Share | 

Need Help with a Training Schedule

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The American

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Need Help with a Training Schedule   Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:35 pm

Howdy There Folks! To be Honest, im not in the best physical shape, and want to improove my strength and agility. can anyone suggest a workout schedule i can do like sitsups running ect? any suggestions on how much i should do per day/week?
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with a Training Schedule   Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:51 pm

According to Jack LaLanne, the best time to exercise is whenever you have the time, and the best types of exercises to do are exercises involving your own body providing resistance. If you go to jacklalanne.com, you should be able to find some of his videos. Start with Monday, Week 1, and work your way through each day. You should be able to get into better shape for other exercises once you go through those. If you can't find his videos on his site, try searching for them on YouTube.
Back to top Go down
Equal

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with a Training Schedule   Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:41 am

Do something fun. Anything else won't last.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with a Training Schedule   Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:34 am

I don't recommend running while doing sit-ups affraid
Back to top Go down
The American

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with a Training Schedule   Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:15 pm

XD nice gauge
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with a Training Schedule   Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:41 pm

Seriously though, I don't train any muscle group with weights more than three times in a two week period. Muscle needs time to heal when you train, and that's when they grow.

Be sure to use the proper amount of weight, which you can control through the correct range of motion and complete your entire set. If you see people throwing massive dumbells in their curls for instance, they are engaging muscles other than the target, and not getting the best results. Correct form and weight isolates the muscle you want to work.

Do weights before cardio on days you do both. Weight training will warm you up for cardio, raising your heart rate, and burns off simple sugars in your system. Then, when you get on your cardio, you will be burning fat instead of just sugars.

Exhaust your fast-twitch fibers with lighter weights before using heavier ones. In a heavy set, fast-twitch fibers are used first, and only the last two or three reps count toward muscle growth, so don't kill yourself doing ten reps of too much weight when you get more benefit from using lighter weight first.

Don't shorten your range of motion. Body builders use an extremely short range of motion to pump up their muscles, but they sacrifice flexibility to an extreme degree. Flexibility is essential to RLSH.
Back to top Go down
The American

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with a Training Schedule   Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:25 pm

that helps alot actually. i have some light weight dumbells around the house i can use and then go for a job Smile thanks for the help guys!
Back to top Go down
Coachconner

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with a Training Schedule   Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:27 pm

i currently do the insanity work out program, it works and i stay consistant so long as i understand the value of hard work and get used to the mental conditioning of putting my body in a state of struggle and lots of running.
Back to top Go down
Rook

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with a Training Schedule   Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:01 pm

I was once told that the best exercise is one that you're willing to do.  
-Rook
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with a Training Schedule   Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:25 pm

Check out The Art of Expressing the Human Body. It's bruce lee's training bible.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
The Great Pumpkin

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with a Training Schedule   Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:43 pm

Apologies for bumping an old thread, but I'd like to recommend Dan John's minimalist training for those who don't have an abundance of time and want to gain some explosive strength. It's basically a 2 day a week lifting program.

Day One:
Power Clean
Bench Press

Day Two:
Snatch
Front Squat

or if you're looking for more of the big 3, there is

Day one:
Deadlift
Bench Press

Day two:
Squat
Bench Press

I personally like to use two different bench press variations , like cg day one and standard grip w/ a pause day 2...mix it up a bit. Don't tell, but I always add rows in on one of the days as well. I like a 2:1 back to chest ratio to keep from getting the rounded "boxer's hunch"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with a Training Schedule   

Back to top Go down

Need Help with a Training Schedule
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1