Share | 

The Americans Workour Logs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The American

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: The Americans Workour Logs   Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:06 pm

Hey there Folks! i started training today and however meagre it is atleast its a start. i jogged a little over a mile with a friend. found out i need to work on coordination aswell as physical abilities because i tripped and fell over my own feet..........i didnt time myself today but i will next time. will post more of my logs on this post as comments
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: The Americans Workour Logs   Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:11 am

Don't worry too much about timing yourself right now.  Just run a bit farther every day and increase your endurance.  Time yourself once a week rather than every day, and you will see more drastic improvement, but you should run every day.

Martial arts classes will help with your coordination and breathing.
Back to top Go down
adamm[]

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: The Americans Workour Logs   Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:03 pm

like gauge said, its best not to time yourself, or really keep track vigilanlty. sometimes it makes it seem like a harder workout.  like for me, when i jog without music i get irritated because i feel my legs getting tired, but with music it makes jogging so much easier.  its a mental thing to where i can do something if im not really paying attention to it. So not paying attention and just having fun = better workout.
Back to top Go down
Rook

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Americans Workour Logs   Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:00 am

[quote="adamm[]" just having fun = better workout.[/quote]
This concept was brought up a couple of times recently and it occurred to me that it's something worth highlighting.  Making sure that an element of fun is involved in your exercise, I believe, is crucial.  It's an interesting historical note that basketball was invented as a way to get young boys to exercise while having a bit of fun (a couple of peach baskets and an old ball, if I recall correctly).

This helps to ensure that you do it regularly.

That reminds me.  I have to get back to the gym...and maybe find a more fun way to exercise.

-Rook
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: The Americans Workour Logs   Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:51 am

A running/workout partner is one good way to stay motivated.  Make sure you have eachother's backs, and are truly supportive of your fitness goals.

If you want those legs to have tons of stamina, try jogging in hip-deep water to supplement your jogging.  You will get stronger, tougher and faster.
Back to top Go down
The American

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: The Americans Workour Logs   Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:12 pm

Today i ran a 5k Spinal Victory Marathon. wel..partially ran. came home. three hours later went and did a one mile walk around the park for a local charity. that charity event was about 2 miles from my house. so today i did the 5k marathon and walked about 5+ miles or so, Good day in my Eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Americans Workour Logs   

Back to top Go down

The Americans Workour Logs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1