuits.

The way I see it, is the strength behind it is the inspiration it creates. By merging the truth with some fantasy, you can achieve this goal without dragging the real people through the mud (even if they deserve it) and going to court to defend yourself.

-Omen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: being serious my opion and my code   Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:52 am

Yes, I'd definitely change the names. Except the Director, my "supervillain" because her name isn't really the Director, that's just what everyone called her. I'd leave out dates too. And the real name of the facilities involved, I usually do this anyway by referring to the place I was held as "the School" instead of including the first two words of it's real name, I just used the last one, school. Also because it adds a little irony due it being almost the exact opposite of what an actual school is.

I'd have to leave out the nitty gritty parts too; I don't want to put all that crap into other people's heads.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: being serious my opion and my code   Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:53 am

I'm still working on uncovering the story, Leviathan gave me some intel that I'm still looking into; mostly contacting other survivors and ex employees.
Back to top Go down
omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: being serious my opion and my code   Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:23 am

That's not a problem. Listen, if you are REALLY serious about this, then we can help.

When we released the 'New Legends: The Hero, the Antihero, and the Vigilante' anthology, the success took us off guard. When we attended the Miami International Book Fair, the standard book sales statistics for a first-time company's book sales were about 8 books a day.

We sold over 100 books in two day! It was stunning.

We had people visiting the United States purchasing these great stories to take back and share with those in their home Nations. It was humbling and flattering. There were readers ranging from teens to older adults searching for something new to read, other than the standard heroes of Marvel and DC.

They wanted new heroes and stories to inspire them. I learned so much by speaking with those seeking something other than what was main stream. They wanted the magic of heroes to return. When I inquired deeper, they spoke of Iron Man and Batman being great, but unrelatable billionaires.

Batman is a billionaire that could afford to outfit a private army made up of the most elite soldiers and detectives in existence, and yet he places himself at risk by going out solo. For many, they LOVED him as a character, but on the most basic levels... he just didn't make much sense to the modern reader.

Iron Man was somewhat similar, while being presented as 'Cool'.

While all of this is awesome, the readers simply wanted something new.

Knight-Hood's book sold well, because he brought back the 'old-world' Pulp sub-genre feel to his story while placing it in the modern times as a Real Life Superhero. This went over like a storm with the readers when we spoke about it and they began to buy his book like crazy.

As I said before, if you are serious, reach out to us on our forum and get involved in your own life and legacy. We are going to be printing a second volume, Hero, Antihero, & Vigilante, anthology this year because of the popularity of the first one. I would love for your character to be a part of it.

Our goal is to help Storytellers to share their tales... NOT to limit ourselves to merely catering to the famous or most highly educated writers. We focus on Storytellers!

We are all on a journey to become better writers, but our intention is to feed those that are hungry for the content of our concepts first.

-Omen, "Heroes aren't made during good times!" - The Elite Forces Division

W: www.VisualAdjectives.com
F: www.VisAdj.com
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: being serious my opion and my code   Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:32 am

I'd be happy to help; got a link to the best place to look first on your guys' site? How long do you need it to be? I have a lot of memories but part of my memories are blank, mostly around the point I got sent to Utah because of all the drugs and head injuries, but I have enough to tell most of the story. Since I started seeing a therapist again new memories have been getting unsuppressed with the help of hypnosis, some are good memories, but a lot of them probably aren't fit for sharing and would have to twique them a little. I'll probably have to ask her if it's a good idea to pursue this first.
Back to top Go down
omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: being serious my opion and my code   Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:12 am

This is our homepage: www.VisualAdjectives.com

Here is the direct link to our books. The anthology (New Legends: The Hero, The Anti-Hero, The Vigilante) is at the bottom of the page. You'll also see Knight-Hood's book on there.

Link: http://www.visualadjectives.com/main/books/

Knight-Hood is donating a portion of his profits to a Homeless organization. To me, this is a safe and GREAT way to be a RLSH. Not to mention, as he develop fans, they learn about the RLSH movement through him.

If you go to the GALLERY you will see some of the art used in various books.

The FORUM is our community, while the BLOG allows for comments and resources to be shared.

This is something that I welcome those that want to be involved.

-Omen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: being serious my opion and my code   Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:29 am

Nice! I've pondered eventually making like a comic book series off of the character "204" and using the profits of that to fight child abuse and institutional corruption. I'd want to take a bunch of classes inc ollege first though to really nail it. Smile

Thanks for the info. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: being serious my opion and my code   Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:29 am

204 wouldn't be a good RLSH; he's great on the pages of a comic book though; i feel that's where he truly belongs.
Back to top Go down
blueguardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: being serious my opion and my code   Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:27 am

http://youtu.be/EvspL4kMY54

I didn't read the whole discussion but your idea has already been done. I'm not sure how you expected to shock people unconscious though, considering you'd have to put whatever you shock him with into you as well.
http://youtu.be/GGx83KppSCQ
Here's a better one actually, forgot he re-did it.
I'm still working on a disposable camera stun gun, I have everything and it all works I just need to put it on a glove or something.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: being serious my opion and my code   Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:46 pm

Hero-Man: If you do write that book, it would be great for kids and parents alike to read.  It could also be a wake up call to other "schools" that may operate similarly, that people will not just sit back and be silent about their experiences.  

I don't think I would change the name of the school, though.  As long as you only share your experiences and stay clear of libelous characterizations, you could really affect change, and maybe save some kids from experiencing what you went through.  

Omen talks about a different way of being a RLSH, well this would be pretty unique.

Either way, I hope to have a copy of that book.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: being serious my opion and my code   Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:51 pm

My thoughts exactly. Smile
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: being serious my opion and my code   Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:53 pm

Whew, I thought omen will preach me again
Back to top Go down
omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: being serious my opion and my code   Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:18 am

I'll tell you what... Hero-Man, if you send me a physical description of your character, I would love to try to work a miracle with him. In fact, I like the name '204' for your character and wanted to expand on him because there was so much creative potential for him. This is what I was emailing you about a long time ago.

And, NIGHTMARE, I would like to invite you into this creative experience also. What I need from you is this...

Imagine your RLSH self as a fictional character in a story, whether it is a comic, graphic novel, or book... tell me what your character would be like. I would like to know how he physically looks, as well as what drives him to be the hero that he is. I would also like to know what his personality is like.

We would need to change his name in order to be more unique, so I want you to give that some thought also. Let me know if your character is a team person or more of an individual. Does he strive to be more of a HERO, ANTI-HERO, or VIGILANTE?

Remember, while you are the influence for this character... this character is fictional and NOT you. This will provide you with some creative freedom.

Now, here's the tricky and fantastic part... if your character can have one special ability or super-power, what would it be?

- Special Ability: a natural trait or skill honed to its maximum human potential
- Super-Power: a clear feat beyond that of natural humans

This is important to provide a baseline for your new character. Whatever special ability or super-power you choose, I am going to work my best to twist it into something unique so that when I give you a scenario, you will be forced to think outside the box as to how your character is going to respond and act to deal with it.

Okay, guys... Let's have some fun!!!
Back to top Go down
omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: being serious my opion and my code   Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:21 am

By the way... you guys can email me with the info directly.

Email: Omen@VisAdj.com

Once I get them, give me some time and I will share what I have done with them. It should be pretty cool.

-Omen
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: being serious my opion and my code   Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:01 pm

What is this, rp thread?
Back to top Go down
MapleDefender

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: being serious my opion and my code   Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:02 am

^ That comment coming from Nightmare?

Your the last person kicking around here to try and chirp anyone for "roleplaying" there budz.
Back to top Go down
omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: being serious my opion and my code   Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:09 am

Thanks for the support, MapleDefender.

I have received some character write-ups from both Hero-Man and Nightmare, and to be honest, they are not all that bad. In fact, I would love to see how these characters develop in the fictional worlds created around them.

Although I have an EXTREMELY busy schedule, which involves me writing and drawing for our new Steampunk anthology, as well as handling various client projects… I found it fun, to sit down with some of the guys on our team to talk about the story concepts and design descriptions for these characters.

I have one from Nightmare and multiple descriptions from Hero-Man. What I did was create a bunch of sketches based on what I received, and me and my team debated on the looks and ‘cool-factor’ of the designs.

Hero-Man’s was tough because he wanted a simple, and yet, somewhat classic look to his character. I approached his by using the basic form he outlined and used small intricacies in the collar, belt, and boots to give the viewer’s eyes something they can ‘eat’. I also redesigned his numerical logo, ‘204’ to make it more unique, in order to stand out when used.

I ended up sketching 3 different designs, but the one that the guys liked was what I posted on our forum.

I am still kicking around the designs on Nightmare’s character.

Oh, yea… hey guys, remember… this is a character design. It is NOT supposed to be a finalized piece of art.

It is a sketch.

Here is the link to his character on our forum:

http://www.visadj.com/thread/1038/character-design-sketch-204

By the way… Please feel free to explore our forum community and website.

-Omen, “Heroes aren’t made during good times!” – The Elite Forces Division
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: being serious my opion and my code   Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:53 am

Wow! That is AWESOME! Your writing and art skills are amazing! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: being serious my opion and my code   

Back to top Go down

being serious my opion and my code
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next