HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Superhero Story Submissions - A new way to DONATE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Superhero Story Submissions - A new way to DONATE   Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 am

Another way to be a HERO…

Hey guys, we are looking for characters and stories! We are
taking submissions in order to build an anthology of tales and inspiration.

For
those of you with a story to tell… this is an opportunity.

The stories can be ‘Based
on real life events’ or fictional, it does not matter.

The idea is to develop a collection of quality character
stories focused on the theme and contrast between:

The Hero

The Antihero

The Vigilante

This book will be offered and marketed to the global
community. Each payment made for the story can be sent to you directly or
redirected as a donation to any organization of your choosing. This creates
another way to be a hero for those who may not be able to go on patrol or
donate food, whether it is because of age, physical ability, location, etc.

We can include your name or you team title for the donation,
if you wish… or you can simply leave it as anonymous. You can create multiple
stories and receive a payment for each one and direct them to different
organizations if you choose.

I’ve been working with the RLSH community for a long time
and have met some VERY creative spirits within the family. If you’ve ever
wanted a chance to get on the virtual stage to tell your story or introduce a
new type of character… this is it.

You can find out more information on the Visual Adjective
forum (www VisAdj com) in the announcements section at the top.

-Omen, “Heroes aren’t made during good times.” – The Elite Forces
Division
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Story Submissions - A new way to DONATE   Wed May 29, 2013 4:29 am

Sounds Great
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Story Submissions - A new way to DONATE   Wed May 29, 2013 2:24 pm

Will this be a comic or an actual book?
Back to top Go down
omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Story Submissions - A new way to DONATE   Wed May 29, 2013 5:52 pm

They will be organized as short stories within the anthology. Some may choose to do their as all text, while others will choose images. One of the guys we're working with is doing his in comic book style with all images. I will probably do mine as text with a couple of images to back it up.

-Omen
Back to top Go down
Kaiju

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Story Submissions - A new way to DONATE   Wed May 29, 2013 7:44 pm

Oooh, I like the sound of this. I'll see what I can do.
Back to top Go down
omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Story Submissions - A new way to DONATE   Thu May 30, 2013 10:58 am

That would be excellent! I think it would be cool to introduce a new collection of characters with great stories to the world. It would give more options for readers instead of recycling the same character's over and over.

One of the biggest strengths and weaknesses in current comics, graphic novels, and books is the contractual limitation that nothing permanent can happen to key characters. After a completed story arc, the character must end up as he/she was before the event.

Hence, Batman will always come back as Batman... and Captain America will always end up with his shield.

There ARE ways around this, such as the 'Alternate' universe set up; which in Marvel was referred to as the 'ULTIMATE' universe. But overall, the Hulk will always be green and savage, Iron Man won't die from his heart problems, and (on the DC side of things) Lex will never kill Superman.

They are ALL money makers.

This presents a challenge and chance for new creators to bring to life characters and stories without these limitations. This allows a writer to explore the true fears that come from failure, sacrifice, and death. Our characters are not promised an issue number 2.

Imagine if the Punisher was held accountable for all of his killings. Imagine if the FBI poured the full might of their resources into discovering Batman's identity. Imagine, what would happen, if oil was found on Themyscira (Wonder Woman's homeland)... I wonder where our next great war would be?

Imagine making a character that has the ability to remember previous battles he's fought and still bears the scars from them. Imagine creating a character that has to deal with age and time passing him by.

Imagine a world with NO Superman, in which the strongest person is nothing more than the most dedicated person.

These are areas that the main stream storytellers have to move around when working with the big name entities. These are the areas that hold no limitation for us.
Back to top Go down
Rook

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Story Submissions - A new way to DONATE   Fri May 31, 2013 5:48 pm

Love the idea, Omen! Glad to see you here!

What are the parameters of these stories (word count, etc?)

Are you looking for large-and-sweeping with a dose of plausibility (e.g., adventures of Knight-Hood), or a simpler collection of "here's a homeless guy I helped" kind of stuff like on my blog?

-Rook
Back to top Go down
Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Story Submissions - A new way to DONATE   Fri May 31, 2013 10:21 pm

Well if you are truly hard up for content here’s something I cranked out a while back. Feel free to use it if you want it.
http://unrealitylab.dtdns.net/cybermantitlepage.htm If you need further details let me know.

Superman
Back to top Go down
omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Story Submissions - A new way to DONATE   Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:04 pm

First of all… WOW!!!

We’ve had some GREAT submissions from you guys and I wanted to take
the time to say THANK YOU!!! Our team will be meeting every week to
review and critique the works received. We have already started meeting
on Saturdays.

Each story is reviewed by at least 2 of our staff members then
summarized to the rest of the group allowing questions to be asked and
further details to be inquired about.

We are NOT looking for perfect writers.
We are looking for STORYTELLERS!

Many publishing companies spend most of their time saying ‘no’ to the
stacks and stacks of submissions they receive because of things such as
an indention here and the wrong quotation there. To me… this is like
throwing away gold because it has dirt on it.

We have always looked for Storytellers. We have always embraced that
no one is perfect and everyone has to start somewhere. We know that some
characters and stories are going to start off simple and rough… but, we
also believe in POTENTIAL. If we come across a character or story with
the potential to become something great over time…

…then we are willing to fight to give that creation a chance! That is
ultimately what all of this is about. This is why we have no problem
donating what we can with what little we make. We have no problem with
the main-stream industry trying to stop people like us from growing.

They fear that we will take their corporate market space because we
are willing to give a chance to those they discard. In that sense… they
should fear us.

We WANT to build relationships. We DO want to help. This is why we exist!

Once again… THANKS, guys, for the submissions and feel free to
continue to send them. The deadline is still some distance away and a
lot can be achieved by then!!
Back to top Go down
omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Story Submissions - A new way to DONATE   Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:23 pm

HEY ROOK!!! Nice to hear from you again.

You KNOW that you don't have a choice with this project, right?!?

You have GOT to submit something!! You have too much knowledge and experience to sit on the sidelines.

The idea for this project actually started with the Real Life Superhero movement and grew into a big monster that I think the creators out there can train. It started with a simple post on the 'OLD' forum on the other site, in which everyone was arguing about RLSHs following rules, laws, policies, etc. and what constituted a hero.

The post by BLACKMAGE about, the Hero, the Antihero, and the Vigilante became the focus of many questions from reporters and articles involving RLSHs.

From that it was placed at the forefront of our website (Visual Adjectives), which brought in even more questions from the outside community. We then decided to incorporate the concept into the environment of creation and to develop it as an anthology to allow the exploration into this from various aspects.

Not to mention... it also linked communities together. We've had muliple writers from all over the world send in questions about RLSHs because they'd NEVER heard of RLSHs, and now they are researching them. We have creators introducing characters of all races and powers we've never seen in stories that some would never expect (sorry Marvel and DC).

We have gritty ground-based realistic heroes and fantastical flyers determined to change the cosmos. We have ancient characters, steampunk characters, pulp characters, as well as the girl-next-door characters. It is REALLY exciting.

We encourage the stories to keep coming. It we can't fit all of the best ones in this book, then we will consider creating a second book to expose even more of these creations.

You have GOT to be a part of this, ROOK!!!

-Omen
Back to top Go down
DarkShadow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Story Submissions - A new way to DONATE   Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:42 pm

I like this idea. I'll see what I can come up with and let you know.

DarkShadow out
Back to top Go down
omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Story Submissions - A new way to DONATE   Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:44 pm

AWESOME!!!
Back to top Go down
omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Story Submissions - A new way to DONATE   Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:49 pm

Another thing I want to mention is that ARTWORK is invited also. If you have a detailed character design and you're not an artist, let me know and I'll see what I can do about getting one of our artists to possibly do a character design for you.

Remember, I'm not making any promises, but I'll do what I can. I'm an artist too and I know how crazy schedules can get when you have projects you're working on. But... these guys are really cool and sometimes I can pull one to the side to do a sketch or two.

Heck, even I try to do that.

-Omen
Back to top Go down
Rook

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Story Submissions - A new way to DONATE   Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:21 am

omen wrote:
HEY ROOK!!! Nice to hear from you again.

You KNOW that you don't have a choice with this project, right?!?

You have GOT to submit something!! You have too much knowledge and experience to sit on the sidelines.

The idea for this project actually started with the Real Life Superhero movement and grew into a big monster that I think the creators out there can train. It started with a simple post on the 'OLD' forum on the other site, in which everyone was arguing about RLSHs following rules, laws, policies, etc. and what constituted a hero.

The post by BLACKMAGE about, the Hero, the Antihero, and the Vigilante became the focus of many questions from reporters and articles involving RLSHs.

From that it was placed at the forefront of our website (Visual Adjectives), which brought in even more questions from the outside community. We then decided to incorporate the concept into the environment of creation and to develop it as an anthology to allow the exploration into this from various aspects.

Not to mention... it also linked communities together. We've had muliple writers from all over the world send in questions about RLSHs because they'd NEVER heard of RLSHs, and now they are researching them. We have creators introducing characters of all races and powers we've never seen in stories that some would never expect (sorry Marvel and DC).

We have gritty ground-based realistic heroes and fantastical flyers determined to change the cosmos. We have ancient characters, steampunk characters, pulp characters, as well as the girl-next-door characters. It is REALLY exciting.

We encourage the stories to keep coming. It we can't fit all of the best ones in this book, then we will consider creating a second book to expose even more of these creations.

You have GOT to be a part of this, ROOK!!!

-Omen
Thanks for the compliments; I'll try to get something together.

As soon as I figure out a plot....

What is the average length of the contributions thus far?

-Rook
Back to top Go down
Werewolf

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Story Submissions - A new way to DONATE   Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:17 pm

I would be happy to write something for you... I have lots of stories to tell... a lot of them are a tad dark through, is that okay?
Back to top Go down
omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Story Submissions - A new way to DONATE   Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:00 am

I'm currently working on a story that is slightly dark myself, Werewolf. I've lighten some aspects of it to try a different technique and I'm anxious to see how things turn out.
Back to top Go down
omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Story Submissions - A new way to DONATE   Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:05 am

Hey guys, just to give an update again, we've recvd some more stories and I hope you keep them coming!!! We've also recvd a couple of Steampunk stories (which were really good) for the next anthology coming out near the end of the year.

We are trying to spread the word everywhere, so if you know someone that is creative, PLEASE - PLEASE - PLEASE pass the word to them!!

Another thing... If you all know some artists that can appreciate this opportunity also, pass the word to them.

The goal is to share the stories within us to everyone!!!

-Omen
Back to top Go down
omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Story Submissions - A new way to DONATE   Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:30 pm

UPDATE!!!

First of all, this has been an INCREDIBLE adventure!!! The feedback and support has been GREAT!! One of the first challenges we had was choosing the stories. We chose a general mix for this first book and squeezed in as many stories as we could for this book format (anthology).

What we have discovered in some of our test reads, is that some of these characters have the potential to grow into an ongoing series, which is something truly to be invited.

We are in the final editing stages of the book and preparing to do a full release of it in the Miami Book Fair at the end of November!! Things are really getting exciting.

We have decided to go with three book covers in order to honor each of the three character dispositions (The Hero, the Antihero, and the Vigilante). We have posted a sneak peek of the covers on our blog and website.

Once again, I want to thank EVERYONE that got involved and contributed!! We need your motivation to keep going with this and to develop these new flavors of characters in order to share with the world!!

Here is the link: http://www.visualadjectives.com/main/books/

"Heroes aren't made during good times!" - The Elite Forces Division

W: www.VisualAdjectives.com
F: www.VisAdj.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Story Submissions - A new way to DONATE   

Back to top Go down

Superhero Story Submissions - A new way to DONATE
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1